BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, neophox said:

Assombalonga wants out from Boro and Mowbray wanted him last window. 

so you dont know if we want him now then? do you do this all the time?  your first post - rovers want assombalonga  i read it as this is new interest in him

• Like 1

Just now, neophox said:

Assombalonga wants out from Boro and Mowbray wanted him last window. 

Mowbray might want him but unless there has been a major change in for much wages we are willing to pay then no chance it will happen.He will be on 30k+ a week at boro

Just now, neophox said:

Rovers will try for Assombalonga ahead of Gallagher. Proven goalscorer that would hopefully help us closer to at least the Play-offs and, hopefully, promotion.

Ideally coinciding with the Dingles' relegation.

Suggested amendment, neophox. Hope you approve.

Signing someone who's a proven scorer at this level will help, but without improvements at the back, . . .

• Like 3

Just now, islander200 said:

Mowbray might want him but unless there has been a major change in for much wages we are willing to pay then no chance it will happen.He will be on 30k+ a week at boro

It would be hilarious if we signed Assombalonga.

• Like 1

Just now, neophox said:

Rovers will try for Assombalonga ahead of Gallagher. Proven goalscorer that would take us up.

If that happens to be true and we somehow happen to pull it off. Then I think everyone could agree that's a game changer. Excellent signing and a good age.

My only worry is would the price interfere with sorting the real problem out (defence). Or are we going to see these once a summer "marquee"* signings as an added bonus? We can dream huh.

*I'm classing Brereton in that bracket since we spunked £7m on the lad. Despite his limited return so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Brentford have made an approach for a goalkeeper at Leicester Iverson, sky reporting that they see him as an alternative to Raya, as we want 4 million whilst they are reluctant to pay any more than 3

I for one am very happy to keep Raya. He would be a player (like Cairney) who we would regret losing so hastily. Get behind the lad and improve his defense and FFS his coaching.

Surprised we only want £4m to be honest. I'd have said £6m plus future add ons as an opening. 

Just now, neophox said:

Rovers will try for Assombalonga ahead of Gallagher. Proven goalscorer that would take us up.

Ironically, Assombalonga is probably one of the few Boro players I'd be happy (thrilled) with! Much better option than Gallacher who is too much in the (potential) Brereton mould. 

Though the only position that has any chance of "taking us up" is a CB.

• Like 2

Just now, neophox said:

Had we wanted Gallagher he would have been signed by now.

OK so are you saying you've heard that we ARE in for Assombalonga, which your first post strongly implied, or are you adding a few things together to assume we will be in for him, which most of your subsequent posts implied?

• Moderation Lead
Just now, neophox said:

yes a central defender needed but does Mulgrew and Williams, Both Internationals accept being outside the eleven?

things will move in coming days.

I hope you’re right, for your sake. 

Ask Madon...

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

Just now, danger19_80 said:

Price quoted in the press for Assombalonga is £15m. Boro under no pressure to sell. Can't see it.

Thats alot. But who will pay that?

Edited by neophox

Just now, J*B said:

I can't deal with another Assombalonga window. 

Just texted a good friend that tends to know about this sort of thing... direct response below:

Rovers transfer policy is chaos.

They have lost control and now going back to targets they considered last year.

Mowbray wanted to stay calm and wait until deadline day to get his #1 targets but Venky's are panicking and saying that money needs to be spent ASAP to avoid not getting players on deadline day.

Assombalonga one of many being contacted.

• Like 1