BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

What did Mowbray say?

Something along the lines of Reed not being ready to play central midfield in the championship (he's 24!) & how he needs to learn off Smallwood and Evan's how to play the position because they play it better.

Just now, neophox said:

Harrison Reed seems to leave Southampton. Should we get him?

Of course we should. If we are seriously talking about 5 million for Gallagher then the same for Reed is a no brainer. He would be a ready made asset and deal with our CM issues. Sadly the manager prefers Smallwood over him so doubt he'll be coming. He'll end up somewhere else in the Championship playing CM every week.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Something along the lines of Reed not being ready to play central midfield in the championship (he's 24!) & how he needs to learn off Smallwood and Evan's how to play the position because they play it better.

Mowbray really is a berk if that is true. Reed would be a huge asset if we signed him. 

• Like 4

Probably why Mowbray won’t take us to the next level, he won’t spread his wings with targets. Reed won’t sign because he can’t move up north. One of the posters is correct, Mowbray would never gamble on someone like Jansson. He wouldn’t be strong enough to handle him. 

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

If he said that fucking hell his whole "work into the team" needs to fucking stop

• Like 1

Just now, Tormund said:

Probably why Mowbray won’t take us to the next level, he won’t spread his wings with targets. Reed won’t sign because he can’t move up north. One of the posters is correct, Mowbray would never gamble on someone like Jansson. He wouldn’t be strong enough to handle him. 

I'm not having that. If Man City put an offer on the table he'd move up north. He's a professional footballer with a short career. You go where the money and best opportunities are. 

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

I'm not having that. If Man City put an offer on the table he'd move up north. He's a professional footballer with a short career. You go where the money and best opportunities are. 

Two very good reasons why he won't be coming to us...

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

His missus didn’t like it up there. 

David Marshall has signed for Wigan on a 2 year deal. He Would have been a great signing for us an excellent experienced keeper and on a free which would had enabled us to use the Raya money on the defence.

I find it staggering that we allowed Raya to leave with no replacement sorted, especially as Mowbray has previously spoken about how difficult it can be to sign players as clubs want replacements sorted first.

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

That’s just embarrassing.

Why would Reed ever want to come back? I just hope footballers don’t talk to each other or we might get a reputation. ?

Embarrassing how? 

“Harrison needs to learn a bit of discipline about central midfield in my opinion. Normally I play Smallwood and Evans in the middle of the pitch because they stop the counter-attacks and play their position.

“Harrison is naturally a bundle of energy and runs everywhere, he’s out on the wing, he’s in the box, on the left wing, and the midfield is empty.

Essentially he leaves far too much space behind him because he lacks discipline in midfield. In the same article he praises Reed and says if he plays like he did (match just gone), no reason why he can't start. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Or Harrison Reed

That would be a top signing. Mowbray always seems to run down the players he wants to sign. Chapman and Armstrong got both barrels from him then he signed them. I wonder if Reed is another of the cant play but we’ll sign them brigade

Just now, imy9 said:

Embarrassing how? 

“Harrison needs to learn a bit of discipline about central midfield in my opinion. Normally I play Smallwood and Evans in the middle of the pitch because they stop the counter-attacks and play their position.

“Harrison is naturally a bundle of energy and runs everywhere, he’s out on the wing, he’s in the box, on the left wing, and the midfield is empty.

Essentially he leaves far too much space behind him because he lacks discipline in midfield. In the same article he praises Reed and says if he plays like he did (match just gone), no reason why he can't start. 

That he preferred to start both Evans and Smallwood rather than find a system to incorporate his best XI.

That he thought it a good idea to spout about it in the press in April and all but send Reed back to Southampton.

• Like 2

Just now, imy9 said:

Embarrassing how? 

Yeah and their ability in stopping the opposition's counter-attacks was there for all to see whilst we conceded all those goals last season.. you couldn't make it up. 

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead
Just now, imy9 said:

Embarrassing how? 

It’s embarrassing because Mowbray wanted a superior footballer to learn how to play the position he has always played from two inferior footballers.

I’m surprised that anyone who has ever watched the three players play football needed to have that explained....

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 8

45 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Behold a club that reinvests following sales. What happened when we brought in 30 million from sales?

Some disappeared some was invested back in on mostly shit or pricks with vested interests. I do think things have improved since Mowbray got here, but this is another window and there is still lots remaining to be done. 

Just now, Tormund said:

His missus didn’t like it up there. 

Tough she'll have to get over it. My missus doesn’t like anywhere if I was a footballer and listened to her I’d only be able to play if the game was in my back garden

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversinmyblood said:

A work colleague is a Derby fan and he said that Bradley Johnson is a good signing, but Butterfield is really bad. He had good passing stats only because he  passes sideways all the time. Although he did say he had a good shot on him. I hope that we avoid him like the plague!!

Guaranteed starter then.