BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We better sign someone or you need to have a chat with your mate :)

There are rumuors on Twitter that it is Adam Clayton. Although I reckon that's pure guess work. 

adam clayton is another midfielder isnt he?  unless we  were to let smallwood and maybe even evans go then he would make sense?  unless rodwell does leave then evans can be back up to clayton and travis in the middle, with davenport also back up

36 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Seems like this supposed signing is a lot of tosh then , nice trolling 

How? It’s quarter to 4...

Luke Freeman close to a £3m move to Sheffield United from QPR. Didnt we have double that rejected 10 months ago? 

There seems to be a worrying disparity between the quality of players we get signed and ones (in some cases we enter talks with) that choose not to join.

McGinn, Freeman, Bauer and Assombalonga compared to Smallwood, S. Downing, P. Downing and Brereton.

Mowbray talks a good game yet keeps ending up with the classic "10 to 2 bird" in the kebab house.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 5

I hope the 'plumber's mate' was 6'5", built like a brick sh1thouse, barked instructions at the photographer and the shirt he was holding up was numbered 5 or 6.

We've no given right to expect millions to be lavished on recruitment. IMV, if we sort ourselves out at the back, we'll not be far short of top 6 with what midfielders and forwards we already have at our disposal.

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Luke Freeman close to a £3m move to Sheffield United from QPR. Didnt we have double that rejected 10 months ago? 

There seems to be a worrying disparity between the quality of players we get signed and ones (in some cases we enter talks with) that choose not to join.

McGinn, Freeman, Bauer and Assombalonga compared to Smallwood, S. Downing, P. Downing and Brereton.

Mowbray talks a good game yet keeps ending up with the classic "10 to 2 bird" in the kebab house.

That's because they like us being linked with good ones it gives a bit of kudos to the bold talk then they hide behind the couldn't afford line when they already knew that from the off. That has now somewhat been blown out of the water with Bauer ending up at little old PNE and Downing costing a decent wage coming here.

There's a lot of talk needs backing up by now.

• Like 1

If it turns out to be wrong then I can only apologise but it was just what I got told. Wouldn’t put it on here if I didn’t think there was any credibility and I definitely don’t have an inside source he just mentioned seeing it this morning.

On 22/06/2019 at 22:19, S8 & Blue said:

He looks like Joe Ledley about as much as me and he’s the same race.

But I wouldn’t mind international defenders having trials with us...

Is this just a guess? Or a source?

The lad on Twitter should just ask him his bloody name if it’s true.

Told his agent offered him - Adam Matthews.

Saw he’s been released at Sunderland 

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

FFS, Mowbray committed the club to £7million+ on, IMO ,  a dud.  That's approaching 70% of the club's annual turnover. 

If you don't think that's one big bullock dropped then go and squander 70% of your annual take home pay on birds, booze or whatever and see what your missus has to say!

Has he tho it's up to 7m with targets met if he reaches the targets he will have been worth 7m no? 

2 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

The pull of the Premier League. We fed off clubs like ours for a long time.

Just now, Pedro said:

The pull of the Premier League. We fed off clubs like ours for a long time.

Did we though? I can't remember us plucking many Championship or League 1 players from obscurity when we were in the Premier League..

I know we did get some gems, but the majority of those were from overseas clubs: Nelsen, Samba, Friedel, Tugay, Benni, Roque, Nzonzi, Pedersen, Salgado, Jermaine Jones, Goulon, Bellamy..

Kuqi is probably the only one that really jumps out at me if I'm honest, oh, and Keith Andrews..

• Like 1

Just now, Lie_still_Rover said:

Did we though? I can't remember us plucking many Championship or League 1 players from obscurity when we were in the Premier League..

I know we did get some gems, but the majority of those were from overseas clubs: Nelsen, Samba, Friedel, Tugay, Benni, Roque, Nzonzi, Pedersen, Salgado, Jermaine Jones, Goulon, Bellamy..

Kuqi is probably the only one that really jumps out at me if I'm honest, oh, and Keith Andrews..

Stead for half a season was an unreal signing, his goals helped keep us up. Great memory when he scored the winner at home too United. Big step up for him coming from league one but he looked like he was going too be a world beater at first, of course it didn’t work out like that.. But on the original point, I agree, I can’t think of many more that we signed from lower league clubs when we were in the prem, any that made any sort of impact anyway. Just remembered Steven Reid, he wasn’t a bad signing either from Millwall at the time, worth it for that goal at Wigan alone! 

• Like 1

Souness was a big admirer of a certain Tim Cahill that summer too, though he obviosuly chose Everton for something like £2.5m. He would have been an absolute game changer for us. Unreal attacking midfielder.

That Millwall team lost Steven Reid, Lucas Neill and Tim Cahill in 12 months and also had a certain Burnley manager in their team.

Wonder what Cahill would cost on today's market. £25m?

(Edit: When Eveton bought him from Millwall I mean)

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Rumours surfacing around David Bates CB who plays for Hamburg

Never heard of him, but Google tells me he's nicknamed "the Ginger Ramos" ?

Sounds an interesting option though?