BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, geedog13 said:

And while I'm at it ...... reed was a good footballer but in his words 3 months before the end of the season " not even any point now not much to play for is there " 

He said that in public. He really does have a lot to learn then

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It’s embarrassing because Mowbray wanted a superior footballer to learn how to play the position he has always played from two inferior footballers.

I’m surprised that anyone who has ever watched the three players play football needed to have that explained....

Football is a team game - and players need to play to their position. Reed was best on the right wing - TM was right in that Reed wasn't disciplined enough at times to be play in the centre. In no way is Smallwood a better footballer - but does hold is position better.

• Like 2

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Not one mention of a defender.  Even Nixon (who usually bangs the drum about having money to spend) reckons there's not as much as Tony thought. 

Is this the same Nixon who claimed a £50m transfer budget when Venkys took over ?

• Like 1

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Football is a team game - and players need to play to their position. Reed was best on the right wing - TM was right in that Reed wasn't disciplined enough at times to be play in the centre. In no way is Smallwood a better footballer - but does hold is position better.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/135724/Show/Harrison-Reed

He only played 8 times in CM tbf, and it looks like he did alright. Granted I have no idea how those ratings are calculated, but our best performance of the season, the 2-0 win against Derby, came with Reed and Travis in the centre. Evans and Smallwood's "discipline" did nothing for us imo. We would have been better off with Reed there even if he wasn't as robotic and boring as Mowbray would prefer.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Reed was wasted out wide. Rovers always looked a better, more dynamic team when he was in the middle. 

• Like 5

Just now, DE. said:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/135724/Show/Harrison-Reed

He only played 8 times in CM tbf, and it looks like he did alright. Granted I have no idea how those ratings are calculated, but our best performance of the season, the 2-0 win against Derby, came with Reed and Travis in the centre. Evans and Smallwood's "discipline" did nothing for us imo. We would have been better off with Reed there even if he wasn't as robotic and boring as Mowbray would prefer.

Bang on DE, our upturn in form coincided with Reed's return to CM, it's bollocks from Mowbray to suggest he wasn't disciplined enough. I didn't see Smallwood and Evans' discipline gathering us many points during that awful run post January.

• Like 2

Just listened to radio lancs, nixon said we will match gallagher bid and offer him bigger wages. Also said there is a consensus that we arent messing about this window. Sounds like carson being looked at.

32 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Putting this carefully...was not a certain journo thought to be actually in league with a certain Barnet lounge lizard?

And a good few others, he was certainly speaking from behind enemy lines for a while.

Just now, AAK said:

Just listened to radio lancs, nixon said we will match gallagher bid and offer him bigger wages. Also said there is a consensus that we arent messing about this window. Sounds like carson being looked at.

Well that would be incredibly heartening...

But the fact Nixon said it fills me with dread!

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, tomphil said:

Rinse and repeat before too long ?

If Mowbray's plan hasn't come to fruition by the end of next season I can see Nyambe, Travis, Lenihan and Dack being shifted to get back any money spent over the last two windows, leaving us with the likes of Mulgrew, Bennett, Downing, Johnson, Graham, Smallwood, Evans and assorted other players who aren't good enough or too old to make a difference. Right back to where we were in 16/17. 

• Like 2

I'm pro Mowbray but for me his biggest mistake last season was persisting with Smallwood over Reed and others. We won only 1 game of the last 12 games Smallwood played. It took too long but in the end he learned and Smallwood did only play 1 game from 9th of March. 

Full credit to Smallwood for the part he played in the promotion but League One is his level, and I hope he goes this summer, though I expect him to cling on for another season. Bradley Johnson will be a major upgrade. 

Evans shouldn't be a starter but he was probably our best player in the first 10 games, then fading. Don't care if he goes or stay around as a squad player.

• Like 6

Just now, AAK said:

Seems a bit of a character...

31AD84DC-0B36-490A-ADF8-FC71A16655B8.jpeg.383ba1182cde1f55eaf9067b948ce452.jpeg