BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

I don’t think Venky’s are saying go and splash ridiculous amounts of money but more like you have an agreed budget (just like last summer) and you had a plan to spend it which didn’t work out and we were left scrabbling around on deadline day so they want to avoid that by getting business done asap, whereas Mowbray/Waggott seems to want to wait in the hope that as deadline day approaches the market becomes more realistic and we get some value for money. 

• Like 5

Johnson and Travis would be a good pairing. Doesn’t change the fact we should be bringing two defenders in before anything else and with Derby just losing there manager I can’t see any deal for Johnson happening anytime soon. We’ll see.

Are we afraid of signing players from other continents? At least the ones who dont need to worry about work permits. Because bloody hell, its just Irish, Scottish, and Boro Players we linked with or signing 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Nixon now reporting Johnson.

He’s just been logged in, I take it?

and their local journo!

Edited by Biz

3 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

I don’t think Venky’s are saying go and splash ridiculous amounts of money but more like you have an agreed budget (just like last summer) and you had a plan to spend it which didn’t work out and we were left scrabbling around on deadline day so they want to avoid that by getting business done asap, whereas Mowbray/Waggott seems to want to wait in the hope that as deadline day approaches the market becomes more realistic and we get some value for money. 

More like he's waiting till deadline day to claim 'oh we tried to get these players but it didn't quite work out' so he can stick to his favourite, incompetent lapdog players

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Johnson would be a pretty good signing and would give us some leadership but hes not the best passer in the world so not sure he fits in with this supposed passing football Mowbray wants to move towards.

We wouldn't get very far in this division with 2 fancy dans in the engine room. I am sure he can pass it well enough to get it to the front 5. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We wouldn't get very far in this division with 2 fancy dans in the engine room. I am sure he can pass it well enough to get it to the front 5. 

We don't have one fancy dan in the engine room yet? Who are you thinking of?

• Like 1