BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

20 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Nixon also think that Man Utd wants our target from last summer, John McGinn for 50 mill.

20190630_090519.jpg

Says it all.

No club is getting knocked over in the rush to sign Gallagher.

Said it before, IMO, his development has stalled and he should be filed away in the 'Joe Average' section. 

We have to do much, much better than Gallagher.   Firstly, the guy is not young, he is 24 in a few weeks' time and secondly he should have many more appearances than 100 under his belt having been at it for 6 or 7 years.  He is a one goal in five games man which isn't good enough.

So activity to date:

Raya being sold, Downing signed and Gallagher possibly signing.   Who would have thought defensively we were a shambles for the most part of last season!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

Anyone expecting a 'big fee' by selling Raya to Brentford is mistaken. Brentford don't pay big money or wages for players so I have to say I'm perplexed by this one. I'm not too fussed about losing him but fail to see where there's any serious benefit from our point of view. If we want to strengthen the GK position surely we get rid of Leutwiler and have Raya competing with a new arrival.

And yes, Brentford tend to be very good at picking up players and making them much better so it wouldn't surprise me to see him thrive under better coaching.

Presumably Mowbray's solution to our pitiful defensive record is to sell Raya, bring in someone on a free or loan, make a small profit whilst leaving the defence largely intact. 

Easier and cheaper than upsetting more experienced players who won't attract serious interest from elsewhere.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

See that Man Ure are being linked in the Sunday Press with a £50 move for Mcginn who we were linked with 12 months ago before TM no doubt told him (like Bauer) that he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter and he'd have to dislodge the mighty Corry and Richie. You couldn't make it up.

As far as the rumours concerning us go I'd be gutted if Raya was sold, think he'll turn out to be a top keeper and if he goes he'll no doubt be replaced by an "experienced" keeper like Steele who let's every shot the opposition take in.

I'll also be disappointed if Gallagher comes in. He'll never be better than average imo and I can't for the life of me understand why we want to reunite the strike force that took us down, especially seeing as Graham is now three years older and has one foot planted firmly in the knackers  yard.

I'd rather stick with Brereton (in the correct position) than Gallagher. I think Brereton has raw potential, for me Gallagher doesn't have much about him at all. What you see is what you get with him. Lots of endeavour but not much quality.

What's happened to all the bold talk about scouring Europe for players? Seems we can't sign anyone unless they've played for us before (Hanley, Gallagher) or played for Boro (Downing) plus all the others we've been linked with.

I Agree. Maybe brexit rules put us off? Good cheap players in Scandinavium for sure.

I really hope Brereton gets nod, he is the future. I would  like to see this team:

goalie

Nyambe, Lenihan, new defender,  Bell,

New midfelder, Travis, New midfelder

Dack, Brereton, Rothwell

4-3-3 attacking formation.

Edited by neophox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Undecided on the Raya issue tbh. He's one of the best shot stoppers in the league but a few question marks on other areas. However, how much does a complete keeper come in at these days and who would we even get to replace him? I just KNOW he'd end up with a decent coach and being a world beater if he moved on too which is frustrating. 

I’ll be fuming if he goes wilko

• Like 1

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Who is pushing for the move - Raya or the club ? Or is it just more Nixon rumour mongering ?

Or Brentford and we just aren’t putting up a fight?

Mowbray talks about the sheff united and Norwich model when in reality we are following the Brentford model. Buying Young, developing and selling high, feeding ambitious clubs our talent that we have persevered with through there development, whilst surviving in the championship and floating around mid table obscurity.

if we are selling our young talent to Brentford that just indicates what kind of a non progressive backward club we are. 

If we sell Raya and replace with an older keeper what is the likely hood that he is going to be a significant improvement on Raya to justify the sale. 

What model are we following and if we sell him. What is the three year plan he was talking about. Will he replace Raya or will he play leutwiler. Who on a free in our wage structure is worth bringing in as his replacement. Is it the inexperienced 19 yr old from Leeds to go in as first choice or to do a year learning th Mowbray way whilst leutwiler plays.

What message is it sending to dack and Lenihan. What can they believe in to show we are a progressive club. 

I know people think I over react and jump on Mowbray for every little thing but everything he says and what actually happens really concerns me. Now is the time to kick on. Two or three shrewd signings and we can really challenge for those play off places. Instead I see a regression happening and don't believe in what ever it is tony is trying to do. I'm not even sure he knows 

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, neophox said:

I really hope Brereton gets nod, he is the future. I would  like to see this team:

goalie

Nyambe, Lenihan, new defender,  Bell,

New midfelder, Travis, New midfelder

Dack, Brereton, Rothwell

4-3-3 attacking formation.

