BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

2 hours ago, The Axe said:

There's a report from Brentford that both the manager and the goalkeeping coach wanted rid of Bentley because there was always a mistake in him. And if you don't value the opinion of that goalkeeping coach you need to check out his CV.

Bloody hell, have they not scouted Raya at all?

• Like 1

What's done is done. But I'm very confident David Raya is a name we will be talking about for years to come about just how badly we (Mowbray) screwed up here, and quite how much of the fan base agreed at the time.

Amazing how we can sell a player on a Saturday... when was the last time we did any incoming business on a weekend??

Karl Darlow, Joe Hart, Joe Day, Fraser Forster, Scott Carson, (Insert Middlesbrough GK)... I'd actually be happiest with Darlow, everything considered.

Good luck David! Hope you prove people wrong. See you in the playoffs??

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I said lots not most and I don’t have to back anything up to anyone on here. That’s my opinion.

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Raya sold for £3m plus add ons is about right. Surprised with the change in opinion on him as most seemed desperate to get him out after each time he made a mistake. I rate Raya and I think he has good potential but he won’t be hard to replace imo. The names linked such as Darlow, Ruddy, Carson and Hart are upgrades imo.

You said most - not lots.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Not what I’ve heard. Magloire is now at the front of the queue to be intergrated this season along with Buckley and Butterworth.

i wouldn’t be surprised if we sold Wharton and sent Grayson back out on loan.

Rankin-Costello too! Injury seems to be behind and he was sensational for the under 23s tail end of last season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

The same ‘hyperbole’ which informed you all that the Bradley Johnson deal was in fact 100%  ‘done’ 12 hours before it was announced by the club? ??‍♂️??

This messageboard (aside from the above type of stuff) is just opinion. You have people talking about us being relegated in the same space as people genuinely believing that we can be promoted. Both ends of the spectrum seem equally ridiculous to the other side. I am free to pass my opinion on whatever I like and based primarily on the content already on there I don’t feel any necessity to provide evidence. If you don’t want to read it then ignore as I do to some on here.

Now, back to transfers...Gally and Darlow announced on Monday? My feeling is that it will be a fee upto £5m (including add ons) and upto £4m for Darlow. Not sure about Gallagher. Darlow would be an upgrade on Raya imo. 

I don't mind what opinions you hold, just don't pass them off as FACT.

And you were right about the Johnson deal and nobody has ever said you weren't, but that doesn't mean you are right about everything else does it?

15 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Quite technical in my opinion but I might be biased. He'd be better than any of our current CBs imo.

Definitely better than any of our current lot, Lenihan included.

• Like 1

Just now, USABlue said:

Bloody hell, have they not scouted Raya at all?

At Brentford last season Raya dropped one of the biggest clangers of his career when he went for a cross he was never going to get and Brentford scored with a header from his indescretion. If they think they can fix that rash decision making good luck to them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

It's not rocket science.

You need a manager who knows the market and is capable of working it.

Wilder and Warnock got Sheff U and Cardiff up with shrewd signings which didn't cost the earth.

IMO, Mowbray has made just one excellent signing (Dack) and in the main, the rest have been in the dross to Joe Average range.

Mowbray had £10million+ last summer and, IMO, blew it big time.  With that sort of investment available, I think we should have been far more consistent, competitive and easy on the eye to watch.  

Based on what Mowbray had done so far, and is likely to do (Raya, Darlow, Downing, Johnson, Gallagher), IMV, there is little to suggest that he's going to turn us into the challenging side he said he would in Blues back in Feb..

Rothwell?

3 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I have to agree with the original poster there was.lots of ill will toward Raya need better was used often, combined with slating the GK coach.  I too was a bit surprised how many now think we should not sell.  As for being touted the best in division erm think not.  I will be keeping an eye on his career as I am on the fence on this one, he could get better but I just have a gut feel he does not have it in him to fully develop the attributes he is currently lacking.  Like I said you can only coach so much of it for the top keepers it comes naturally.

Ah mate, he got pelted on here by lots of people who are now seemingly annoyed and upset by his departure. Whatever...

Raya is far from the best keeper in the league. In all honesty the metric isn’t transferable in the way that outfield players are judged. There will be keepers in the lower leagues who are perfectly capable of playing in the Champ. I’m very confident that we won’t miss Raya next season. I’m not as confident that we won’t rue selling him for £3m+ or whatever. But the manager had lost confidence in him and who could blame him? The writing was on the wall.

Just now, 47er said:

I don't mind what opinions you hold, just don't pass them off as FACT.

And you were right about the Johnson deal and nobody has ever said you weren't, but that doesn't mean you are right about everything else does it?

