BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

54 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Of those who could realistically leave, I would put them in the following catagories

Acceptable leavers 

Evans 

Smallwood

Bennett

Mulgrew 

Would not be happy with them leaving 

Nyambe

Travis

Forget about it

Dack 

Lenihan

I can't see anyone else leaving apart from the above 

Buckley has previously attracted premiership interest (as an investment)  before he signed a new contract. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think Adam would be the better option now and Buckley off on loan for a season to league 1. 

Do you think Buckley could be a starter next season? Not so sure from what I have seen. I don't think he looks as robust as Travis. 

Completely different players. I think so yep. Fantastic talent. 

• Like 1

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Completely different players. I think so yep. Fantastic talent. 

Ya, different but Buckley just looks weaker. Depends on what formation we play I suppose , but there will be 2-3 positions for 

Johnson 

Travis 

Davenport

Buckley 

Adam

Butterfield 

Smallwood 

Evans 

Something is going to have to give. I actually like the look of the first five names on the list. 

Could Buckley play Dacks role? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, different but Buckley just looks weaker. Depends on what formation we play I suppose , but there will be 2-3 positions for 

Johnson 

Travis 

Davenport

Buckley 

Adam

Butterfield 

Smallwood 

Evans 

Something is going to have to give. I actually like the look of the first five names on the list. 

Could Buckley play Dacks role? 

I'd not be surprised if we loan out Davenport. He needs games after last season and he won't get them here I don't think. Half a season in League One, then assess him again. 

I am not a fan of Evans. He is very limited for me. Smallwood tries, but he's not good enough at the level. But TM seemingly rates both. 

Not seen enough of Buckley really to judge, but Travis and Johnson would be my two in centre midfield. 

I don't see us signing both Adam and Butterfield. And it was Charlie who played the friendly and has had an article on the main website. So you'd expect he'd get the nod over Jacob. I'd prefer the latter personally based on age. 

Then there's Downing to consider. Isn't he central nowadays? Very congested in this area. Something, like you say, must give...

• Like 1

It’s all happening now we have blazed past 333. Mulgrew to Hibernian? Hanley turns down a loan?  Raya off. Defence sorted. We will play with 8 midfielders. Smallwood in goal. 

Edited by bigbrandjohn

I'm not opposed in the slightest to replacing Evans but I'm not comfortable with it being Adam or Butterfield doing it. Both appear to be on their last legs. There is a need for the manager to 'have a look' at them which is never convincing. By all means replace but doing it by handing out a 1 year deal to a 30 odd year old doesn't sit comfortably with me. At least Evan's is only 28 and has some value in his contract.

Just now, JHRover said:

I'm not opposed in the slightest to replacing Evans but I'm not comfortable with it being Adam or Butterfield doing it. Both appear to be on their last legs. There is a need for the manager to 'have a look' at them which is never convincing. By all means replace but doing it by handing out a 1 year deal to a 30 odd year old doesn't sit comfortably with me. At least Evan's is only 28 and has some value in his contract.

Butterfield is 29

Just now, JHRover said:

And got relegated to League Two with Bradford last season.

Ya, that was a bit of an odd loan when you look at the rest of his career. 

Still doesn't change the fact he's practically the same age as Evans and has had arguably a better career. 

I wonder has he had injuries. As is said earlier though, I hadn't heard of him before yesterday. Had you? 

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Can’t see too many being miffed with that one.

Come on @Bbrovers2288 don’t leave us hanging!

Sorry had a long drive, name I got was Travis with some prem interest , mowbray considering to strengthen elsewhere as we are stocked in mids but he is reluctant to sell as he likes him 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Sorry had a long drive, name I got was Travis with some prem interest , mowbray considering to strengthen elsewhere as we are stocked in mids but he is reluctant to sell as he likes him 

That would be disastrous! Serves me right for asking!

That is definitely not AS miffed as Raya - that's furiously miffed. What is it? Our acadamy starts bearing some fruit and we finally get some value into our squad and they sell them all off. 

• Like 1

If true, we need rid of Tony Mowbray asap. He wont last the season as it is... don't let him rip apart our youth 

• Like 2

Just now, JacknOry said:

That is definitely not AS miffed as Raya - that's furiously miffed. What is it? Our acadamy starts bearing some fruit and we finally get some value into our squad and they sell them all off. 

Well before they reach their peak and actualise their potential value. Sounds about right.

• Like 4

That would be disgusting. Let's hope not.

• Like 1

Just now, Miller11 said:

Well before they reach their peak and actualise their potential value. Sounds about right.

Exactly, not even had a full season in the championship yet. We wont get that much for him if they sell him now. Not as much as we would a couple f years down the line once he proves himself to be one of the best in the division in his position.

• Like 2