BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Mysteriously the money from selling Raya (3 million?) will enable Mowbray to go out and make signings yet there's no mention of the money left over from January which Mowbray decided not to spend and no mention of funds Venkys were providing before sales.

Personally my belief is they're having us on and there isn't any money. Mowbray has allowed Raya to go so he can raise a few quid to reinvest and other than that it's free agents and loans.

I look forward to being proven wrong.

• Like 3

On Sam Gallagher, I agree that we should be ahead of Wigan if it is a choice between the two. I also suspect if we really wanted him that the deal would have been done. He strikes me as bang average for this division so I could take him or leave him.

On Dann, I think we are panicking over centre halves so anybody who is available is going to be linked. Personally rather have Hanley than Dann but not much in them.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

TM speaks about prospects of signing ‘kid’ Charlie Adam.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/july/boss-pleased-with-adam-impact/

You have to think he is going to be brought in. If I were him I’d have at least had a shave though.

No baseball cap or ripped jeans

• Like 1

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Our CEO saying similar budget to last year is the only evidence

Not sure what that means though, does that include wages?

The £10m that we spent (or didn’t spend depending on who you believe about the Brereton fee) last Summer really has muddied the waters.

I’ll be amazed if we spend £10m this Summer. We have had to sell Raya before we can bring in a replacement.

• Like 1

Dann is a good defender. He is just one of those guys I really associate with a very bad time for the club. He was definitely one of the better ones though. It's a very surprising link to be honest. He must be on enormous wages. 

I wonder is Nixon just making shit up, again 

• Like 3

Just now, Stuart said:

Not sure what that means though, does that include wages?

The £10m that we spent (or didn’t spend depending on who you believe about the Brereton fee) last Summer really has muddied the waters.

I’ll be amazed if we spend £10m this Summer. We have had to sell Raya before we can bring in a replacement.

It's a combination of wages and fees by the sound of things. 

I don't think we necessarily had to sell Raya before we brought someone in, more just that's how things have worked out. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roverandout said:

Frasier Forster.

See, that wasn't so hard was it and , for what it's worth, I wouldn't mind him either. Unfortunately though, unless Saints are prepared to subsidise a massive chunk of his wages, I can't see it happening as he's apparently on stupid money.

• Like 1

No time for Dann either another who just used the club and was a project of Kean and co I heard some stuff about that deal around the time that left another bad taste.

Came here unfit, to get fit and move which he did and his form only improved here when he was told scouts from a few clubs were watching him now he was fully fit again. Then bingo he gets sold.

So no thanks non of this is moving us forwards its beginning to resemble a desperate attempt to stop us going backwards again.

• Like 5

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Dann is a good defender. He is just one of those guys I really associate with a very bad time for the club. He was definitely one of the better ones though. It's a very surprising link to be honest. He must be on enormous wages. 

I wonder is Nixon just making shit up, again 

Dann is also a very successful private investor into start-ups, venture capital plus the usual.

Completely minted and I admire him for that. If his laptop cable can strech back to Ewood we could do OK, maybe he could play for us again too.

• Like 1

I'm not advocating a move for Adam but a straw poll on Facebook suggests most Stoke fans are disappointed he left and would have liked him to play more games last season. Seems like the quarterback role is the one he excels at with a couple of 'legs' around him...

• Like 1

It's a combination of wages and fees by the sound of things. 

I don't think we necessarily had to sell Raya before we brought someone in, more just that's how things have worked out. 

It really doesn’t sound like it...

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17754290.david-raya-wanted-brentford-move-says-rovers-boss-tony-mowbray/

It gives us the ability to regenerate money around our squad and strengthen areas of the pitch that we feel we need to strengthen in,” Mowbray said.

We’ll recruit another goalie and we’ll use the money to recruit and strengthen in other areas as well”.

Just now, BigUts said:

I'm not advocating a move for Adam but a straw poll on Facebook suggests most Stoke fans are disappointed he left and would have liked him to play more games last season. Seems like the quarterback role is the one he excels at with a couple of 'legs' around him...

Of all oldies we have signed over the last few years, I do think Adam had the most potential to be like a Tugay signing. He was never athletic, so I still think he could play his game pretty well  

I just think we have so many midfielders currently. 

Just now, BigUts said:

He’ll have 32 year old Johnson and 35 year old Downing next to him, so IMV - no thanks. 

Just now, Stuart said:

It really doesn’t sound like it...

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17754290.david-raya-wanted-brentford-move-says-rovers-boss-tony-mowbray/

It gives us the ability to regenerate money around our squad and strengthen areas of the pitch that we feel we need to strengthen in,” Mowbray said.

We’ll recruit another goalie and we’ll use the money to recruit and strengthen in other areas as well”.

I would just take that to mean the money will be added to what is there currently. Particularly as they have stated in record we have money to spend 

I'm actually relived to read Mowbray say we will sign a keeper. I had a bad feeling we wouldn't. 

Reading some comments from Wigan fans on twitter. They can't get their heads around them bidding 5 million for someone. 

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Dann is also a very successful private investor into start-ups, venture capital plus the usual.

Completely minted and I admire him for that. If his laptop cable can strech back to Ewood we could do OK, maybe he could play for us again too.

Interesting. Didn't know that - did some googling and found this. PE is risky but potentially very rewarding. Hopes it works out for him and shows he's not your average footballer.  

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/01/scott-dann-crystal-palace-injury-investing-start-ups-interview

Liked him as a player but always felt he regarded himself as above us and not sure if he's the leader in defence we need

However, he's well above 30 and a potential injury hazard - so ticks many of Mowbray's boxes. 

image.png

image.png

Edited by jim mk2

In fairness he could. He's had a decent Premier league career. If he couldn't jump or head the ball, that would have fairly held him back! 

To be fair he did do better at Palace.  He came with a good reputation but you got the impression pretty much from day one that he didn't want to be here.  During his time at Ewood though, he was generally poor and I thought he was pretty feeble in the air for a big lad. Also that association with K**n and being part of that era doesn't sit well.  

• Like 2

Just now, tomphil said:

No time for Dann either another who just used the club and was a project of Kean and co I heard some stuff about that deal around the time that left another bad taste.

Came here unfit, to get fit and move which he did and his form only improved here when he was told scouts from a few clubs were watching him now he was fully fit again. Then bingo he gets sold.

So no thanks non of this is moving us forwards its beginning to resemble a desperate attempt to stop us going backwards again.

What about Adam, who slagged us off while at stoke....? He can sod off for me.

• Like 1