Where does our actual, real, new midfielder ( Downing ) fit into that line up ? Play Dack out wide and you're playing to his weaknesses not his strengths.

• Like 1

Raya has been handled badly along. He was never ready to be No 1 keeper when he was. He should have been eased into the job as understudy to a real No1 with years of experience.

I fear that, if transferred, he will come good somewhere else.

We will get a low fee, Brentford will get a big one.

• Like 5

My thoughts:

Keep Raya. We can have an expensive development project such as Bereton but not keep Raya. Seems odd to me. Contradictory even. 

Put it this way how much would a keeper currently as good as or better cost? Also given Raya's undoubted potential can we afford to let someone with such potential go? How much will be be worth in a couple of years with improvements? I'm not certain on the calculations but I'm very confident that if Raya fulfils some.of his potential we'll never be able to afford that quality. 

Also anyone thinking our bad defending is down to just our keeper is deluded. Bennett at RB, Mulgrew and any left back would be in line to be replaced before Raya imo, but that would mean upsetting the lads so can't see TM doing it. 

Gallagher- pleased with link. Thought he was good when with us and less risky because known. Am worried about the trend though that TM generally only goes for players he knows. That said I think in this case it'd be a good addition. 

• Like 5

Id be happy to sign Gallagher as long as he is played in the graham role and the team around him is set up to play to his strengths. He is a far better player than Brereton and has bags of potential. However , where would this leave or development project. 

Gallagher is the kind of signing we should be making whilst we still have a fit and in form graham to give him his year of Mowbray bedding in and be ready to step up as a smooth transition as graham steps back to back him up before leaving. This is what city do. As time goes on you ease out the old, your potential develops without hindering the first team and we slowly improve on the pitch and our assets grow value so if we sell a player we can improve the first 11 with ready made quality in more than one area. 

We are never signing the likes of assombalonga so the next best options are the Sam gallaghers of the world.

i believed that was what tony Was aiming to do. But to sell Raya or not improve the defence with the finances available and handing out contracts to glad win and co then I would love to know what his long term goals are because it isn't " bouncing through the leagues " with that defence

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Id be happy to sign Gallagher as long as he is played in the graham role and the team around him is set up to play to his strengths. He is a far better player than Brereton and has bags of potential. However , where would this leave or development project. 

Gallagher is the kind of signing we should be making whilst we still have a fit and in form graham to give him his year of Mowbray bedding in and be ready to step up as a smooth transition as graham steps back to back him up before leaving. This is what city do. As time goes on you ease out the old, your potential develops without hindering the first team and we slowly improve on the pitch and our assets grow value so if we sell a player we can improve the first 11 with ready made quality in more than one area. 

We are never signing the likes of assombalonga so the next best options are the Sam gallaghers of the world.

i believed that was what tony Was aiming to do. But to sell Raya or not improve the defence with the finances available and handing out contracts to glad win and co then I would love to know what his long term goals are because it isn't " bouncing through the leagues " with that defence

I agree with you that Gallagher would bring more to the table than Brererton and he's more likely to fulfill the Graham role in the future but I don't honestly think he's the answer to our central striker problems. He's another one who lacks physicality and aggression. If we could give him some of what Big Sam gave Kevin Davies it might be another story.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree with you that Gallagher would bring more to the table than Brererton and he's more likely to fulfill the Graham role in the future but I don't honestly think he's the answer to our central striker problems. He's another one who lacks physicality and aggression. If we could give him some of what Big Sam gave Kevin Davies it might be another story.

I totally get what your saying but in the context of Tony's transfer habits I think Gallagher is the best we could hope for

also I agree about his physicality and agression but his desire, energy, endless running and closing down would be a great asset in seeing games out and keepin the ball higher up the pitch. Something I critised brereron for not doing and should be the bare minimum of a young striker. Gallagher is also a far better finisher. 

But no he isn't the answer to our target man, hold up play and linking the midfield but if tony is serious about playing retention football then he could be a better option than graham. Sadly i don't think we have the quality in the players around him to play this way and we will soon be reliant on graham again to do what he does so well

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

See that Man Ure are being linked in the Sunday Press with a £50 move for Mcginn who we were linked with 12 months ago before TM no doubt told him (like Bauer) that he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter and he'd have to dislodge the mighty Corry and Richie. You couldn't make it up.

As far as the rumours concerning us go I'd be gutted if Raya was sold, think he'll turn out to be a top keeper and if he goes he'll no doubt be replaced by an "experienced" keeper like Steele who let's every shot the opposition take in.

