BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

31 minutes ago, 47er said:

Of course he got stick---after a bad game when he made a blunder or two, what's unusual about that?

He also got praise for good saves he made as well. In fact I think the general or majority opinion about him was that he had improved in terms of judgement on crosses but that serious face injury set him back.

I don't ever remember him being "public enemy #1".

Its been said before but people often read what they wish to, and then react against that!

Understatement worthy of ....Thomas Hardy!

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

A lot of negativety going on and I can understand why... Although, if we do sign Adam, I'm pretty sure he will turn out to be a better signing than Johnson, has all the same qualities as him but more quality on the ball. I'd ship out Evans and Smallwood and sooner have these two, it would be a massive upgrade in quality and most importantly, two absolute bastards who hate to get beat. The sort of experienced leaders you need to get out of this league. I know people want fanfare signings but I think people need to step back and consider what we really need. Yes we need a centre half and a decent keeper, I think that will happen. We already have a good crop of great young talent and also players like Dacky, Rothwell and Lennihan in their mid twenties but I believe that we need not just experience but quality experience. You might feel down about us signing out of contract older players but I'm pretty confident people will be quite pleased wth these addtitions at the end of the season. 

Where's your view of Adam being a go getter from? Was great for Blackpool but since then a bit part player who has never made that much of an impression. Only played 13 games last season in an average stoke side that finished below us. Can't really see how anyone can expect him to do well.

He's got quality but he's had that for a long time and done little with it. At least Johnson and Downing played a lot of games last season and performed well by a lot of accounts.

Just now, deryck guyler's spoon said:

I see that Raya is on the way to saint status and a hybrid of Joan of Arc and Gordon Banks. I'm shocked.

There’s just as many painting a picture of a Rudolph Hess and that fat lad who got in trouble for eating a pie on the bench hybrid to be fair.

Just now, deryck guyler's spoon said:

I see that Raya is on the way to saint status and a hybrid of Joan of Arc and Gordon Banks. I'm shocked.

If they put a “highlights” reel on of his errors I’d be here until sund... oh, ffs

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Where's your view of Adam being a go getter from? Was great for Blackpool but since then a bit part player who has never made that much of an impression. Only played 13 games last season in an average stoke side that finished below us. Can't really see how anyone can expect him to do well.

He's got quality but he's had that for a long time and done little with it. At least Johnson and Downing played a lot of games last season and performed well by a lot of accounts.

Got to agree on Adam. He was never the most athletic and there have been a number of intervening years since his peak. Even without that he would seem superfluous to our requirements. Whilst accepting that Adam is a talented footballer I'd be concerned if we're hanging our hat on him. No sign of that just yet but I'm not keen on him padding out the squad and eating into the wage bill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Simply making the point that what he said at Blues, IMO, sounds  a complete nonsense based upon the sale of Raya and the signings of Johnson, Downing and probably Adams.  I think Mowbray's credibility issue gets bigger and bigger.

Thing is, you attack TM on nearly once a day, every day, whatever he does.  It seems a bit obsessive to me.  

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Butty said:

Not bad either, there are better options out there than Darlow that I think we could make a move for. Hopefully Mowbray makes the right call ?

Mowbray also said Adam wasn’t training with Rovers, ended up playing half  a game, also told LET no transfers were imminent, signed Johnson day after, think TM is playing a smart game, tell ‘em nothing till it happens.

• Like 1

Just now, bob fleming said:

I’m sure I read it on here, occasional 9/10, occasional 3 or 4 out of 10. Need the middle ground.

Superb shot stopper. Brilliant. But never looked big enough - not enough presence.

Next...

Nailed it. But who needs nuance when you can have hyperbole?

The goalkeeper Mowbray signs could be my final straw with him.

If and only IF the replacement is of a decent (better) quality to Raya, and not spunked our entire budget (profit) in the process - will I deem the decision to let Raya leave be not a complete mistake (though time will prove us it will be I'm sure).

Gut says I'm not going to be happy. I'll honestly be hoping otherwise. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well to be fair Gallagher seems to have morphed into Shearer in the eyes of many since he's been away!

Well, no. He's merged into a potentially adequate Graham replacement.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Maybe, but Mulgrew was dropped for the final 6 games. In fairness as well, while those guys for sure made errors,Rayas were hard to ignore or miss. The one against Birmingham was spectacular 

was that Raya's version of the Duffy og?   Heh heh.

Adams, Downing the sky is falling, the world is coming to an end.  Fire Mowbary, clubs going down.  Find myself wondering the what the reactions on this board would be when we signed past it players like David Wagstaffe and tried to save a bob or two with an inexperienced manager who has to play too cos we are so cheap, Howard Kendall.  Such one trick show ponies as Duncan McKenzie non league keepers like Arnold.  Kin hell it would be bedlam.

• Like 7

Just now, bob fleming said:

I’m sure I read it on here, occasional 9/10, occasional 3 or 4 out of 10. Need the middle ground.

Superb shot stopper. Brilliant. But never looked big enough - not enough presence.

Next...

Bet we replace him with someone "experienced" who also doesn't have enough presence and isn't a brilliant shot stopper either though Bob.

10 hours ago, CraigF said:

Offt imagine that! 

Adam    Downing 

Johnson 

Cracking central midfield next season. 

It would have been - at least 5 years ago.

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Bet we replace him with someone "experienced" who also doesn't have enough presence and isn't a brilliant shot stopper either though Bob.

Very true Rev, very true. Good job I’m not manager. Tough gig.

5 hours ago, Beanie01289 said:

I don't know of any particular incident but I'm fairly sure souness must have he just must have. 

Taylor and Dunny for sure.  Maybe a bit on the passive aggressive side but we were all clear on what his message was.  

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I do wonder if the mods warn the likes of Merc, Revidge and co about ‘winding’ people up as much as they warn the rest of us...been absolutely relentless this shit today ??‍♂️???

So anyone who doesn't agree with you is automatically on the wind up?

No "winding up" whatsoever intended on my part. My impression of last season was that the momentum from winning promotion got us off to a solid start which just about got us over the line as we were well and truly found out in the last two thirds or so of the season.

I've just checked back to see if the stats co-included with my impression and it appears that in the second half of last season we got 23 points from 19 games so imo with Mulgrew and Graham in particular well on the decline and not getting any younger we're in desperate trouble unless we improve very substantially.

For me the business conducted and names linked so far are absolutely desperate and that was even before the loss of Raya which I am gutted about as I think he's a good keeper now and will go onto be a top class one.

So apologies if I'm posting frequently but it's a reflection of how serious the trouble I think we are in is. If for the sake of argument we'd not sold Raya, and signed Hanley, Reed and Assombalonga permanently I'd never be off here crowing what great business we'd done!

If it keeps everyone happier I'll limit the "we're doomed" stuff to a posting or two a day. As things stand it won't change my view though and what are you supposed to do if you think we're in very serious trouble? Sit back and say nothing or keep repeating your thoughts in the hope  eventually the penny drops and someone somewhere takes some notice?

If I didn't care, it wouldn't bother me.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Eammon Brophy apparently a target.

@Scotland1 Any opinion? Scored 1 in 3 since being at Kilmarnock, who finished 3rd last year and seems a good 'inbetween' age at 23.

Seems like a tidy target for, allegedly, just under £1m?

Brilliant player is Brophy. Lightning quick, good finisher. Watched him vs Hibs a couple of times last year and he was a nightmare.

There will be Goodwille comparisons 

Edited by Fraserkirky