BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, jim mk2 said:

I've never worked in Burnley, which is utopia compared to sarf London. Try again.

I'd have thought £2m maximum for Darlow.  

I've lived all over South London, I've even ventured into Peckham, nowhere is as appalling as Burnley. 

OK champ.. you also thought "pal" was abusive. 

• Like 1

Pal is a shit term end of ..I don't call my best friends or "mates" pal and never get it back ..go into Burnley ..you ll soon get pissed off as everyone ovet there is suddenly  your pal ..but maybe some of you are short of friends..

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Standards dear boy. Calling someone "pal", in person or on here, is poor. 

Anyway, how can I be his pal when I've never met him?

Common tongue in Darwen. Pal offensive, christ, ive heard it all now pal.

• Like 7

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Pal is a shit term end of ..I don't call my best friends or "mates" pal and never get it back ..go into Burnley ..you ll soon get pissed off as everyone ovet there is suddenly  your pal ..but maybe some of you are short of friends..

You dont have a dictionary then?

Was not happy with Johnson yesterday, but now he is a Rovers player I hope it works out well and he is a solid player for us for the next couple of years. Still don't understand why he has been allowed to leave Derby if he is that great but we will see. He is a bit of an animal which is definitely helpful. 

Darlow, Forster or Hart would all be massive upgrades for us, so pleased with the sounds of what's happening in the Goalkeeping department. Raya has school boy errors and lets in some shocking goals, we can do better. Clearly requested a transfer after Tonys personal assault which was handled poorly. Raya is a bit of a snowflake.

Gallagher is a tough one, decent striker, 5m is way too much for someone who hasn't really set the heather alight anywhere. Was hoping for Charlie Austin instead as he is a 25 goals a year in the championship player IMO, sounds like he is heading to West Brom. 

Wonder who the Premier League Defender is that we are in for? Could it be Tuanzebe? Would like the boy Chong for the RW too?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Rodwell has gone as his contract expired in June and he hasn't signed a new one yet. I don't think he's been involved in pre season.

Whether you think Rodwell and Downing were good or useless or somewhere in between the reality is they were both called upon last season, albeit to a limited degree, and now they have gone and so far havent been replaced.

That means we are weaker. Two less CB options to what was already a weak defence. An urgent need to add a couple of defenders.

Just thought Downing was a decent league 1 player, not quite good enough for championship level, but think Mowbray will address the C/B situation and with the 2 new lads, Gallagher if he comes in, along with a goalie we should be stronger.

38 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

£4m seems stiff for a 28-year-old with only 180 first team appearances and who has been a reserve at Newcastle for the best part of 4 years. 

Agreed Jim. Paying money to replace Raya seems ludicrous to me, he's the least of our problems. It's like saying Dack's not good enough and we need to replace him with better.

To the extent the defence is poor imo it's because Mulgrew suddenly hit a brick wall and Bennett and Williams are absolute liabilities when playing at RB and LB respectively. When you've got the likes of Evans in midfield the defence doesn't get any protection off midfield either.

Scapegoating Raya and bringing in Newcastle's reserve keeper won't alter that but bring some decent defenders in and there's every chance that either Raya or this other bloke would look very good indeed.

P.S. Agree entirely with you on the condescending and patronising use of the word "pal". 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I just cant see Darlow happening whilst Newcastle have no manager.

Just like selling Perez for 35 million WITHOUT a manager

31 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I just cant see Darlow happening whilst Newcastle have no manager.

• Like 1

Cannot but help think Mowbray is storing up trouble for the club in the years ahead. Johnson is 32, Downing 34/35, both past their sell-by date, Darlow at 28 is not old for a keeper but not young either.  Ageing squads suddenly need wholesale restructuring as these players lose it,  and we have enough older players on the books already. I hope we have some very good youth players coming through, because these old legs will need the youngsters to do the running for them. Ideally, we should be signing quality players in the 24-26 age bracket, people like Harrison Reed for instance. 

