BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, DE. said:

If Mowbray's plan hasn't come to fruition by the end of next season I can see Nyambe, Travis, Lenihan and Dack being shifted to get back any money spent over the last two windows, leaving us with the likes of Mulgrew, Bennett, Downing, Johnson, Graham, Smallwood, Evans and assorted other players who aren't good enough or too old to make a difference. Right back to where we were in 16/17. 

Don't worry the 20 mill we get for Brereton will cover it.

• Like 2

Just now, AAK said:

Just listened to radio lancs, nixon said we will match gallagher bid and offer him bigger wages. Also said there is a consensus that we arent messing about this window. Sounds like carson being looked at.

53 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Not one mention of a defender.  Even Nixon (who usually bangs the drum about having money to spend) reckons there's not as much as Tony thought. 

Was this the same interview? Those comments seem incompatible (not as much money as Tony thought, but we're not messing around...which we also seem to definitely be doing so far).

Just now, AAK said:

Just listened to radio lancs, nixon said we will match gallagher bid and offer him bigger wages. Also said there is a consensus that we arent messing about this window. Sounds like carson being looked at.

Carson, please no.

I'd rather have Joe Hart.

And he's useless

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

Looks there like the sort you'd expect to find rummaging through your bins at night.

Same paper round as Charlie Adam

33 - thought he was a lot older

E26DA339-E90B-471D-8727-CF47E4CFCE8B.png

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, tomphil said:

Don't worry the 20 mill we get for Brereton will cover it.

Hah, we'll be lucky to get £2m for the lad at this rate let alone £20m. Big season for Brereton next season, he really needs to show what he can do, and Mowbray needs to give him the opportunity to do so. If we get another season like this season where Mowbray shunts him out wide for 15 minute cameos every so often then I think the fans have every right to be heavily critical of the money wasted on that transfer.

• Like 3

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Same paper round as Charlie Adam

33 - thought he was a lot older

E26DA339-E90B-471D-8727-CF47E4CFCE8B.png

Not funny. Shame on you posting pictures of his dad for cheap laughs. ? 

• Like 1

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

I’m telling ya it’s gonna be Joe Hart.

Same. I can’t see past this one.

Wonder what the hold up is. Waiting for a defender to announce him at the same time and soften the blow?

I’d be alright with Joe Hart tbh

Been there, done that etc

Maybe I’ve just forgotten the extent of how utterly shit he was for England

Edited by S8 & Blue

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Carson, please no.

I'd rather have Joe Hart.

And he's useless

Agreeing with both of those opinions, Jim.

I looked on BBC Sport website & noticed that both Boric (So'ton) & Worm (Spurs) are out of contract - if their personal terms aren't exorbitant & they're prepared to play oop North, I'd have either ahead of Carson or Hart 

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I’d be alright with Joe Hart tbh

Been there, done that etc

Maybe I’ve just forgotten the extent of how utterly shit he was for England

I’m thinking about how shit he was for Bumley.

They tanked when he was in goal. But they were used to Heaton and Pope and downgraded to Hart temporarily. Time now, for us, Hart is probably still an upgrade on recent keepers.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Was this the same interview? Those comments seem incompatible (not as much money as Tony thought, but we're not messing around...which we also seem to definitely be doing so far).

Would seem so.  To be fair I gave up listening after the first 15 mins.

What he did say was we seem to have moved away from the buy young to sell for £10 mil down the line model into a ' here and now' approach.  Which in his eyes was more sensible.

Except so far it seems to be a 'been and gone' strategy. 

Take anything Nixon says with a pinch of though.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller