BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

44 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Not even Rhodes who was banging goals in for fun couldnt even get into the Scotland. I see the comment as relatively void.

I think Strachan didn't rate Rhodes as a lone striker just in the same way some Rovers fans, me for one, didn't.  When your central midfield is poor you can't play two up front which was the ideal situation for Rhodes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, roverandout said:

David bates can't even get in the Hamburg team and they are a  second tier team in Germany. He looks gash for Scotland too

Transfermarkt shows he wasn't involved in 9 Bundesliga 2 games last season. That includes suspension, and looking at his Twitter - an injury, so doesn't look too bad on paper.

If you think we'll be signing any of the good players from Bundesliga 1 then I've got news for you though!

Scotland, couldn't comment.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Hence why we will be financially hamstrung by that transfer for a while yet

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

My understanding is a very substantial non target fee with add ons - supposedly Forest couldn't believe their luck.  

Don’t you just love reading the same assumptions day in, day out, for nearly a year.

There is no evidence whatsoever that it only reaches 7 million with adds ons. 

The accounts show a 5 million down payment, with it in all likelihood reaching 7 in future instalments - as that is how nearly all transfer fees are paid.

12 minutes ago, Biz said:

Don’t you just love reading the same assumptions day in, day out, for nearly a year.

There's no assumption he has to be paid for however it's done and that's a fact as are the accounts and Mowbray himself confirming the fee.

We've loved your goal post moving assumptions on it though for nearly a year now trying to make out he's only cost a few quid so far and he's earning peanuts comparably speaking.

As usual real evidence points to the contrary but I suppose we can never rule out the late window Venky rush of blood that might agree to underwrite some more big commitment signings, loan or otherwise.

We haven't had any update recently on Ben Gladwin. No mention of how his contract discussions have progressed or if he's still going to be here next week.

I'm accepting that the team kicking off v Charlton is going to be more or less the same as the one that finished last season. I think Downing will start on the bench, we'll have another CB trying to force his way in ahead of Lenihan and Mulgrew, and possibly another CF to make up the numbers (likely to be a loan) and then that will be that.

Think Mowbray is going to do his usual routine of taking the younger lads away to Austria to see if any of those can step up, then wait and see who is available later on and if any deals can be done. If we spend close to the £10 million of last summer I'll be amazed.

Doubt there's any serious interest in any of ours at this early stage.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

We haven't had any update recently on Ben Gladwin. No mention of how his contract discussions have progressed or if he's still going to be here next week.

I'm accepting that the team kicking off v Charlton is going to be more or less the same as the one that finished last season. I think Downing will start on the bench, we'll have another CB trying to force his way in ahead of Lenihan and Mulgrew, and possibly another CF to make up the numbers (likely to be a loan) and then that will be that.

Think Mowbray is going to do his usual routine of taking the younger lads away to Austria to see if any of those can step up, then wait and see who is available later on and if any deals can be done. If we spend close to the £10 million of last summer I'll be amazed.

Doubt there's any serious interest in any of ours at this early stage.

Gladwin contract extended till Xmas, currently injured, again.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Maybe not majority opinion but I'd much rather keep Smallwood in the squad and try to get someone to give us a few quid for Evans.

The fact we might be able to get a few quid for Evans but clearly won't for Smallwood should mean we keep him before Richie.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, blondie said:

Goalkeeping situation unresolved. David Raya op has not been confirmed.

If not, with post op rehabilitation can understand Leutwiler situation.

Raya delayed the op so he didn’t lose his place this season and it’s highly likely Frank Fielding will be signing too

Just now, OssyLad said:

it’s highly likely Frank Fielding will be signing too

I just get the impression that if we wanted Fielding that he would have signed by now, he was released from Bristol very quickly after the season ended.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Just now, schoey said:

Rodwell looking like a potential last minute re-signing unless he gets a better offer after he didn’t turn up for the start of pre-season and not being included in the Austria trip...

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17728388.latest-on-rovers-contract-talks-with-jack-rodwell/

No great loss. Not good enough at CB and not got the body (or mental strength) to play CM week in week out anymore.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

I just get the impression that if we wanted Fielding that he would have signed by now, he was released from Bristol very quickly after the season ended.

Not what he’s been saying so I’ve heard, could be wrong but that’s what’s been said 

Just now, OssyLad said:

Not what he’s been saying so I’ve heard, could be wrong but that’s what’s been said 

I've heard from people he was at a wedding with recently that he could be coming back. We should be looking to do better. 

Edited by Neal

17 minutes ago, schoey said:

Rodwell looking like a potential last minute re-signing unless he gets a better offer after he didn’t turn up for the start of pre-season and not being included in the Austria trip...

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17728388.latest-on-rovers-contract-talks-with-jack-rodwell/

Not showing up for pre-season and having his holiday then instead? Awful attitude towards fitness and preparation, whether he is going to be here or elsewhere. That settles it for me, I now hope he doesn't sign.

12 minutes ago, schoey said:

I would withdraw our offer he obviously only wants to be here as a last resort. The worrying thing in that article is that Mowbray talked about his versatility, its almost like he didn't see some of his performances at centre back last season.