BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, laughatthedingles said:

Heard the same thing from 3 separate people - we are planning on bringing in Joe Hart with Forster as plan B. Both can go for free. The hold up in the Raya deal has been getting up front number high enough to give to the replacement as a signing on fee to bring their wage to a level we can tolerate.

So what you're saying is, we want lets say, 1.5 of the 3 mil up front and plan on giving it all to Joe Hart plus lets say 20k per week wages?

• Backroom
Just now, laughatthedingles said:

Heard the same thing from 3 separate people - we are planning on bringing in Joe Hart with Forster as plan B. Both can go for free. The hold up in the Raya deal has been getting up front number high enough to give to the replacement as a signing on fee to bring their wage to a level we can tolerate.

Ynke.gif

• Like 6

Not bothered with Raya leaving, but if it's Joe Hart who comes in, then I wouldn't be happy at all, Burnleys bad run last season coincided with him playing all the games. Forster i would like for sure.

• Like 1

All the links online are of Joe Hart to Arsenal....

That guys career has been on one savage downwards trajectory, arguably moving back up slightly if he comes here after where he was last, but still.

What did the dingles make of him? Ye would know more of them than I 

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

You dont half like twisting things. Quite a lot wanted him out and now 'everyone' is moaning he is leaving. Really? To quote BigCat, fake news on both accounts. Raya's departure has split opinion, you know those things that you don't like when they are different to yours? 

You think what you want, and I’ll say what I see on here.

Cant see any good coming out of Raya leaving. A young home grown (relitively) GK who is arguably the best shot stopper in the league with some obvious flaws to be replaced with likely a free journeyman. 

with decent coaching he could well becomee a Premier league keeper.

• Like 4

Just now, unsall said:

You think what you want, and I’ll say what I see on here.

So everybody is moaning he is being sold? Go back and read the thread again from the moment we knew he was having a medical.

5 minutes ago, frosty said:

I thought Gallagher was alright as well, albeit it's over two years now since he last played for us and haven't watched him since.

If he does sign though what happens to Brereton? Third choice striker - and we only play one up front? Assuming neither him or Gallagher are considered as 'wide forwards', of course.....

Think he will be in the squad,you need 4 strikers for 2 to start, Nuttall defo go on loan.

I'd much prefer Fraser Forster to Joe Hart. Hart strikes me as someone who has lost the plot and spending the last 12 months with that lot wont have helped. Nor should we be doing any direct business with them. They will probably be delighted if we take him off their hands.

Avoid please.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

The lad has been privy to all the training ground work we have done on those corners, which Mulgrew admits is the only reason we score them. He and Brentford should be able to prepare perfectly for them.

Preparation doesn't mean much if you can't execute as found out against Rotherham long throws/deadballs

Just now, JacknOry said:

So everybody is moaning he is being sold? Go back and read the thread again from the moment we knew he was having a medical.

I'm moaning that he's being sold. It seems very 50:50.

So the current strategy is what... Let's sell a 23 year old with bags of potential, fantastic shot stopper who plays behind a porous defense and learns from an unqualified GK coach...  and replace him with a past it GK (Hart) who will swallow up the entire transfer fee in his signing on fee and wages?

Cool.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 3

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

If we are selling Raya to bring in Joe Hart ...............

Jesus Christ we are on for the Brexit 11 

It would be ironic if, after all the talk of sourcing players from the continent, we finished the window with one LESS player from there than before.

Just now, JHRover said:

I'd much prefer Fraser Forster to Joe Hart. Hart strikes me as someone who has lost the plot and spending the last 12 months with that lot wont have helped. Nor should we be doing any direct business with them. They will probably be delighted if we take him off their hands.

Avoid please.

Yup, apart from a five year spell playing in an expensively assembled City team, he has been pants wherever he has been. Would his ego even allow him to drop a league? I wouldnt be comfortable handing over the fee from Raya, a keeper we have developed, for one that is firmly on his way down. The Arsenal links are just David Seaman saying they should buy him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Where is 'everyone moaning' ? That's a gross overstatement.

It's pretty much split over whether we should sell him.

Ok not quite everyone, not just on here but social media in general, it just seems quite a lot saying he shouldn’t have been sold, when not long ago he was getting a bit of stick,but let’s wait for his replacement and hope he’s better. Problem now with Rovers we have to do a bit of wheeling and dealing and ifs that we have to do to improve the team,so be it.

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

I'm moaning that he's being sold. It seems very 50:50.

So the current strategy is what... Let's sell a 23 year old with bags of potential, fantastic shot stopper who plays behind a porous defense and learns from an unqualified GK coach...  and replace him with a past it GK (Hart) who will swallow up the entire transfer fee in his signing on fee and wages?

Cool.

Im on the moaning side too - just trying to point out to this guy that not 'everybody' is moaning. It has split opinion.

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

Im on the moaning side too - just trying to point out to this guy that not 'everybody' is moaning. It has split opinion.

Definetly spilt opinion . 

The thing about Raya is WILL he develop into a great keeper or not . At the moment after last season we really aint in a position to wait and find out . We need to shore that defence up pretty sharpish and unfortunately in most teams it starts with the keeper. Brentford taking a gamble ..and again good luck to the lad. A better defensive display all round last season from everyone and would probably have given him another season here.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

All the links online are of Joe Hart to Arsenal....

That guys career has been on one savage downwards trajectory, arguably moving back up slightly if he comes here after where he was last, but still.

What did the dingles make of him? Ye would know more of them than I 

You'd think he would have become a better keeper at burnley, with growing that extra 6th finger on each hand and so on...

• Like 8

Just now, bluebruce said:

It would be ironic if, after all the talk of sourcing players from the continent, we finished the window with one LESS player from there than before.

Maybe we were just mistaken. When they mentioned getting players from abroad, they actually meant outside of Middlesbrough 

• Like 2

Just now, unsall said:

Ok not quite everyone, not just on here but social media in general, it just seems quite a lot saying he shouldn’t have been sold, when not long ago he was getting a bit of stick

I’m ambivalent to the sale really. 

But just because he was ‘getting a bit of stick’ , doesn’t mean people were clambering for him to be sold.

Who is taking the bigger gamble though?

Rovers for selling Raya for such a (potentially) low fee (£3m ish) or Brentford for buying him? 

Brenford probably sold Bentley for more, and he is at best on par with Raya and only had 1 year left.

Raya leaving will still leave us with no clear CB partner for Lenihan, a bobbins GK "coach" and no #1 GK.

... and maybe Sam Gallagher ??

• Like 2

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Definetly spilt opinion . 

The thing about Raya is WILL he develop into a great keeper or not . At the moment after last season we really aint in a position to wait and find out . We need to shore that defence up pretty sharpish and unfortunately in most teams it starts with the keeper. Brentford taking a gamble ..and again good luck to the lad. A better defensive display all round last season from everyone and would probably have given him another season here.

I can understand that and the logic behind us selling him but I personally think we should have brought in stiffer competition for him or to even push him down to number two. Of course, who is to say he didnt want that and he decided he would rather leave.

Just feel that Raya is getting perhaps a little too much blame when our defence as a whole was a shambles. I will be hugely disappointed if we don't strengthen the backline as TM has been hinting at lately - as they would to me suggest that Raya has been made the scapegoat a little bit. 

• Like 2