BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

If i remember correctly Darlow was also close to joining Leeds in January so if he’s good enough for Bielsa then he’s good enough for me!

Just now, alcd said:

Darlow appears to be on a par with the likes of Fielding and Jason Steele, two dodgy keepers who moved on free transfers. Hope we're not paying more than a nominal fee for him.

Darlow is far superior to both and a top keeper at Championship level with a promotion to the PL on his CV. An upgrade on Raya in almost every department (agility/shot stopping I think they're on a par.)

13 minutes ago, Madon said:

Absolutely gutted that we've let Raya go.

£3million in todays market is pittance, in my opinion he was one of the best shot stoppers in the country, the only thing that let him down was his rush of blood to the head - this can be coached, natural talent can't. 

Hopefully Tony has someone lined up to replace him, but I'm confident this is a decision we will regret in the future. 

Good luck David?

Fully agree. Raya is Only 23 and has a LOT of experience already. Cant see us getting a better one. Poor decision and good luck to David best gk in Champ. The one that should go is Benson.

• Like 4

Just now, danger19_80 said:

Darlow is far superior to both and a top keeper at Championship level with a promotion to the PL on his CV. An upgrade on Raya in almost every department (agility/shot stopping I think they're on a par.)

Are you sure?

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

If i remember correctly Darlow was also close to joining Leeds in January so if he’s good enough for Bielsa then he’s good enough for me!

Yes. Good enough as second choice.

Just now, neophox said:

Yes. Good enough as second choice.

The rumoured value Newcastle place on him is 4 million...if the deal was close, I doubt Bielsa was looking at him as second choice.

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Absolutely no way that the Darlow fee will be more than the Raya fee. Darlow in last year of contract, older, not played as much football and Newcastle are prone to clauses and bonuses (much like the Armstrong deal). The reported £4m has been completely plucked out of thin air for me.

Bit like the “pretty small fee” you claimed was a done deal for a free agent who is now at Millwall?

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

The rumoured value Newcastle place on him is 4 million...if the deal was close, I doubt Bielsa was looking at him as second choice.

Well Darlow is regarded as 4th choice by their fans and error prone.. not worth that much. If Rovers gets him it may well be more to £1m with add ons.

Just now, neophox said:

Has anyone snapped up Hoban on a free? Was released by Watford and is still only 25 years old. Tall centre back who did well here last time around on loan.

Far too injury prone for me and after a decent start I found him to be pretty poor. Imagine he'd end up in Scotland or somewhere like that. Would rather have Williams as a back up CB than him

Just now, blackburnravers.com said:

Screenshot_20190706-134431_Twitter.jpg

Nah, he’s only here to get fit. ??‍♂️

How does Charlie Adam fit into our team? Surely Johnson has already filled the experienced-older-head-Rodwell-replacement spot, hasn’t he?

Conway = Downing

Rodwell = Adam

Reed = Johnson

And without a penny being spent.

Must follow then that

Raya = Hart

Downing = nil

Just now, neophox said:

Fully agree. Raya is Only 23 and has a LOT of experience already. Cant see us getting a better one. Poor decision and good luck to David best gk in Champ. The one that should go is Benson.

This, I think, is the conundrum with Raya:

1. He came through the academy so, understandably, we all wanted him to succeed - he was one of 'ours'.

2. He had a propensity to drop clangers so was unreliable. 

3. Most of us wanted him to make that No 1 spot his own for years to come.

4. Because of No 2 he ultimately failed to achieve number 3.

5. Now he's been sold we're anxious & worry he'll prove us wrong, but isn't that the nature of any transfer truth be told? 

He might go on to have a stellar career but we can't wait another 2,3,4 years to find out. He could just has easily found his true level already.   

• Like 2

Johnson I’m broadly happy with. Lots of Derby fans seemed to think he was worth another contract although the one I know was pleased to see the back of him. Seems like he struggles playing with his back to goal. 

Gallagher id be happy with depending on how sensible the price is, think it says a lot about Brereton though that we’ve gone in for another striker. Gallagher would offer a more mobile target man option to Graham, he’s decent in the air, quicker than you think and works hard (great for a high press). Not the most prolific but he showed where that he does have some technique.

Raya I would’ve kept at the price we’ve sold him for but it all depends on the replacement, if we noticeably improve in that area then fair enough. I’d have got rid of benson and given Raya another chance but we haven’t. Hopefully Benson will be demoted and we’ll recruit  someone else to be goalkeeping coach.

Charlie Adam id stay well clear off, legs have gone. 

If we don’t get a centre back then it doesn’t really matter the other business we do as it will automatically class as a failure.

• Like 1

• Backroom
41 minutes ago, alcd said:

Darlow appears to be on a par with the likes of Fielding and Jason Steele, two dodgy keepers who moved on free transfers. Hope we're not paying more than a nominal fee for him.

Darlow's WORST Championship record is 1 clean sheet in 4 games, regularly getting 1 in 3 for Forest, and 2 in 5 for Newcastle in their promotion season.

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Johnson I’m broadly happy with. Lots of Derby fans seemed to think he was worth another contract although the one I know was pleased to see the back of him. Seems like he struggles playing with his back to goal. 

Gallagher id be happy with depending on how sensible the price is, think it says a lot about Brereton though that we’ve gone in for another striker. Gallagher would offer a more mobile target man option to Graham, he’s decent in the air, quicker than you think and works hard (great for a high press). Not the most prolific but he showed where that he does have some technique.

Raya I would’ve kept at the price we’ve sold him for but it all depends on the replacement, if we noticeably improve in that area then fair enough. I’d have got rid of benson and given Raya another chance but we haven’t. Hopefully Benson will be demoted and we’ll recruit  someone else to be goalkeeping coach.

Charlie Adam id stay well clear off, legs have gone. 

If we don’t get a centre back then it doesn’t really matter the other business we do as it will automatically class as a failure.

One thing I learnt at a very early age is to never pass judgement on somebody without being in a position where you are close enough to know what their breath smells like.