I'll also be disappointed if Gallagher comes in. He'll never be better than average imo and I can't for the life of me understand why we want to reunite the strike force that took us down, especially seeing as Graham is now three years older and has one foot planted firmly in the knackers  yard.

I'd rather stick with Brereton (in the correct position) than Gallagher. I think Brereton has raw potential, for me Gallagher doesn't have much about him at all. What you see is what you get with him. Lots of endeavour but not much quality.

What's happened to all the bold talk about scouring Europe for players? Seems we can't sign anyone unless they've played for us before (Hanley, Gallagher) or played for Boro (Downing) plus all the others we've been linked with.

Well, you just did.

If anyone thinks that Villa weren’t a far more attractive proposition than us last season then they are kidding themselves.

Agree 100% with everything else though - would hate to lose Raya, and I really don’t get the clamour for Gallagher. Unless he’s improved a fair bit in Saints u23s

• Like 4

The European scouting network will take time to set up and deliver results so I wouldn't be expecting too much of that nor would you want them running around bringing in players via that straight away just to try and justify it.  There is some gems out there but there is also a lot of real rubbish who'll never suit the English Championship or settle in Blackburn.

Besides I think a lot of it is just the usual window dressing.

• Like 1

GALLAGHER TO BLACKBURN?

Blackburn are in talks with Southampton over a permanent deal for Sam Gallagher, Sky Sports News understands.

However, there are other Championship clubs showing strong interest in the 23-year-old forward.

Sky Sports News revealed in May that the academy graduate would be allowed to leave the Saints permanently following a number of loans, which included Blackburn during 2017-18.

Gallagher, who has two years remaining on his current contract, featured only six times for Southampton last season.

Edited by Tugayisgod

Lets just remind ourselves Gallagher is under a Rovers friendly agent so along with being here once before he gets purposely linked in every window probably to try and drum up interest and a good deal for Saints loan or otherwise.

I quite like him but would prefer a loan to buy or very reasonable fee and wages of about half those quoted which would make it a good deal for us.  However I worry on that score especially when you look at the Brereton deal and the my first point - the agent.

Firstly I have to point out that I respect others opinions on this forum and I have not despite some suggestion slated members off on a persistent basis.

Secondly, there is a lot more going on behind the scenes at Ewood than anyone on here will ever know and on that basis TM and co SHOULD be given due credit and that includes Waggott who IMo has done ever so well after what’s gone before in the past 8 years or so.

Thirdly, it’s all fair and well being critical however some of it borders on rancid persistent rubbish and speculation, it’s this bit that bores the pants off readers on this forum and when one highlights this they are instantly set about!

Fourthly, discussion is all fair and well, but for it to be a progressive conversation or exchange of views, there has to be some element or basis of truth BUtT the fact remains, in particular to this thread, there hasn’t been one shred of evidence to back up the speculative theories!

There have been some wonderful contributors in these forums over the year but who no longer participate and that’s a shame. Whether they are barred, banned, suspended or whatever, the fact remains they are no longer here because of the abuse dished out. 

If there is any business being conducted at Rovers then I would suggest waiting for the club to announce it before over reacting to social media outburst and the daily fail news!

Other than that have a great Sunday, 3 weeks u TIL a day out at Ibrox???

• Like 9

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Firstly I have to point out that I respect others opinions on this forum and I have not despite some suggestion slated members off on a persistent basis.

Secondly, there is a lot more going on behind the scenes at Ewood than anyone on here will ever know and on that basis TM and co SHOULD be given due credit and that includes Waggott who IMo has done ever so well after what’s gone before in the past 8 years or so.

Thirdly, it’s all fair and well being critical however some of it borders on rancid persistent rubbish and speculation, it’s this bit that bores the pants off readers on this forum and when one highlights this they are instantly set about!

Fourthly, discussion is all fair and well, but for it to be a progressive conversation or exchange of views, there has to be some element or basis of truth BUtT the fact remains, in particular to this thread, there hasn’t been one shred of evidence to back up the speculative theories!

There have been some wonderful contributors in these forums over the year but who no longer participate and that’s a shame. Whether they are barred, banned, suspended or whatever, the fact remains they are no longer here because of the abuse dished out. 

If there is any business being conducted at Rovers then I would suggest waiting for the club to announce it before over reacting to social media outburst and the daily fail news!

Well said ?

Just now, 1864roverite said:

I really don't know why you come on here then. People have different views, that's the way of the world and nobody should take it to heart. Its no different than sat watching a game and listening to comments around you. Some you agree with and some you don't. As far as transfer speculation goes all there is to go on is  snippets in the media and in the fullness of time we'll know how true they are.

• Like 2