BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

I’m never one to claim sources, and this isn’t an insider. However my mates doing a plumbing job on Brockhall today and said there was someone posing with a shirt outside the training centre. Seen as Downing’s already done his i’d suggest this is a new signing to be announced today. 

If it is (if doing quite a lot of work) I'm pleased at least that we've managed to keep it under wraps.

I know the days of getting a Craig Bellamy from nowhere have disappeared, but it says good things about our operation if we can keep our transfer targets and, to a certain extent, budget to ourselves. 

31 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Someone had to fill the void mate and there's been one bubbling under the surface it seems he's now busted through ?

Fair play to you for stepping up :) although poor chaddy never threatened to beat anyone with his keyboard or to slap them off tarmac ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

I’m never one to claim sources, and this isn’t an insider. However my mates doing a plumbing job on Brockhall today and said there was someone posing with a shirt outside the training centre. Seen as Downing’s already done his i’d suggest this is a new signing to be announced today. 

We better sign someone or you need to have a chat with your mate :)

There are rumuors on Twitter that it is Adam Clayton. Although I reckon that's pure guess work. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

There are rumuors on Twitter that it is Adam Clayton. Although I reckon that's pure guess work. 

Well he does play for Boro

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So sack a manager who reached our target of mid table over signing an England under 19 international that he has stated needed time to settle in. Mmm ok then.  I think the money could have been spent elsewhere, but sacking him over it? Come on 

FFS, Mowbray committed the club to £7million+ on, IMO ,  a dud.  That's approaching 70% of the club's annual turnover. 

If you don't think that's one big bullock dropped then go and squander 70% of your annual take home pay on birds, booze or whatever and see what your missus has to say!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

FFS, Mowbray committed the club to £7million+ on, in OK,  a dud.  That's approaching 70% of the club's annual turnover. 

If you don't think that's one big bullock dropped then go and squander 70% of your annual take home pay on birds, booze or whatever and see what your missus has to say!

I will reserve judgement on whether he is a dud or not to this season. Whatever about that, Mowbray has met his targets full season on full season. Rightly, that is what he is being judged on. 

I don't get the analogy. 

12 hours ago, gumboots said:

Doesn't matter what you think though does it?  We can't get him sacked if we wanted to. And I'm not sure the majority of fans, however much they moan about him, want him sacked anyway

Well it does as it means the club miss out on a number of season tickets for personal and business use.

That is replicated hundreds if not thousands of times over.  IMO,  V's ownership and the, in the main, direct football  served up by Mowbray has cost our club dearly.

Just now, CraigF said:

Think the potential new signing is that O’Neill. Hasn’t he been linked with us quite a bit in the past few days, plus he’s over here on ‘holiday’ too

Was in Paris at the Eiffel Tower yesterday... and ain't blonde.

Just now, CraigF said:

Think the potential new signing is that O’Neill. Hasn’t he been linked with us quite a bit in the past few days, plus he’s over here on ‘holiday’ too

I saw on his Instagram that he was in France yesterday, so might not be him.

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Fair play to you for stepping up :) although poor chaddy never threatened to beat anyone with his keyboard or to slap them off tarmac ?

How can I possibly fill Chaddys void ?  It takes a special kind of positive to do that.  The BigOmeter is on its way ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So Clayton may be the bearded player from the hotel then? ? #sillyseason

Edited by Swanson

25 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Jamal Lowe has come out today and said he wants to leave Pompey. Could do a lot worse than him!

Decent player, think I’ve seen the dingles linked with him as well as a couple of higher end championship clubs, no harm in testing the waters with a bid but who knows if we’ve got enough money to do so.