BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, dallydally said:

How about Pontus Johannson from Leeds as centre back? (Apologies if someone has already posted this)

Been discussed somewhat, many can't understand why we aren't in there but we could well be without having knowledge of it. 

Just now, Neal said:

Hope the unlikely departure is Evans. He's probably one that might bring a fee, being a full international at a decent age too. 

Can’t see too many being miffed with that one.

Come on @Bbrovers2288 don’t leave us hanging!

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 1

• Backroom

I can't see Evans leaving. He only signed a new contract last season and I doubt he took a wage cut. Remembering the era he was bought in, he's probably on around £15k p/w. The teams in this division able to pay his wage along with some kind of transfer fee are probably going to be looking at better players than an injury-prone crab who rarely if ever contributes to goals, assists or anything else particularly useful. I would love to see Evans go but I just don't see it happening unfortunately.

• Like 2

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Raw. Steve Clarke got a tune out of him but he made Greg Stewart frozen out atBirmingham look great too who then flopped at Aberdeen and has bizzarly turned ion at Rangers. Brophy seems to be a striker whom links up with number 10s well. Quiet against the big sides and record against best the OF not great. Shades of Eoin Doyle for me he joined PNE and has found himself in L2 a couple years later. Not sure he's good enough in honesty for the championship which is a league quickly growing in establisher quality 

Derby and Leeds has scouts last year presuming year looking at him and ODonnell.

killie thoughts in 2018 https://www.killiefc.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4748-eamonn-brophy/

No disrespect to Scottish football; but there's a history of Scottish players, especially forwards, who, in my memory of watching the game, have looked good north of the the border only to disappoint the English clubs who buy them on the strength of their performance in the Scottish leagues.

E.g. Ally McCoist. And in more recent times, will the real David Goodwillie please stand up?!' I'm not saying, "Don't buy Brophy." What I am saying is "Caveat emptor."

• Like 1

Just now, Miller11 said:

Can’t see too many being miffed with that one.

Come on @Bbrovers2288 don’t leave us hanging!

You have to summise that it's somebody who came through the academy.  Nobody would be bothered if either Mulgrew or Evans left!

Guessing Nyambe -after being sidelined for Bennett (bit like the Raya scenario).

Bit more left field could be Magloire after his moment of fame being faster than Mbappe brought him to prominence.

Travis would = meltdown.

Out of the rest of the squad, Armstrong may be the one who could split opinions and actually get a fee.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

I can't see Evans leaving. He only signed a new contract last season and I doubt he took a wage cut. Remembering the era he was bought in, he's probably on around £15k p/w. The teams in this division able to pay his wage along with some kind of transfer fee are probably going to be looking at better players than an injury-prone crab who rarely if ever contributes to goals, assists or anything else particularly useful. I would love to see Evans go but I just don't see it happening unfortunately.

He might if he feels like he's not going to be in the managers plans. 

Just now, m1st said:

No disrespect to Scottish football; but there's a history of Scottish players, especially forwards, who, in my memory of watching the game, have looked good north of the the border only to disappoint the English clubs who buy them on the strength of their performance in the Scottish leagues.

E.g. Ally McCoist. And in more recent times, will the real David Goodwillie please stand up?!' I'm not saying, "Don't buy Brophy." What I am saying is "Caveat emptor."

And we have a history all of our own in the Scottish striker department....Joey Craig-I remember we actually chanted his name with irony-Stokes and the ironically named Goodwillie....so emptor well and truly warned!

Of those who could realistically leave, I would put them in the following catagories

Acceptable leavers 

Evans 

Smallwood

Bennett

Mulgrew 

Would not be happy with them leaving 

Nyambe

Travis

Forget about it

Dack 

Lenihan

I can't see anyone else leaving apart from the above 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Some on twitter saying it might be Bennett leaving. That would be.... Surprising 

I would learn to do a cartwheel just so i could show my true joy if that happened. Him and Smallwood need to go.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
Reason: They make our team weak by being in it... and are in it too often.

1 hour ago, yeti-dog said:

Just been reading the story on Raya to Brentford on the BBC site and was struck by the bit I've pasted below. 

"Head Coach Thomas Frank told the club website: "He is a very good goalkeeper and fits the profile of player that we want at Brentford.

"He can play out from the back and is happy covering the space in behind, allowing us to play with a high line."

I've bolded the last sentence as I'm flummoxed. I never saw this Raya playing for us. Do you think their scouting department have dropped a bollock and got him mixed up with another keeper?

I've never seen a keeper at Rovers with worse distribution. 

• Like 3

On the surface Bennett has it made.

New contract 

Plays every week

Popular in dressing room (seemingly)

Good relationship with fans.

Only reason would be he’s been told he is now down the pecking order...

7 minutes ago, dallydally said:

How about Pontus Johannson from Leeds as centre back? (Apologies if someone has already posted this)

Hes signing for brentford for £5mil. Having a good spend are brentford.

Edited by AAK

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

You have to summise that it's somebody who came through the academy.  Nobody would be bothered if either Mulgrew or Evans left!

Guessing Nyambe -after being sidelined for Bennett (bit like the Raya scenario).

Bit more left field could be Magloire after his moment of fame being faster than Mbappe brought him to prominence.

Travis would = meltdown.

Out of the rest of the squad, Armstrong may be the one who could split opinions and actually get a fee.

My reactions would be something like this...

Mulgrew, Williams, Bell, Evans, Armstrong, Brereton, Chapman, Wharton, Samuel, Nuttall, Davenport, Hart - indifference.

Lenihan, Dack - Grudging acceptance

Bennett, Smallwood - relief

Rothwell, Magloire, Buckley, Butterworth - annoyance

Nyambe, Travis, Graham - Fury

• Like 4

Just now, Mattyblue said:

On the surface Bennett has it made.

New contract 

Plays every week

Popular in dressing room (seemingly)

Good relationship with fans.

Only reason would be he’s been told he is now down the pecking order...

I reckon he has been told he will be first choice right back and captain.

Just now, Miller11 said:

My reactions would be something like this...

Mulgrew, Williams, Bell, Evans, Armstrong, Brereton, Chapman, Wharton, Samuel, Nuttall, Davenport, Hart - indifference.

Lenihan, Dack - Grudging acceptance

Bennett, Smallwood - relief

Rothwell, Magloire, Buckley, Butterworth - annoyance

Nyambe, Travis, Graham - Fury

How would you be more furious about those 3 leaving than Dack or Lenihan?? I would actually be furious if Graham left too the be fair 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

How would you be more furious about those 3 leaving than Dack or Lenihan?? I would actually be furious if Graham left too the be fair 

Because I think if they do leave it will be to Premier League clubs for big money. Obviously I don’t want to see them go as they are our best players, but we are where we are and we wouldn’t be able to stand in their way.

• Like 2