My saying that people had changed their minds on Raya to effectively fit their narrative wasn’t fact it was my opinion and I’m comfortable with it. As I am sure many others on here are. 

When I said that Johnson had signed I knew it to be fact. 

But either way, I don’t have any obligation to prove anything to you or anyone else. If that were the case then there would be a lot of people on here spending all their time trying to do so.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It won't have gone unnoticed that Blackburn Rovers now have no first choice keeper and a fee in their pockets so I hope he already has someone with one foot in the door.

I do fear he'll try with the Canadian and these funds are earmarked elsewhere already !

That would be suicidal so I'm pretty certain a new keeper will come in.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

My saying that people had changed their minds on Raya to effectively fit their narrative wasn’t fact it was my opinion and I’m comfortable with it. As I am sure many others on here are. 

When I said that Johnson had signed I knew it to be fact. 

But either way, I don’t have any obligation to prove anything to you or anyone else. If that were the case then there would be a lot of people on here spending all their time trying to do so.

Come off it. If TM came  out and said "Raya is brilliant and we are lucky to have him. He's going nowhere while I'm here" you would back him to the hilt!!

And you still don't know the difference between a fact and an opinion though I've done my best!

32 minutes ago, arbitro said:

At Brentford last season Raya dropped one of the biggest clangers of his career when he went for a cross he was never going to get and Brentford scored with a header from his indescretion. If they think they can fix that rash decision making good luck to them. 

Brentford has the goalkeeper coaching structure to give it a crack, we don't

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Another spin of Mowbray's transfer tombola, selling a shot stopping but error prone keeper and probably replacing him like for like, (Newcastle fans seemingly can't wait to get shot).

Still, Darlow is almost perfect for Mowbray as he plays in the North East, and although not a native of the area, his name sounds like the local term for a North Eastern town.

Any sign of a defender or two?

Nope, but hey, trust Tony. 

• Like 1

Rather tall athletic bloke seen hovering around Stanley house last night/this morning. Sat and had his breakfast with 2 older men in suits. Last seen half a hour ago heading off in the passenger seat of a dark car. 

Source - my sister. She said he had dark hair and looked about 30.

• Like 1

Just now, alcd said:

Darlow appears to be on a par with the likes of Fielding and Jason Steele, two dodgy keepers who moved on free transfers. Hope we're not paying more than a nominal fee for him.

Whilst I wouldn't be paying the rumoured £4 Million for Darlow he is a far superior keeper to Steele or Fielding. My personal choice would be David Marshall on a free transfer and use the Raya fee on the defence.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

Just now, Pepsi Max Cherry said:

Rather tall athletic bloke seen hovering around Stanley house last night/this morning. Sat and had his breakfast with 2 older men in suits. Last seen half a hour ago heading off in the passenger seat of a dark car. 

Send her a photo of a Darlow to get an ID?

925300A0-7BF3-4443-BA34-E251C2757DDA.thumb.jpeg.8c72b1e72766ddeb7cc5a819eeddd8cb.jpeg

• Like 3

Just now, Pepsi Max Cherry said:

Did he have a big head?

Although Darlow is a similar keeper to Raya, anyone that watched him at Forest or early on at Newcastle know he’s a better goalkeeper absolutely no questions asked.

Selling Raya and replacing him with Darlow would be an improvement in the goalkeeper position, something 80% it seemed of this board wanted a few weeks ago. 

Gallagher and Darlow signing for a combined (rumoured) 8 million sends shivers down my spine whilst our CB options remain Lenihan, Mulgrew and (gulp) Williams. 

Darlow, Hart and Carson ALL better keepers right now than David Raya, and whoever it is that does come in, isn't going to do much worse than conceding 69 goals in the season.

Yes in a few years Raya COULD come good, but for a nice bit of cash which seems likely to be spent on Gallagher, it's worth it.
In my opinion any of those three would be an upgrade.

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Although Darlow is a similar keeper to Raya, anyone that watched him at Forest or early on at Newcastle know he’s a better goalkeeper absolutely no questions asked.

Selling Raya and replacing him with Darlow would be an improvement in the goalkeeper position, something 80% it seemed of this board wanted a few weeks ago. 

Gallagher and Darlow signing for a combined (rumoured) 8 million sends shivers down my spine whilst our CB options remain Lenihan, Mulgrew and (gulp) Williams. 

Absolutely no way that the Darlow fee will be more than the Raya fee. Darlow in last year of contract, older, not played as much football and Newcastle are prone to clauses and bonuses (much like the Armstrong deal). The reported £4m has been completely plucked out of thin air for me.