BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

You mean for your record Stuart?

The furore I mentioned doesn’t say it’s about this message board does it? If you have a look at a number of SMedia sites there is imo of course a furore about Adam training with us. I will accept though it’s about how one define furore ???

21 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Oh the furore regarding Charlie Adam!

To get out of this league a club needs an experienced hand to help.

We have had 2 examples in recent years.

Gordon Cowans - an old ageing pro played a part at our club bringing skill, nouse and most importantly balance and know how. Wasn’t the fastest but was a success.

Kevin Moran - need I say more?

Tony Gale - oldest freebie signing ever? Brought quality, know how and balance to help the younger players succeed.

There are other examples, Mick Duxbury, Frank Stapleton, Archibald, Ardiles. Granted not everyone a roaring success but you get the picture.

So for me Adam is more defensively aware than Evans or Smallwood, he has more attacking verve, football ability and know how than the midfield put together and IMO would be a fantastic model for the younger element such as Travis. He isn’t going to cost the earth so why not if he is fit and mobile?

We have seen how good he can be, and I accept he has a nasty side to him as well but isn’t that something Rovers have lacked since Toddy was at the club? A player with fight, balls and creativity to boot?

Thats my view

You forgot the ultimate golden oldie. Tugay!

Just now, 1864roverite said:

You mean for your record Stuart?

The furore I mentioned doesn’t say it’s about this message board does it? If you have a look at a number of SMedia sites there is imo of course a furore about Adam training with us. I will accept though it’s about how one define furore ???

Why are you posting about other social media platforms’ reactions on here? Why not post on there?

You just love to play the wind up merchant. There used to be a rule about that sort of thing on here.

Maybe you think Adam would be a good signing, given that you’ve tried to compare him to Cowans or Moran (have a word with yourself). I don’t (for the record).

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Why are you posting about other social media platforms’ reactions on here? Why not post on there?

You just love to play the wind up merchant. There used to be a rule about that sort of thing on here.

Maybe you think Adam would be a good signing, given that you’ve tried to compare him to Cowans or Moran (have a word with yourself). I don’t (for the record).

Who says I haven’t Stuart?

Some bang on about opinions and not accepting them? Irony ? Of course it is.

Wind up? There’s no wind up from me it’s an observation, iirc the advice would be to keep on scrolling.

Dont need to chat to myself about my own view but how’s about your comment about being a wind up and a rule breaker?

6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

This from the bloke who was posting Preston fan's twitter reaction's to the Bauer signing ?

• Like 1

Just now, deryck guyler's spoon said:

This from the bloke who was posting Preston fan's twitter reaction's to the Bauer signing ?

Good to see you still don’t miss a chance to put your foot in your mouth in your haste to get one over on me. :tu: 

• Like 1

Just now, Ricky said:

Michael Morrison would be one that we should be all over.

Heard he was off to Derby but with Frank set to leave.........................

Just now, Mercer said:

Heard he was off to Derby but with Frank set to leave.........................

I did assume he would have somewhere lined up but like you said he may have second thoughts if they are changing manager.

I’ll provide a bit of furore.

Charlie Adam has been crap for years. He was never fit when he was in his early 20s. The man looks at least fifty years old.

I reckon it would be an horrendous signing.

Luckily I 100% believe it’s just a Nixon bit of mischief making as Adam is using our facilities.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 4

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Charlie Adam has been crap for years. He was never fit when he was in his early 20s. The man looks at least fifty years old.

Luckily I 100% believe it’s just a Nixon bit of mischief making as Adam is using our facilities.

Well said that man.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I like watching Charlie play, good to watch a footballer with skills. 

If he was fit I would be quite happy to have him.

He's also a t-wat and we need a few of those.

Adams was a class act some 9/10 years ago.

I think Rovers, at one stage, came very close to signing him from Blackpool and were left arguing over less than £1million.

11 minutes ago, laughatthedingles said:

Looks like Adam is the player ‘whinging he was going on trial at Blackburn’ someone overheard on holiday, can’t seem to find the post now?

How many more times does he want to disrespect our club. Little shyte

Just now, bluebruce said:

I'm mystified as to why people are talking like we are looking to sign Adam when even the original 'source' says he is only here keeping fit.

True but it wouldn't be a surprise if he was looking to impress Mowbray enough to earn a contract.

In any case, I'd be very disappointed if we did sign him. Like Downing, we are just signing other clubs cast offs. Boro and Stoke didn't see the need to keep either Downing or Adam and these are clubs who you'd expect to be trying to move forward and compete at the top end of the table, which is where Mowbray tells us we are trying to move forward to.