• Like 3

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Cannot but help think Mowbray is storing up trouble for the club in the years ahead. Johnson is 32, Downing 34/35, both past their sell-by date, Darlow at 28 is not old for a keeper but not young either.  Ageing squads suddenly need wholesale restructuring as these players lose it,  and we have enough older players on the books already. I hope we have some very good youth players coming through, because these old legs will need the youngsters to do the running for them. Ideally, we should be signing quality players in the 24-26 age bracket, people like Harrison Reed for instance. 

28 is young for a keeper buddy 

Don't get your point on Downing or Johnson either. Downing signed a 1 year deal and Johnson is 33. How is either potential trouble? 

You hope we have good young player coming through? Do you not follow the under 23s? They are pretty good. Gas someone from Ireland had to tell you that. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

Just now, AAK said:

You dont have a dictionary then?

Yep i've a dictionary ..why ..

Do you have a Thesaurus  ..because you could sure do with one using pal three times in four sentences ..

Edited by HowieFive0

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Agreed Jim. Paying money to replace Raya seems ludicrous to me, he's the least of our problems. It's like saying Dack's not good enough and we need to replace him with better.

To the extent the defence is poor imo it's because Mulgrew suddenly hit a brick wall and Bennett and Williams are absolute liabilities when playing at RB and LB respectively. When you've got the likes of Evans in midfield the defence doesn't get any protection off midfield either.

Scapegoating Raya and bringing in Newcastle's reserve keeper won't alter that but bring some decent defenders in and there's every chance that either Raya or this other bloke would look very good indeed.

P.S. Agree entirely with you on the condescending and patronising use of the word "pal". 

Agree about keeper and defence but that would involve upsetting 2 or 3 key players. We could have Sir Brad at his finest or any other top keeper and we'd still ship in goals due to crap defenders and a midfield with poor ball retention. 

Equally worryingly we don't seem to be bothered about a striker. There's a lot riding on Bereton coming good. If Graham gets injured we are stuffed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Gallagher is a striker 

Who isn't prolific, not a particularly sharp finisher, not particularly quick, not particularly good at holding the ball up, notrparticularly good in the air.

Apart from that.......

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 3

Just now, Blue blood said:

Equally worryingly we don't seem to be bothered about a striker. There's a lot riding on Bereton coming good. If Graham gets injured we are stuffed. 

So true. How there is any dependency on Brereton coming good mystifies me. There's as much chance of Brexit coming good as that.

Nothing to get people's hopes up at all.

• Like 4

Just now, jim mk2 said:

I personally disagree here, we have plenty of young heads in the squad already and bar rodwell our recruitment has only been u25's for a while. Be it your chapman's, davenport's or Brereton's, along with a strong u23 squad.

I feel it's right we are looking for experience and the calm heads that brings. Granted Downing maybe a little too far on that scale. Bringing in young players seems to only give Mowbray an excuse not to play them. Plus quality 24-26 Year olds are more expensive.

Edited by bboy
  • Like 4

A midfielder with a tackle in him, happy days ?

Darlow is a decent keeper so he'll replace Raya well if he signs.

Still not keen on Gallagher, as I want Brereton to play that role and understudy Graham. I'd be signing a striker next season to replace Danny.

We are doing business which is good, I hate last gasp signings, get them in quick so they get plenty of time training with the rest of the team.

Makes sure we insert a sell-on into Rayas contract. Some Spanish club will eventually buy him.

• Like 1

Just now, AAK said:

Common tongue in Darwen. Pal offensive, christ, ive heard it all now pal.

Wait til you see someone call him 'mate', 'buddy' or 'chum'. Hell hath no fury like a Jim referred to with friendly terminology.

• Like 2

Just now, 47er said:

So true. How there is any dependency on Brereton coming good mystifies me. There's as much chance of Brexit coming good as that.

Nothing to get people's hopes up at all.

Ya absolutely no way a 20 year old will get better with more game time. Absolutely impossible. God dammit!!! "shakes fist to towards sky" 

Just now, bluebruce said:

Wait til you see someone call him 'mate', 'buddy' or 'chum'. Hell hath no fury like a Jim referred to with friendly terminology.

Reminds me of Terence and Philip in South Park 

See ya pal

OK buddy

I'm not your buddy friend!! 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 5