BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

The overreactions on here are hilarious.

Unless I'm mistaken, Charlie Adam hasn't signed a 5 year, £50k a week contract with us. No harm in giving him a run out in the preseason and seeing what he has left in the tank. 

• Like 4

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Unless I'm mistaken, Charlie Adam hasn't signed a 5 year, £50k a week contract with us. No harm in giving him a run out in the preseason and seeing what he has left in the tank. 

You know what’s more annoying than overreacting, hysterical meltdowns?

Posters banging on about other posters’ overreacting, hysterical meltdowns.

• Like 2

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

#Rovers 2nd half: Fisher, Bennett, Magloire, Wharton, Thompson, Adam, Smallwood, Buckley, Butterworth, Armstrong, Nuttall.

looks like the entire team changed for second half except for Fisher in goal. Today’s about fitness.

That was the plan from the start.

These kinda of games should almost have a social media blackout. They are meaningless and only about getting players back match fit.

The only problem is if we get a drubbing off a minnow then it becomes an issue.

Just now, Stuart said:

That was the plan from the start.

These kinda of games should almost have a social media blackout. They are meaningless and only about getting players back match fit.

The only problem is if we get a drubbing off a minnow then it becomes an issue.

One feels for the Barrow trialist. Scored an own goal and almost gifted Dack another in the first half ?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

You know what’s more annoying than overreacting, hysterical meltdowns?

Posters banging on about other posters’ overreacting, hysterical meltdowns.

You know what's more annoying than posters banging on about other posters' overreacting, hysterical meltdowns?

• Like 2

I take it from what you say you don't actually want us to sign him.

Therefore, what's the benefit of "giving him a run out" thereby preventing us looking at someone else or even having him around the squad.

There is none.

• Like 8

Trialling Adam is just a waste of time. I’m sure Mowbray thinks that he will be a good old head to have in the dressing room but if it keeps a Davenport away from the bench or if we don’t have any defensive subs, it’s a problem.

I’d say using an extreme example of a five year, 50k a week deal to make a point is pretty hilarious. At 5k per week he’d be a waste of a squad place, and our squad is pretty poor as it is. We have about 12 midfielders, 3 strikers and 3 defenders. Another midfielder is not what we need. Especially one who looks like Bruce Willis’ dad.

• Like 3

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/charlie-adam-blackburn-rovers-stoke-16517128

it was clarified some days ago that Adam is (was) not training with the club. By club officials no less. From that to trialling. Maybe he showed some useful things to TM on the team’s return from Austria.

Has be got a part time job as an agent...

...for Betterware?

• Like 2

To be fair, Adam has been influential in this second half

To be fair, I’d fully expect him to take the Conference by storm.

• Like 4

Just now, davulsukur said:

20190706_163522.jpg

That would be funny if it weren’t so painfully likely.

Sorry but we’ve had too many chancers take Rovers pants down for a final pay day in recent years.

Just now, Stuart said:

That would be funny if it weren’t so painfully likely.

Sorry but we’ve had too many chancers take Rovers pants down for a final pay day in recent years.

No, I don't want to sign him either. I just had Caddis flashbacks after he played well against York the other season. So, Adam doing one thing in a meaningless game, will probably be enough for Mowbray.

There are a couple of comments on that Twitter post saying "Sign him up" & "unreal player" 

Honestly can't believe it.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

With a few centre mid players unavailable - possibly doing him a favour to help him get his fitness up 

We are playing feckin Barrow!  You are not telling me none of our Academy lads right down to the age of 16 could not have stepped in. 

Just now, davulsukur said:

No, I don't want to sign him either. I just had Caddis flashbacks after he played well against York the other season. So, Adam doing one thing in a meaningless game, will probably be enough for Mowbray.

There are a couple of comments on that Twitter post saying "Sign him up" & "unreal player" 

Honestly can't believe it.

Frightening.

These are the things that chip away at Tony’s credibility but which disappear into the subconscious.

These are the kinds of signings of a club that has a negative budget not of one that keeps telling their owners to put their chequebook away.

Might just be me, but Johnson and Adam would be a huge upgrade on Smallwood & Evans regardless of age.

Evans in particular epitomizes the "venkys era" for me.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Might just be me, but Johnson and Adam would be a huge upgrade on Smallwood & Evans regardless of age.

Evans in particular epitomizes the "venkys era" for me.

Totally agree on the Evans point we've played more or less the same way ever since he set foot in the club regardless of manager.

Really is time we moved forwards from two men doing one good mans job in midfield let Evans be back up, late sub to someone else.