BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Might just be me, but Johnson and Adam would be a huge upgrade on Smallwood & Evans regardless of age.

Evans in particular epitomizes the "venkys era" for me.

Absolutely agree. Regardless of age, these are nowhere near the same level as Adam and Johnson. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Axe said:

Give me proof and I'll believe you but try as I might I can't recall public criticism. Can remember Dally Duncan refusing to utter a word against Dougan after the Cup Final. Also know Butcher drove Jim Smith wild but he never said a word that could be reported.

I'm pretty sure Souness said a few things about Dunn.

This at the end of his time at Rovers

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11676/2254743/souness-dunn-can-go

Also macateer here :

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11676/2218469/souness-unhappy-with-mcateer-attitude

Souness, a bit like Roy Keane and Mourinho, loves a bit of negative public feedback. 

Can't see the sense in it myself.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 4

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

Saw a comment on Facebook saying Adam played well and should be signed up. What a load of cobblers.

I heard he was class today... Not so? 

• Backroom

Could it be we intend on giving Adam the Tugay role (mentoring Davenport), and Johnson the Savage role (mentoring Travis)?

Not saying good or bad either way, but it's a thought, added to Downing mentoring Chapman.

However, I admit I'm feeling rather less optimistic now that Darlow has been ruled out. Hopefully it means we have a Ruddy/Carson lined up.

I don't think we have any need for Adam. 

We've got Johnson, Travis, Davenport and Evan's. We then still have Smallwood (who I hope we are shifting on if possible) and presumably some academy players too.

Added to that, Butterfield is also here training with us.

We have far more urgent issues to resolve, such as a number 1 keeper and another starting CB.

• Like 1

Just now, Mike E said:

Could it be we intend on giving Adam the Tugay role (mentoring Davenport), and Johnson the Savage role (mentoring Travis)?

Not saying good or bad either way, but it's a thought, added to Downing mentoring Chapman.

However, I admit I'm feeling rather less optimistic now that Darlow has been ruled out. Hopefully it means we have a Ruddy/Carson lined up.

I used to play left back, can I be Bell's mentor. I'd be cheap.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

Not being funny or anything but this idea of players mentoring other players and almost teaching them how it's done. What's the managers role then? To hand out biscuits?

Too many look at him as nice and think that's all that's needed. If he's sold the best goalie at the club with no real back up plan then it's suicide.

Again defence doesn't seem to be an issue for some reason. Guess we are going down the you score 3 we'll score 4 route which is piss poor management. 

Just waiting for the usual "we need more supporters in the ground to push us on" sorry but if you don't show ambition on the pitch how can you ask people to show commitment off it.

All I want is the club to get back into the prem so that Venkys and Mowbray can jog on. He accepted mediocrity in January and is doing the same now.

Charlie Adam is basically Danny Murphy. Both bold, both on the decline and both looking for a last payday.

• Like 4

Just now, Mike E said:

Me and you are too similar mate. I actually agree and think Charlie’s the type of “head up” footballer that would make an midfield anchor! Twice the intent of Rodwell, if not the athlete 

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

Not sure if he’s applying for the job as midfielder or U23s manager? He looks like he’s in his 50s.

A4814DAC-7125-48B7-85D0-2960751140AD.thumb.jpeg.f7f3691ef0e4d909b55c1928088ecb79.jpeg

Picture source: Facebook

Wow, If that's what being on big bucks does for you I'm glad I never made it. It looks like he's been carved from a block of wood with a chainsaw by Stevie Wonder.

• Like 2

On 01/07/2019 at 11:37, MarkBRFC said:

I very much doubt Charlie Adam will be signing.

There will be out of contract players training at most clubs up and down the country to stay fit.

Nothing to see here.

Plus the fact that Nixon reported it probably means he's at Blackpool or something ?

On 01/07/2019 at 11:53, Tugayisgod said:

Exactly, people jumping on the bandwagon as usual

What say ye now chaps?

Still just getting fit?

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

What say ye now chaps?

Still just getting fit?

I still think it’s very unlikely anything will happen with Adam. The last couple of lines in Mowbrays interview in the LT this evening is key for me.

Just now, Stuart said:

What say ye now chaps?

Still just getting fit?

Weird. Goes against all my instinct...unless it is some kind of pay-as- you- play deal.

In all fairness, I guess we won't be able to judge until all the ins and outs are complete.

Could we be about to shift Evans, for instance? There has to be a goalie/centre half lined up...doesn't there?...Sorry, delusions of normalcy!

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

Not being funny or anything but this idea of players mentoring other players and almost teaching them how it's done. What's the managers role then? To hand out biscuits?

Too many look at him as nice and think that's all that's needed. If he's sold the best goalie at the club with no real back up plan then it's suicide.

Again defence doesn't seem to be an issue for some reason. Guess we are going down the you score 3 we'll score 4 route which is piss poor management. 

Just waiting for the usual "we need more supporters in the ground to push us on" sorry but if you don't show ambition on the pitch how can you ask people to show commitment off it.

All I want is the club to get back into the prem so that Venkys and Mowbray can jog on. He accepted mediocrity in January and is doing the same now.

Charlie Adam is basically Danny Murphy. Both bold, both on the decline and both looking for a last payday.

Great post but wear your tinhat the mowbary lover lynch brigade will be out for your blood