BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Torgeir said:

That's because he's been in the job a long time and by now he's cottoned on at Rovers if you tell fans what you think they want to hear they jump through hoops. If you don't carry in through whether you meant to or not it's fine because the general feeling will be blame the owners. They are thousands of miles away and won't hear it and don't give a toss anyway so you are able to just plod on.

• Like 1

Just now, Torgeir said:

I recall reading that when it was published.

I've now bookmarked it to revisit after this window and see how Tony the Builder is getting on.

I doubt that the footings will be done, hoping to be wrong.

1 hour ago, Vinjay17 said:

...and who was that? Thenodrog? Lowe has absolutely zero to offer as a spectator attraction. He's about as appealing to watch as a marathon of mass euthanasia documentaries. Everywhere he goes misery isn't far away.

I don't remember who, Vinjay, I'm not Rain Man. It definitely happened, I had some very annoying arguments with a few. As I said, small handful. It was astonishing that there were any though.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I recall reading that when it was published.

I've now bookmarked it to revisit after this window and see how Tony the Builder is getting on.

I doubt that the footings will be done, hoping to be wrong.

It always seems to take months to get out of the ground eh? 

7 hours ago, Stuart said:

Doubtful but let’s see if you are right or me by signing a better defender than Mulgrew.

I hope you are right and I’m wrong.

So do I. 

Though it's clearly been in the media, and therefore doesn't count as the potential defender I'm referring to, would you put Hanley in the category of "better than Mulgrew"? 

6 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

So do I. 

Though it's clearly been in the media, and therefore doesn't count as the potential defender I'm referring to, would you put Hanley in the category of "better than Mulgrew"? 

Tough question. Probably - in terms of our-and-out defending - but only because Mulgrew’s legs have gone.

However, Mulgrew contributes so much from set pieces.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Mowbray speaks with forked tongue. He should be reminded of previous articles by his media team before each interview he does. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, blue_n_white99 said:

Only in your mind, positive I didn't mention Mowbray.

No ... Just generalising the feeling on these boards because we missed out on Bauer ?

10 minutes ago, philipl said:

I only want a proven commanding centre half and I don't care if the entire transfer budget goes on one player.

Bell or Williams are far from good enough at LB, our CM isn’t good enough and we cannot be reliant on Graham. That’s not to mention that we regularly play strikers out wide. A commanding CB has to be number one priority but Mowbray can’t do a ‘Brereton’ this time round with the budget. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Bell or Williams are far from good enough at LB, our CM isn’t good enough and we cannot be reliant on Graham. That’s not to mention that we play strikers out wide. A commanding CB has to be number one priority but Mowbray can’t do a ‘Brereton’ this time round with the budget. 

If Tony agrees with you.....I think he likes  Bell and I expect him to play more next season 

Left CB is our glaring need, followed (IMO) by a midfield partner for Travis.

I know we all have our wish lists and areas we think we can improve but we can't buy an upgrade at GK, RB, CB, LB ,CM, RW and CF all in one go. Look at Fulham spending £100m+ and their team losing everything as a consequence.

Rovers need a quality CB ASAP and a quality CM this window. The rest can be assessed as we go with maybe a loan or deadline day purchase. There is no sense spoiling our budget elsewhere before those two positions are sorted.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 1

• Backroom
10 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I don't remember who, Vinjay, I'm not Rain Man. It definitely happened, I had some very annoying arguments with a few. As I said, small handful. It was astonishing that there were any though.

What a dark day this was.

• Like 4

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Left CB is our glaring need, followed (IMO) by a midfield partner for Travis.

I know we all have our wish lists and areas we think we can improve but we can't buy an upgrade at GK, RB, CB, LB ,CM, RW and CF all in one go. Look at Fulham spending £100m+ and their team losing everything as a consequence.

Rovers need a quality CB ASAP and a quality CM this window. The rest can be assessed as we go with maybe a loan or deadline day purchase. There is no sense spoiling our budget elsewhere before those two positions are sorted.

We can buy all those players if we want to. That's 7 new arrivals and we've already let 3 go from last season and should be looking to offload another two or three like Smallwood. 

We got Dack for less than a million whilst spending 7 million on Brereton so good business can be done. 

The trouble is we don't seem to have any serious desire to improve on those already here. All the talk at the moment appears to be around padding out the squad, filling gaps rather than getting rid of some and getting better ones in.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

What a dark day this was.

If the appointment of Coyle didn't confirm relegation in itself that above just about rubber stamped it, what an amateur outfit we'd become.

As expected the link to a young midfielder on loan from a Premier League club's academy appears.

Cheap, easy, low risk and short term. Ticks all the boxes. 

Liverpool more than happy to send him here for a season so he can play Championship football and it avoids the need for us to commit to a fee or large wages. 

I wouldn't mind if it had ever worked for us but every time we do this it fails and we end up with the same faces in the team. Harper, Palmer, Samuelson, Byrne, Hendrie, Barrow, on it goes yet some get carried away because its Liverpool or City. 

News flash- our u23s are as good as theirs so if we're so keen to bring younger players in why not do it with our own rather than helping another club out?

Just now, JHRover said:

As expected the link to a young midfielder on loan from a Premier League club's academy appears.

Cheap, easy, low risk and short term. Ticks all the boxes. 

Liverpool more than happy to send him here for a season so he can play Championship football and it avoids the need for us to commit to a fee or large wages. 

I wouldn't mind if it had ever worked for us but every time we do this it fails and we end up with the same faces in the team. Harper, Palmer, Samuelson, Byrne, Hendrie, Barrow, on it goes yet some get carried away because its Liverpool or City. 

News flash- our u23s are as good as theirs so if we're so keen to bring younger players in why not do it with our own rather than helping another club out?

Law of averages looking at that list who we ve had must mean we ll get lucky with one player ! 

To be fair only a few success stories in the Championship with loanees ..Mount Tomori and Wilson at Derby being the most fruitful ones on first thoughts..Abrahams at Villa ..?

It's pointless Mowbray signing loan players as he usually sticks them out of position playing on the wing.  When he came in we had Gallagher who he played out wide. Since then he has signed Armstrong on loan and played him wide, Payne played wide, Antonsson played wide, Palmer played wide and Reed played wide. None of those players best position was out on the wing.

• Like 3