BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

I've heard from people he was at a wedding with recently that he could be coming back. We should be looking to do better. 

Hes rubbish.

Just now, AAK said:

Hes rubbish.

Over 300 games in the football league, mostly at the level we're at now.

Played regularly for teams that that have finished above us in most of the past 7 seasons.

A Blackburn lad and Rovers fan to boot, we could certainly do worse.

• Like 5

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Over 300 games in the football league, mostly at the level we're at now.

Played regularly for teams that that have finished above us in most of the past 7 seasons.

A Blackburn lad and Rovers fan to boot, we could certainly do worse.

Who he supports or where he comes from is surely an irrelevance. Jason Lowe came through the academy but we couldnt want him any further from the club. The question should be does he have the quality to improve us and aid our supposed push for a top 6 place. I would say certainly not.

• Like 3

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Who he supports or where he comes from is surely an irrelevance. Jason Lowe came through the academy but we couldnt want him any further from the club. The question should be does he have the quality to improve us and aid our supposed push for a top 6 place. I would say certainly not.

Of course it doesn't really matter, I just don't think it hurts, Plus Jason Lowe isn't a Rovers fan anyway...

For me, Fielding has plenty of experience at this level and is a decent keeper. Much better competition for Raya than the Canadian, and also fits in perfectly with Mowbrays philosophy of not bringing in anyone who is better than what we have.

Maybe it will happen after all.

27 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Not showing up for pre-season and having his holiday then instead? Awful attitude towards fitness and preparation, whether he is going to be here or elsewhere. That settles it for me, I now hope he doesn't sign.

Rich Sharpe just tweeted that Rodwell wasn’t expected at the start of pre season yesterday. I don’t mind whether he stays or goes, I won’t mind if he leaves and if he stays then fair enough. He didn’t show enough consistency for me, looked a class above some games and invisible in others. 

Sounds like we've dished out a contract of some description to Ben Gladwin who hasn't played for 18 months and wont be for the next 6 months and even then he isn't good enough for the Championship.

Don't think Mowbray will have any qualms handing Rodwell another deal even if he's not fully fit if he can fill two slots in the squad and doesn't cost much.

Easier than finding an alternative.

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

We haven't had any update recently on Ben Gladwin. No mention of how his contract discussions have progressed or if he's still going to be here next week.

I'm accepting that the team kicking off v Charlton is going to be more or less the same as the one that finished last season. I think Downing will start on the bench, we'll have another CB trying to force his way in ahead of Lenihan and Mulgrew, and possibly another CF to make up the numbers (likely to be a loan) and then that will be that.

Think Mowbray is going to do his usual routine of taking the younger lads away to Austria to see if any of those can step up, then wait and see who is available later on and if any deals can be done. If we spend close to the £10 million of last summer I'll be amazed.

Doubt there's any serious interest in any of ours at this early stage.

Gladwin will still be on the books this time next year I bet and we'll hang around waiting for Rodwell and either chuck him an improved deal he's probably angling for or leave it too late and he'll be off leaving a hole in the squad with the excuse no time to fill it.

Is there a more relaxed manager in this div ?  Next news we'll find out he's signed a 5 year extension. I'd love to know what they were really planning on that Pune trip, my guess, same budget, same costs and invest what little headroom there might be left after what is already committed then grow the team another season.  Finish a few places higher then get ready to cash in !

So there'll be no promotion or play offs pressure but at least the pay off days seem gone.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

There is no evidence whatsoever that it only reaches 7 million with adds ons. 

The accounts show a 5 million down payment, with it in all likelihood reaching 7 in future instalments - as that is how nearly all transfer fees are paid.

?

We put down 5m up front. JHC. 

whilst I have my sympathy for gladwin and his injury situation, it is par for the course for a lot in the UK to get bugger all when sick from work. I am beginning to think Mowbray has a soft centre, as I'd have cut him loose. 

Edited by Dr X
  • Like 1

Gladwin came here from QPR and joined them at a time when they were throwing money around. Safe to say he wont have taken much of a cut when penning his 2 year deal with us. If, and it's a big if, he's only been on 5k a week, that's half a million over his contract. About 1700 adult season tickets.

Perhaps that is enough reason to be baffled/concerned by the talk of handing him a 6 month extension to enable him to get fit. If he goes down to 2k a week and signs on until January that's still nearly 60k committed on someone unable to play.

Amazing given all the talk about Ffp, balancing the books etc. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Rich Sharpe just tweeted that Rodwell wasn’t expected at the start of pre season yesterday. I don’t mind whether he stays or goes, I won’t mind if he leaves and if he stays then fair enough. He didn’t show enough consistency for me, looked a class above some games and invisible in others. 

That's where I was on it, until seeing he decided to have his holiday at the start of pre-season. There's been plenty of other time to get that in. Highly unprofessional and suggests he isn't fully committed to getting in shape, for us or for anyone else. Especially worrying with such an injury prone player. I don't care if the club already knew, and frankly they shouldn't have allowed it whilst he is under contract. We're being a soft touch again.

1 hour ago, OssyLad said:

You do know Raya is still going to our number 1 right. Fielding is back up 

As i said, no improvement on our current shite keeper. Not sure what your point is.

Edited by AAK

Just now, JHRover said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/patrick-bauer-reveals-reason-joined-16483078

Written by a certain Alex James. Wasnt he the resident dingle at the Lancashire Telegraph for a while?

Mowbray will have told him "listen paddy, best buddy, top man, warrior, i want you at this club, ive already got two great centre backs in williams and mulgrew, so will play you when they are injured, when you do play ive got a lad called richie protecting the back four pal"

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/patrick-bauer-reveals-reason-joined-16483078

Written by a certain Alex James. Wasnt he the resident dingle at the Lancashire Telegraph for a while?

No surprise that a player would be put off by Mowbray's incoherent wittering.

He probably lost the will to live during the talks.   

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

No surprises here, let's face the facts, Preston have a very capable and ambitious young manager, who is desperate to

succeed in getting them into the Premier League, or at least give it his best shot.

We have Tony Mowbray, who gives me the impression that we'll be ok as long as we improve slightly on last season.

The German lad probably fell asleep half way through their conversation.

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Stoke have just announced 5 signings all in one go. Will we announce 5 over the course of the whole window? 

Going to be inconvenient when we reach a stage where most clubs have signed more than us after people have spent the last few weeks claiming nobody else is doing any business. 

• Like 2