BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Mattyblue said:

It was baseless, because there was nothing remotely in his game that said he could step up to top half of the Championship... as just proven.

He played 20 something games in the Championship in Huddersfields promotion season.  Not sure what happened him after that because his career has been on a pretty sharp downward trajectory. I am surprised he has ended up in League 2 though. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

2 hours ago, Biz said:

That’s the whole point of the links thread 

No the links is another matter. If we sign someone or actually look like we might then people want to discuss it, give their opinions and so on so you need a discussion area so people can speculate around it, but the thread opens so early that everyone is bitching and bickering and almost none of this thread is about transfers

Edited by gumboots

Just now, gumboots said:

No the links is another matter. If we sign someone or actually look like we might then people want to discuss it, give their opinions and so on so you need a discussion area so people can speculate around it, but the thread opens so early that everyone is bitching and bickering and almost none of this thread is about gransfers

Gransfers? Have we been linked with Rooney now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

It was baseless, because there was nothing remotely in his game that said he could step up to top half of the Championship... as just proven.

So he didn’t help Huddersfield get promoted then no?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

What’s that got to do with what we saw at Ewood?

You said there was nothing in his game for a top half side but yet got promoted with Huddersfield ??

Edited by OssyLad

Big Dogg said a few people wanted him because of what they saw in a Rovers shirt.

He offered very little and couldn’t get in our third division side. What he did three years ago at Huddersfield doesn’t come into it.

Not that it matters as we obviously weren’t interested in him, and quite right too.

Edited by Mattyblue

On 02/07/2019 at 22:56, roversfan99 said:

The likes of Bauer, Barbet, Lindsay, Bidwell and Pinnock would have all improved our defence but have all gone to rivals...

This is ticking me off. I really, really hope we have some warriors lined up.

41 minutes ago, gumboots said:

No the links is another matter. If we sign someone or actually look like we might then people want to discuss it, give their opinions and so on so you need a discussion area so people can speculate around it, but the thread opens so early that everyone is bitching and bickering and almost none of this thread is about transfers

Do you not prefer the absence of rumour? I personally do.

Id say the fact no real news story link has been published for 2 weeks suggests why this thread has deviated.

Either way - if you sign in and the main content is bickering about something different - there’s probably no transfer news!

3 minutes ago, Biz said:

Do you not prefer the absence of rumour? I personally do.

Id say the fact no real news story link has been published for 2 weeks suggests why this thread has deviated.

Either way - if you sign in and the main content is bickering about something different - there’s probably no transfer news!

Depends. If absence of rumour is because , like a duck, its all going on under the surface, well and good.

However, if its because bugger all's happening then its not good.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

You said there was nothing in his game for a top half side but yet got promoted with Huddersfield ??

He only started 10 games to be fair.

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

If we sign someone they usually get their own thread.

If we look like signing someone then people provide speculative opinions - which results in complaints.

The transfer thread is like this every window. If people don’t like it they simple don’t need to click into the thread. Just mark it as read and move of with life.

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

Depends. If absence of rumour is because , like a duck, its all going on under the surface, well and good.

However, if its because bugger all's happening then its not good.

Isn't it arrogant to assume that we know the full story due to rumour/newsflash? 

Just now, Biz said:

Isn't it arrogant to assume that we know the full story due to rumour/newsflash? 

No good for a message board, I know, but I preferred Rovers doing their business quietly and below the publicity line. No announcements until business was done etc.

However, I do worry, when we hear nothing and then the window closes lol...

Unlike some, I have enjoyed following this thread!

• Like 6

Just now, Biz said:

Arrogant? Bit OTT. People can only go on what they read and hear. i guess the answer is---"don't necessarily believe everything you read."

That was my  reaction when Tony said he was going to improve the defence.

So I guess I'm not arrogant! :)