BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, K-Hod said:

I think we’ve really missed a trick there with Jansson. Would have been exactly what we need at centre half.

If you could have picked any CB in the Championship to get at a knock down fee - it probably would have been him for sure. The big and ugly defender we desperately need. Leeds captain, so would've bring much needed leadership to our ranks and is a bit of nasty twat on the pitch that hates losing (as him trying to stop that Villa goal showed).

Combine all that with the following stats and you couldnt find anyone more perfect at just 4 million to help our defence:

Statistical beast when compared to other @SkyBetChamp defenders, per 90 minutes. 

2.61 tackles won (1st)
9.3 total duels won (2nd)
2.48 interceptions (3rd)
53.0 accurate passes (5th)

• Like 1

Even stranger for me is the fact that Raya got into the team after Benson had been coaching him, and had a great season in league one leading into last year.

But it's his fault that he didn't get better? Could it not be the other way around that he made him as good as he is?

Pointless and baseless speculation.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 3

Just now, bluebruce said:

What? Where did you hear that? Must be the strangest condition to impose on an incoming manager I've ever heard of.

"You can have the job Tony, but only if you don't replace the goalkeeping coach who never played as a pro goalie. I know it'll be tempting so you need to promise. Hm? Yes you can sell promising young goalkeepers and buy new keepers until you get one who doesn't need coaching, sure."

Sounds very dodgy if true.

Mowbray brought no staff with him apart from Venus and those were the terms. He took on all that still remained at Ewood, Lowe and Benson the most well known.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Even stranger for me is the fact that Raya got into the team after Benson had been coaching him, and had a great season in league one leading into last year.

But it's his fault that he didn't get better? Could it not be the other way around that he made him as good as he is?

Pointless and baseless speculation.

Nothing to do with the other shite keepers we had at that time?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

Carson or Ruddy please. Can't bare having a Dingle cast off.

Gotta be honest, if they’re better than what we have, where they played previously isn’t a big consideration. I’d take Heaton or Pope in a heartbeat. My objection to Hart is that he’s no longer any good & is on big wages.

• Like 4

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Nothing to do with the other shite keepers we had at that time?

?

Good job Benson had been coaching a decent one in Raya in the u23s since 2015 isn't it? How very lucky for him.

Edited by S8 & Blue

I am not going to jump on this blame the GK coach bandwagon - for a bit of context, check out Tyson Fury's trainer Ben Davison who is just 26-years old and is earning rave reviews from everyone in boxing for what he is achieving. He had been nothing more than a amateur boxer previously.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Luckily for Raya he's gone to a club where he is guaranteed to play every game and there are no other goalkeepers who can challenge for a place. He's also been given a promise by their manager that he won't ever be criticised or dropped if he plays poorly. 

Obviously referring to Bauer situation,again, think the jouno was saying that the Preston manager said he would start as one of the back 4 and Mowbray said he would have to fight for his place, not quite a guaranteed place promised, as we all know that can never happen.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Not what I meant or said. Raya became the only viable keeper option.

Well, I thought he was pretty good all told.

Not bad work from Benson there to bring through our first academy keeper that's been coveted since Shay Given...

List of CB's to have moved to other Championship Clubs on either frees or low fee (excluding Tomas Kalas) as we slept through the first month.

Tommy Elphick: Huddersfield (Free)

Pontus Janssen: Brentford (£5.5m)

Yoann Barbet: QPR (Free)

Patrick Bauer: PNE (Free)

Liam Lindsay: Stoke (£2m)

Ethan Pinnock: Brentford (£3m)

Not saying we could compete or have signed them all... but all 6 moved for a combined fee of £10.5m (Our supposed budget!)

Not sure where our fingers have been the past 3 months, but they need pulled out weeks ago.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

What? Where did you hear that? Must be the strangest condition to impose on an incoming manager I've ever heard of.

"You can have the job Tony, but only if you don't replace the goalkeeping coach who never played as a pro goalie. I know it'll be tempting so you need to promise. Hm? Yes you can sell promising young goalkeepers and buy new keepers until you get one who doesn't need coaching, sure."

Sounds very dodgy if true.

But the club is dodgy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I would be more than okay with not getting Gallagher. 5million is not the money we want to be spending on a striker who won't be a guaranteed starter.

It's an improvement on 7M though! :(

Just now, neophox said:

How much money does Brentford have?

Spent about 13 million this window already assuming Pontuss passes his medical. Brought in 35 million so far in sales.

Lots of links for many of their players too, so it would be safe to say that just one of Maupay, Konza, Benrahma, Watkins going would put them even further in the positive. They also made a net profit of 9 million in transfers last season. Safe to say they can afford a bit of spending right now.

Edited by JacknOry

19 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I am not going to jump on this blame the GK coach bandwagon - for a bit of context, check out Tyson Fury's trainer Ben Davison who is just 26-years old and is earning rave reviews from everyone in boxing for what he is achieving. He had been nothing more than a amateur boxer previously.

To be fair, Davison is training the equivalent of Messi, it doesn't take much. 

36 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I think we’ve really missed a trick there with Jansson. Would have been exactly what we need at centre half.

Brentford is in London , which is a big pull for foreign players ..

Also they are probably about sell Maupay to Sheffield United for £22 mill ..

• Like 1