BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

DAVENPort  Johnson downing Smallwood Evans travis and possibly Buckley . Why on earth is Adam playing unless both Smallwood and Evans leave And he comes in as fourth choice cm .  We need a cb, lb and have no keeper yet we are waisting our time and a place for a young Lad To get valuable game time and experience on this guy to get fit for another’s club

another strange one

I reckon Adam would bring  more than Evans or Smallwood, he at least passes the ball forwards and has a serious shot. I just don't think we need him. Now if we sold Evans.... 

If we are going to be more of a passing team next year, I'm not sure Evans is what we need. He literally cannot pass forward 

• Like 1

An age old rovers theme throw money around the squad on all unsundry totally wasting half of it instead of actually buying quality that might cost a lot to start with but actually saves you money in the long run because they do the job they are bought for.

Never learn.

• Like 9

It's an interesting exercise in human psychology on here.

If at the end of last season I'd said on here "I know, I have a brilliant idea, let's sign Stewart Downing and Charlie Adam" people would have been calling for the men in  white coats.

Mowbray does it and many posters seem receptive to the idea and start performing mental gymnastics to justify how it could possibly work.

I wonder how bad a potential signing would actually have to be before he received universal condemnation.

• Like 4

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

So ya seemingly Brentford are the club in for Jansonn. That is surprising to me. Good for Raya anyway. 

5.5 million the fee. I can only ask, why the f*** aren't we in for him? 

Sorry great mind and all that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Bit like the “pretty small fee” you claimed was a done deal for a free agent who is now at Millwall?

Or I clearly meant signing on fee, clarified and edited to that at the time and there’s no need for you to constantly quote things I say to have digs for no reason ?

Every time I’ve a notification with your name on it, it’s either moaning or just constantly correcting and disagreeing with people.

It isn’t necessary and neither was this.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

It's an interesting exercise in human psychology on here.

If at the end of last season I'd said on here "I know, I have a brilliant idea, let's sign Stewart Downing and Charlie Adam" people would have been calling for the men in  white coats.

Mowbray does it and many posters seem receptive to the idea and start performing mental gymnastics to justify how it could possibly work.

I wonder how bad a potential signing would actually have to be before he received universal condemnation.

I think you're wildly over reacting about how "bad" Downing is 

Same with Adam. Who we haven't actually signed anyway. 

Just now, pick32 said:

Darlow a non starter and replacement keeper is STILL being discussed according to TM on SSN,

why did you sanction the sale then you utter clown 

You see the season isn't starting yet, so we could actually sign someone next week and it would be fine, or even the week after. 

• Backroom

Sounds like Brentford might be going for it next season if they sign Raya and Janssen. Disappointing that we aren't in for him considering we are absolutely desperate for a CB. Seems that Venky's will only sanction decent money being spent on attacking players, then end up "confused" when we don't get anywhere because we can't bloody defend.

It’s not about individuals it’s about philosophy. We are looking at players like downing and Adams while Brentford yes Brentford sign our goalkeeper and it appears one of the best centre half’s in the league. 

Fortunately we don’t need defenders we need ageing midfielders.

According to our leader Venkies are desperate to spend. I can only assume that the Leeds guy doesn’t meet our managers requirements and we have irons in the fire.

To be honest I’m sick off old pros rolling up getting a pay day and wandering off. If venkies have money get it spent.

McGinn, can’t pay the wages others can’t pay the fee clubs are greedy. Our youngsters can’t be rushed and you have to be loyal to your senior pros. Nobodies driven out here( gladwin, smallwood Evans). 

I hope this comes back to bite me because I’m not sure where this recruitment, retainment and promotion  methodology is going. It is to use one word bizarre.

• Like 6

OK so Mowbray just confirmed that Raya pushed for the move. 

So as a few of us suspected he was told he wouldn't be automatic first choice and then pushed for the move. Interesting. 

Or Perhaps he was annoyed that he was one of only two of our backline that were repeatedly singled out by the manager. Whilst the likes of Bennett, Mulgrew, Bell and Williams could be useless week after week and the manager never had the balls to single them out.

• Like 6

So as a few of us suspected he was told he wouldn't be automatic first choice and then pushed for the move. Interesting. 

Or he just didn't fancy being the scapegoat again for a shambles of a defence.

Just now, Boroblue said:

It’s not about individuals it’s about philosophy. We are looking at players like downing and Adams while Brentford yes Brentford sign our goalkeeper and it appears one of the best centre half’s in the league. 

Fortunately we don’t need defenders we need ageing midfielders.

According to our leader Venkies are desperate to spend. I can only assume that the Leeds guy doesn’t meet our managers requirements and we have irons in the fire.

To be honest I’m sick off old pros rolling up getting a pay day and wandering off. If venkies have money get it spent.

McGinn, can’t pay the wages others can’t pay the fee clubs are greedy. Our youngsters can’t be rushed and you have to be loyal to your senior pros. Nobodies driven out here( gladwin, smallwood Evans). 

I hope this comes back to bite me because I’m not sure where this recruitment, retainment and promotion  methodology is going. It is to use one word bizarre.

Great post.

• Like 2

If Raya wasn’t going to be first choice then you would think Mowbray would know who was - or even had someone lined-  up rather than some kind of Jedi mind trick motivation that backfired.

If Raya was told that he would now be competing with Leutwiler to start I could understand why he would have wanted to leave.

Question: does this situation reflect badly on Mowbray or not?

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Or Perhaps he was annoyed that he was one of only two of our backline that were repeatedly singled out by the manager. Whilst the likes of Bennett, Mulgrew, Bell and Williams could be useless week after week and the manager never had the balls to single them out.

Maybe, but Mulgrew was dropped for the final 6 games. In fairness as well, while those guys for sure made errors,Rayas were hard to ignore or miss. The one against Birmingham was spectacular