BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Oh jhc not another who's a jack of all trades master of non you could describe Jason Lowe like him and remember when they were linking him with 5 mill moves...

No thanks lets just get a proper centre half in not spunk 3 mill on another just because he has NE connections.

Just now, tomphil said:

Oh jhc not another who's a jack of all trades master of non you could describe Jason Lowe like him and remember when they were linking him with 5 mill moves...

No thanks lets just get a proper centre half in not spunk 3 mill on another just because he has NE connections.

I don't know if you were being sarcastic, but I don't remember Jason Lowe being linked with any moves at all, let alone for 5 million? There was a distinct lack of interest in him despite how a small handful of fans used to praise him. Glad nobody lauds him anymore. That small handful were probably the type that have to defend absolutely everything the club is doing.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

The players we have signed over the past 12 months?

The fact he is an established international?

Looking at his past club and current club and taking an educated guess that he will be on more money than our highest earner?

The fact that he would be told that he would have to get past the likes of Bennett, Smallwood, Evans, Williams, or Mulgrew to get a place in the side?

The other clubs he appears to be linked with?

Those 3 are also established internationals, one of whom is McNair's international teammate (and came through the same youth setup) who could have a word.

Just now, bluebruce said:

I don't know if you were being sarcastic, but I don't remember Jason Lowe being linked with any moves at all, let alone for 5 million? There was a distinct lack of interest in him despite how a small handful of fans used to praise him. Glad nobody lauds him anymore. That small handful were probably the type that have to defend absolutely everything the club is doing.

Aye there was paper talk probably from you know who working for his buddies but 5m rated was the figure although I forget who the supposed interest was from.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Aye there was paper talk probably from you know who working for his buddies but 5m rated was the figure although I forget who the supposed interest was from.

That's hilarious. I wouldn't want 5 million Jason Lowes for that price, let alone just the one. I'd wish it had been true and happened...although I'm sure we'd face criminal action for that level of daylight robbery.

I'm curious that nobody has commented on the Jack Payne link I posted. Probably need to save their energy for another Brereton debate.

• Like 1

Just now, blue_n_white99 said:

Anybody seen Tomas Kalas play, looks like he's leaving Chelsea and could go back to Bristol City where he was on loan.  I have no idea what he would cost, or how good he is.

Sound player at this level, would walk into our team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeHarvey said:

No evidence of that whatsoever. It was a Magloire header which set up the penalty against Wigan in that game he played at Ewood.

Magloire is a 20 year old centre-back who captains the 6th best youth side in the country, what makes him any worse than Cameron Humphreys-Grant, George Johnston or Julio Pleguezuelo at City, Liverpool and Arsenal? Absolutely nothing. But those three players are seen as amazing prospects because they happen to play for big clubs.

Because you can guarantee if we signed some Manchester United 20 year-old centre-back on loan a lot of people would think, yeah he's a good signing. Not taking into consideration we're an entire league above them at youth level.

He looked like an untested 20 year old centre back who had never played senior football before, as youd expect. He was ok against Wigan but they were awful, and he looked the most fragile of the patched together back 3 we had that night, but against Sheffield Wednesday he was bullied essentially.

In regards to the other players youve mentioned, ive seen none of them play, and indeed in senior football after a quick look at their careers I suspect you cant have done either!

And I disagree, I thinks its universal and common consensus that we need a centre back with experience to come in. Its no inferiority complex towards our own youngsters, a totally untested kid from elsewhere would not be welcomed as the answer to our defensive issues.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

That's hilarious. I wouldn't want 5 million Jason Lowes for that price, let alone just the one. I'd wish it had been true and happened...although I'm sure we'd face criminal action for that level of daylight robbery.

I'm curious that nobody has commented on the Jack Payne link I posted. Probably need to save their energy for another Brereton debate.

Was plenty of debate about Payne a few pages before you posted your link. 

Mowbray in good players cost money shock!

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17732435.mowbray-on-where-rovers-stand-in-terms-of-transfer-deals/

He also hints at players leaving to start the ball rolling. Wonder if we will have to make a sale before we can buy?

Is he playing his cards close to his chest or is their no money for new transfers without losing Dack or Lenihan? (Can’t think of another player who would be of interest to other clubs unless Nyambe has turned heads now that he is a full international).

Just now, JacknOry said:

Was plenty of debate about Payne a few pages before you posted your link. 

Ah thanks. I just didn't want to read that far back really, imagining it to be the usual. I retract my remark.

Joe Day, the Newport keeper voted the best in league two and who looked really good in the playoffs has been snapped up by Cardiff. Him and Vaulks both gone there, both players who were mentioned on here. 

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

You are correct and think it was west brom.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Mowbray in good players cost money shock!

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17732435.mowbray-on-where-rovers-stand-in-terms-of-transfer-deals/

He also hints at players leaving to start the ball rolling. Wonder if we will have to make a sale before we can buy?

Is he playing his cards close to his chest or is their no money for new transfers without losing Dack or Lenihan? (Can’t think of another player who would be of interest to other clubs unless Nyambe has turned heads now that he is a full international).

My expectation is that the money men, having agreed to no sales in the last two windows, are now hoping or expecting a sale or two to keep things ticking over. Naturally we then look at who out of our bunch would attract serious interest and cash and we're down to a couple.

The cornerstone of Mowbray's tenure as manager has been an obsession with increasing player values ahead of hypothetical future sales. It is clear that is the vision he has sold to the owners or they have instructed him to follow. 

Some might say that's a good policy to have, and I agree insofar as recruiting sensibly and ensuring value in the squad, but not if that comes before getting the best players for the job or development of assets comes before results on the pitch. 

It wouldn't surprise me if Mowbray had gone to India hoping for a pat on the back and a chequebook to build again only to meet owners reluctant to stump up another 5 or 10 million without a sale or two to plug the shortfall over the last few years.

They'll be expecting a sale or two sooner or later to offset their losses, so why wouldn't it be this summer?

Mowbray isn't going to kick up a fuss because he's in a good position on a good number so will do as instructed from above.

• Like 1

Just now, tonygreenbank said:

Just a little surprised that Downing hasn’t gone to Austria to get familiar with his new teammates.

Also, Mulgrew, Evans, Nyambe, Liuetweiler, Williams and Samuel haven’t travelled for various reasons.

He had personal committments apparently, constable.

All the others bar, samuel, had extended leave due to them playing internationally in the summer. Samuel isnt ready after a bad injury.

Edited by AAK

Assombalonga, Downing, McNair, Chapman, Smallwood, Adam Clayton. Players Mowbray has signed or we have been strongly linked too... He quacking loves Middlesbrough doesn't he!!

Is there anyone else at Boro who we can want? Gestede? Flint? Ayala? Friend? Randolph? 

Think bigger Tony!

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Assombalonga, Downing, McNair, Chapman, Smallwood, Adam Clayton. Players Mowbray has signed or we have been strongly linked too... He quacking loves Middlesbrough doesn't he!!

Is there anyone else at Boro who we can want? Gestede? Flint? Ayala? Friend? Randolph? 

Think bigger Tony!

They must sit in a circle and all talk about their time at his beloved boro. While all wearing boro tops and scarves. Cmon Tony we are Blackburn and we have our own identity, stop trying to make us boro B

• Like 1

Just now, tonygreenbank said:

Just a little surprised that Downing hasn’t gone to Austria to get familiar with his new teammates.

Also, Mulgrew, Evans, Nyambe, Liuetweiler, Williams and Samuel haven’t travelled for various reasons.

The lesser spotted Gladwin was not mentioned. I know he is injured but not even a word about him.