BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Bradley Johnson is done  

Club were putting feelers out last night asking about him, his character etc. Opinions were passed and they were told this morning that the deal is done. Only surprise is that it hasn’t been announced today.

Also they expect Buckley, Travis, Davenport and Butterworth to step this season. 

Edit: Smallwood and Evans consigned to the history books by Christmas.

Not done just yet.

Expecting Johnson tomorrow, 2 others interested and also expect to have talks with them

Butterfield, offered to club among other clubs numerous times over summer.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I hope all that comes to pass, plus a CB or 2

Do "they" expect Ben "to step this season"?

Smallwood and Evans consigned to the history books by Christmas - how does that work when they are on wages?

Only spoke about the midfield off the back of Johnson

• Like 1

Just now, alderson777 said:

Not done just yet.

Expecting Johnson tomorrow, 2 others interested and also expect to have talks with them

Butterfield, offered to club among other clubs numerous times over summer.

Pretty sure it is done based on how close this person is to the deal. The context of that convo was that if it wasn’t already done this morning then they might not have done it..if you get me? ?. But the fact that he’s not been announced today suggests you could be right...

If that is true about Evans it's another baffling decision by Mowbray. Why give him a new deal until 2021? I don't disagree with getting rid of him or Smallwood just that he will have unnecessarily had an longer, improved deal.

And Mowbray eulogises about him in this piece.

https://www.irishfa.com/news/2018/december/northern-ireland-midfielder-corry-evans-signs-new-deal-at-blackburn-rovers

15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If that is true about Evans it's another baffling decision by Mowbray. Why give him a new deal until 2021? I don't disagree with getting rid of him or Smallwood just that he will have unnecessarily had an longer, improved deal.

And Mowbray eulogises about him in this piece.

https://www.irishfa.com/news/2018/december/northern-ireland-midfielder-corry-evans-signs-new-deal-at-blackburn-rovers

Maybe a longer deal is worth a slightly bigger transfer fee.

• Like 2

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Interesting in the LT that we haved 'moved on this week' from some targets. Also references patience 'in the corridors of power'.  

Would seem to give some credence to the recent posts about transfer plans being in chaos. 

I bet we've moved on from Sam Gallagher. 

Just now, yellowsubmarine said:

Increased wages would eat up a chunk of what we could get for him. I think if we could get £500k for him it would be great.

14 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Interesting in the LT that we haved 'moved on this week' from some targets. Also references patience 'in the corridors of power'.  

Would seem to give some credence to the recent posts about transfer plans being in chaos. 

A thinly veiled reference to J*B’s ITK tidbit.

Sounds like ’hysterical’ brfcs not too far away from the truth, again...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Can’t see anyone paying money for him, we’ll be lucky to let him go for free without having to contribute to his wages.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Can’t see anyone paying money for him, we’ll be lucky to let him go for free without having to contribute to his wages.

I think there are teams who’d pay a fee for Corry Evans. International player with vast championship experience. 

I also don’t see a problem with him being in and around a squad with the likes of Travis, Buckley, Davenport breaking through. There’s no suggestion either that he got a pay rise. Often in these situations the club offers slightly lesser terms over a longer period to allow room for other wages. Evans at his age would have been the perfect candidate for that type of deal. 

Smallwood was rewarded with a new contract after promotion. Mowbray is loyal but his consistency around changing the way in which we play will begin to phase these guys out. They then have the option of hanging around or moving in.

• Like 1

On 03/07/2019 at 21:31, neophox said:

Only a rumour at this moment in time.

He should of started phasing people out twelve months ago starting with gladwin, Samuel, hart and nuttall

Edit, dont no why it quoted neophobia

8 hours ago, bboy said:

Sorry if covered but I see Duffy is being lined as a maguire replacement if United sign him. Around 30m. Wonder if we included any clauses? 

God almighty. I never thought he was that good anyway. "A replacement for Maguire"----bloody joke. Manu losing its marbles.

What did we get ----£2m? Didn't do a good job there did we?

Just now, 47er said:

But where have we moved to?

Maybe Assombalonga? Would tie in to some of the stuff we’ve been hearing on here about Venkys pushing the expenditure / chaos etc. Links nicely with the LT article about moving on and there was a poster in here who mentioned Assombalonga...hope that’s the case. Would be a huge statement imo 

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

He should of started phasing people out twelve months ago starting with gladwin, Samuel, hart and nuttall

Edit, dont no why it quoted neophobia

My phone obviously having a mad one

just looked up neophobia out of interest and it’s a fear of anything  new and unfamiliar (cough) Tony.

Edited by Oldgregg86

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Maybe Assombalonga? Would tie in to some of the stuff we’ve been hearing on here about Venkys pushing the expenditure / chaos etc. Links nicely with the LT article about moving on and there was a poster in here who mentioned Assombalonga...hope that’s the case. Would be a huge statement imo 

I imagine it will be Gallagher who we have moved on from, I can't help but think that after they signed Adams he would be here now if we wanted him.

Also, it won't be Assombalonga, why his name is still being mentioned is beyond me.

if we've moved away from Gallagher surely it will be wages again? Obviously he must know that he is at a point now where he will have to drop down on wages but perhaps we're lowballing. Anyway, if wages are the issue with Gallagher, there's no chance of getting Assombalonga.

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

Ex Boro player probably or Coventry, West Brom, or someone we played against in league 1.

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

Your guess is as good as mine but if we've moved on from Gallagher I can't see Assombalonga being more realistic. 

Mowbray was very clear in the days following the closure of the January window that Assombalonga's wages were the obstacle.

Unless he's suddenly decided to significantly drop his wages why would we be back in for him?

Just now, JHRover said:

Mowbray was very clear in the days following the closure of the January window that Assombalonga's wages were the obstacle.

Unless he's suddenly decided to significantly drop his wages why would we be back in for him?

The only logical thing would be that in order for us progress, we're going to have to look at advancing our wage structure.

That won't be it though.

• Like 1