BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

4 hours ago, OssyLad said:

I reckon it’ll be Williams

There could be something in this. I am lead to understand that Williams was seen training in some random gym in Bolton last week, when the team was in Austria. 

6 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

If this mystery player departure is either Travis or Nyambe then Mowbray should be sacked before it's allowed to happen.

Beyond them two, Dack, Lenihan and Rothwell, we don't really have any more "assets" - but mowbray needs to make sure Bennett's position is safe somehow.

Another day goes boy... even more disillusioned with our manager. Really wish he had been binned off back in April.

My thoughts exactly.

Not exactly up to Duff, Dunn, Jansen standards but on the basis we had 4 or 5 "crown jewels" in Raya Nyambe Travis Lenihan and Dack you have to wonder if it's one down with another one to go with Travis to follow due to him being unhappy about being on peanuts and then to top it off various midfield dross being brought in at ages 32 upwards to potentially push him down the pecking order.

Or could it be Nyambe frustrated at being behind the dreadful Bennett in the pecking order?

Either way I wouldn't be at all surprised to see at least one of them leave whilst you can just see the likes of Mulgrew, Graham, Bennett and Evans sailing merrily on until the end of their contracts.

• Like 2

Just now, AJW said:

Wouldn't miss Evans tbh .... But if his replacement was Charlie Adam I'd be chuffin livid !!

Or Jacob Butterfield! Both not good enough. 

Edited by Butty

Just now, Waggy76 said:

Plenty of people would volunteer for that job!!!

Reckon I could take Smallwood as my co driver and ditch him when he goes for a piss at the services? 

• Like 2

Just now, JonSnow said:

Twitter is a notoriously poor platform to base opinions on, with regards to footballers leaving/joining a club.

Here's the Derby forum views:

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32903-jacob-butterfield/page/2/#comments

Yeah, that’s true. The Derby fans on that forum seem to think there’s something about him.

His career seems to have gone down a David Bentley-esque path... albeit on a smaller scale.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, philipl said:

What has Waggott got to do with Dann?

To quote what you said today:

"Somebody might want Dann back. We are in deepest smelly stuff if Rovers want him back".

If that's the case, Waggott's not in control.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

Been there before - remember Tom Cairney?

Yep exactly my point pal (hope you arent offended by pal like, Jim, the chap who writes crap articles that nobody reads).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

If you had lined up Johnson, Downing and Adam and told me to pick one, I would take Adam. Just seems to be the way it’s going.

Total Shambles this summer so far.

Rubbish, we now have a bit of know how in the midfield, a quality crosser of the ball who can actually bet the first defender and a midfield general who has a nasty streak with some worldly quality about him as well. Now that is a massive upgrade on Conway and Evans/Smallwood!

• Like 5

If we wanted a big young centre half, then Cameron Carter Vickers is available from Spurs. Played 30 games on loan at Swansea last season and has had previous spells at this level. Likely to be cheap I’d of thought. That’s if Mowbray has heard of him. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DanLad said:

There could be something in this. I am lead to understand that Williams was seen training in some random gym in Bolton last week, when the team was in Austria. 

Didn't his wife give birth recently? Think that's why he wasn't in Austria.

• Like 1

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Didn't his wife give birth recently? Think that's why he wasn't in Austria.

Yes it was either on the official site or LET explaining he had been given permission to stay behind for the birth of his first child

• Backroom

To be honest I wouldn't be averse to keeping Williams as a 3rd/4th choice CB. He looked OK there at the tail end of last season - just don't play him at left back. Unfortunately that leaves Bell as our only left back and he can't defend, so, arguably we need two left backs as I wouldn't even want Bell as back up for that position. Goes without saying we will be lucky to get one LB, let alone two, so sadly I think we'll be seeing Bell/Williams as our LB options again next season which will be where any smart team will focus their efforts. 

Edited by DE.

stupid
/ˈstjuːpɪd/
adjective
adjective: stupid; comparative adjective: stupider; superlative adjective: stupidest
  1. 1. 
    having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.
    "I was stupid enough to think she was perfect"
    synonyms: unintelligentignorantdensebrainlessmindlessfoolishdull-witteddullslow-wittedwitlessslow, dunce-like, simple-mindedempty-headedvacuousvapidhalf-wittedidioticmoronic, imbecilic, imbecileobtusedoltishMore
    gulliblenaive;
    informalthick, thick as two short planks, dimdumbdopeydozycrazybarmycretinous, birdbrained, pea-brainedpig-ignorantbovine, slow on the uptake, soft in the head, brain-dead, boneheaded, lamebrained, thickheaded, chuckleheaded, dunderheaded, woodenwooden-headedfat-headed, muttonheaded;
    informaldaft, not the full shilling;
    vulgar slangdumb-ass
    "they're not as stupid as they look"

idiotic
/ɪdɪˈɒtɪk/
adjective
INFORMAL
  1. very stupid.
    "I was able to hum its idiotic theme tune"
    synonyms: stupidsillyfoolishhalf-wittedwitlessbrainlessmindlessthoughtlessimprudentincautiousirresponsibleinjudiciousindiscreetunwiseunintelligentunreasonableMore