BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

1 hour ago, briansol said:

Forget Bidwell, Rovers should pick up Haitam Aleesami on a free.  His contract just expired with Palermo. Has a good pedigree with Palermo in Serie A/B and regular for the Norwegian national team. Modern left back that can defend and attack. 27 years and wages within our structure. Doubt the scouting team are aware.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitam_Aleesami

And isn't that at the root of things?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

Think this thread does need to get back on track to be honest. 

Wonder if DJ’s promotion to the first team could lead to a few more younger lads going out on loan now he has more of Mowbray’s ear?

Have I missed something? When did he get promoted to the first team? 

Edit: Just seen the news 

Edited by Neal

• Moderation Lead
53 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

Think this thread does need to get back on track to be honest. 

Wonder if DJ’s promotion to the first team could lead to a few more younger lads going out on loan now he has more of Mowbray’s ear?

Amen to that.

Back to the transfers and tolerance of opposing opinions and no name calling.

(Well, allow me to dream!)

• Like 1

Just now, K-Hod said:

Amen to that.

Back to the transfers and tolerance of opposing opinions and no name calling.

(Well, allow me to dream!)

Or I'll press the button and lock the entire thing for a few days. 

Just now, J*B said:

Or I'll press the button and lock the entire thing for a few days. 

You know as soon as that happens we will make a signing... can’t decide whether you should do it or not.

• Like 1

Just now, Miller11 said:

You know as soon as that happens we will make a signing... can’t decide whether you should do it or not.

Then if it does and it’s a big signing for the superstitious there will be demands for regular shut down. While the non superstitious argue with them about it being coincidental 

• Like 1

Just now, Boroblue said:

Then if it does and it’s a big signing for the superstitious there will be demands for regular shut down. While the non superstitious argue with them about it being coincidental 

Boroblue? Sounds like what, Tony would call himself, so come on, Tony are you telling us we are going to spend £7mil on a sub again? 

10 hours ago, Kamy100 said:

While the names being linked at present are not very inspiring, the time to judge is at the end of the window.

As of yesterday there had been 47 transfer (including freebies and loans) and 7 teams who not done any deals yet.  I suspect things will really ramp up now that teams are back in pre-season training.  We do not have the money to compete with teams like even Bristol City who can spend £8 million on a defender, on top of signing players like Da Silva (from Chelsea) and Bentley (from Brentford).  I think what is happening is that the market is inflated at the moment so teams like Rovers are waiting and trying to get some sort of value for money as market usually does calm down (in terms of money demanded) as the deadline approaches as teams have to shift players to peruse their targets that they have.

Bristol City spent £8 Million on a defender after selling Kelly to Bournemouth for £13M and that is on top of selling Flint, Bryan and Reid for a combined of £23m last summer. They have also already turned down £12 Million this window from Villa for Webster and may well still sell him for £15M+ before the window closes. 

Us on the other hand we spent £7 Million on a development project without having to sell a single player to help fund it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So Leicester rejected a £70 million bid from United for Maguire. Football getting crazier by the day. 

Also, do any of you follow Mulgrew on Instagram? he posted a video yesterday of him coming 2nd in the parents race at his kids sports day. 2nd to......Paul Gallagher ?

If Maguire was Irish you would be calling him the next beckenbauer

Just now, roverandout said:

If Maguire was Irish you would be calling him the next beckenbauer

Whilst 70m is outrageous for Maguire, it's about the going rate I'd say. It would be a disastrous move for him though IMO, his mistakes would be highlighted a lot more when playing for United, they get brushed under the carpet a bit more by the more lenient Leicester support.

3 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Whilst 70m is outrageous for Maguire, it's about the going rate I'd say. It would be a disastrous move for him though IMO, his mistakes would be highlighted a lot more when playing for United, they get brushed under the carpet a bit more by the more lenient Leicester support.

Magala 43 million city paid years ago has been let go to go back to Porto? 70 million for England’s number one CB? Surely in the craziness of a crazy market it’s not bad.

