BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Charlie Adam who was supposedly training at Brockhall this summer just to keep fit is apparently now getting a run out in the blue and white......

Back to the days of bullshit by the spade load i'm afraid.

This Raya situation will send a clear indication as to where we are at more than anything else so far this summer.  All eyes on his perceived replacement ( if thee is one ).

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, tomphil said:

Charlie Adam who was supposedly training at Brockhall this summer just to keep fit is apparently now getting a run out in the blue and white......

This Raya situation will send a clear indication as to where we are at more than anything else so far this summer.  All eyes on his perceived replacement ( if thee is one ).

In fairness even Mowbray is surely not stubborn enough to think Leutwiler is a capable No1. If he starts the season in nets then the manager should be rightly lambasted for it. I'm absolutely sure we'll bring someone in though, whether it's Hart (god forbid) or Darlow. 

Edited by DE.

5 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Mercer can’t wait to see what job you pick up in the football league with your expert knowledge of all things football! Of course TM knows what he is doing he’s been in footie for 30 or more years as a top pro and decent manager whereas you? 

Raya is not the best keeper around small in stature but good shot stopper he is not a commanding figure and he makes some calamitous decisions as we saw last season costing us points .

If he did, IMO, he would never have done the Brereton £7million+ deal.  Full stop.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

In fairness even Mowbray is surely not stubborn enough to think Leutwiler is a capable No1. If he starts the season in nets then the manager should be rightly lambasted for it. I'm absolutely sure we'll bring someone in though, whether it's Hart (god forbid) or Darlow. 

Would you be ok with Andy Fisher? Promising keeper already here. Started today’s game

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Rothwell?

I like Rothwell.  Advocated his cause since I first saw him.  Has a spark about him.

Might just urn out to be a good un.  Let's see how he goes over the first dozen matches PROVIDED our manager doesn't play silly buggers.

So that's one and a half good signings.  As far the rest...........................

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Bloody hell! We'll be play walking football next.

• Like 2

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Would you be ok with Andy Fisher? Promising keeper already here. Started today’s game

Keeper really isn't the position to be experimenting with or plonking young'uns in to grow for a season or two and sell.

Get something proper in there and give the rest of the team a solid platform to withstand the usual chopping/changing, blooding youngsters etc

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

No, we need an experienced keeper, especially with our pathetically poor defence which is unlikely to be much improved on if at all. Get Fisher out on loan so he can make his learning mistakes elsewhere and come back to us stronger. 

Edited by DE.

19 minutes ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Replacing Raya with Fisher would be utterly ridiculous. One of the most idiotic decisions possible... therefore I think it’s plausible it could happen.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, blackburnravers.com said:

Screenshot_20190706-134431_Twitter.jpg

Mowbray's taking the **** now. Shades of Robbie Fowler - "Only coming in to train and get fit" - next news he's been handed a deal.

If we are actually interested in that Newcastle reserve their fans can't wait to get rid of to replace Raya then part of the deal should be a stipulation Mowbray goes the other way to take over as their manager.

• Like 4

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

#Rovers 2nd half: Fisher, Bennett, Magloire, Wharton, Thompson, Adam, Smallwood, Buckley, Butterworth, Armstrong, Nuttall.

looks like the entire team changed for second half except for Fisher in goal. Today’s about fitness.

Is that Lewis Thompson, from the u-23s?