Transfer fees have only gone up as it’s the wages multiplied over contract length producing the value before profit meaning the amortisation costs are far larger for the seller club.

bublle will burst soon

• Like 2

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Magala 43 million city paid years ago has been let go to go back to Porto? 70 million for England’s number one CB? Surely in the craziness of a crazy market it’s not bad.

Transfer fees have only gone up as it’s the wages multiplied over contract length producing the value before profit meaning the amortisation costs are far larger for the seller club.

bublle will burst soon

Not suprised by Mangala, couldn't handle our U23 attackers when Rovers beat City 3-1 in March. Not that many could, second half of the season they played some wonderful stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, Scotland1 said:

I presume its only me who doesn't understand a word of that

Just now, gumboots said:

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

You are not alone :rover:

Ok a 10 million player on a four year contract has his transfer value based on 2.5 million a year so if he leaves after 2 years transfer wise the seller needs to recoup 5 million on fees alone to break even or it’s a loss as it’s not amortised or met the the spread of cost.

Im under the impression this also happens will salaries so a 1 million per annum player on a four year deal is a commitment of 4 million. If this player leaves after a two year deal and 2 million for 500k per annum with another club then the seller has to match that 1 million loss over the period of his initial contract length I.e the legendary onerous payments to the likes of Etuhu, Nelsen etc. That’s why the payoffs usually look to lower the long term liability.

Now if it goes the other way the player signing a 1 million deal for four years gets a move to Man Utd at 2 million a year and doesn’t request the transfer the seller usually splits a profit on the money they’d owe the player and the liability of the contract value they signed. Hence the loyalty fee! Bigger the salary initially the bigger the spread the bigger the loyalty fee and the bigger the seller needs to recoup

@RoverCanada is probably the best at explaining!

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Basically - a 2million pound deal might sound cheap on the basis the lad you’re signing is decent, but if he’s on 2m a year or 40k per week, and the club selling don’t want to honour his 3/4 years costing 6/8m + NI/tax etc - you’ll likely take a reduced fee to save long term running costs! 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Biz said:

Basically - a 2million pound deal might sound cheap on the basis the lad you’re signing is decent, but if he’s on 2m a year or 40k per week, and the club selling don’t want to honour his 3/4 years costing 6/8m + NI/tax etc - you’ll likely take a reduced fee to save long term running costs! 

Nutshell ?

15 minutes ago, Biz said:

Thanks. That I can understand.

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

?Don’t forget the flex 

People like to joke about “flex” but it’s just a standard operating model for investment.

If the running costs are high, the startup costs will reflect that. If the running cost is low, the business can afford to put more into capital or the startup.

People constantly hark on about BB being a waste of “7m” but in hindsight, that long term contract would’ve probably cost more than the fee alone had we signed a 27 year old Danny Graham!

The mere fact he is 19 and not yet established probably allowed us to put 2m in a guaranteed promotion fee, or 24 months instalments etc. If we’d signed Celina from City from his “basic” wage, (at a club where the average is nearly 100kpw) there is no way our turnover could support fee AND wages.

I must be mad to be going over this again tbf but you know, we’re all a bit f**ed :) 

• Like 1

I'm not sure how anyone is acting as if what's happening right now isn't a complete total farce. Everyone associated with the club understood perfectly that we need 5-6 new players, a brand new defense, and all TM can do is stand there with his hands in his pockets mumbling "Well there I suppose it's a hard job bringing people in." Well it's your job. If you can't, move on and let someone else try. If Venkys are stopping you, be a man like Benitez and tell it how it is. We are less than 4 weeks away from kickoff and we have improved nothing.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Scotland1 said:

Nutshell ?

Transfers in the championship are particularly difficult because the gap in quality/level between the lower reaches of the main division and top of the second is probably only marginal.

However the average wage and turnover gap is vast. That means you’re either overspending and breaking FFP in the championship to get through it, or developing a few players and squad from the proceeds of selling other developed or cheaply acquired talent.

Edited by Biz
  • Like 1