BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

25 minutes ago, J*B said:

Nixon is a lizard.

Doesn’t even try to hide his own personal bias, in one breath called Sam Gallagher a proposition to flip for 3x his fee in twelve months, in the next says buying to develop is a mugs game...! 

Just now, Mike E said:

Christ, he could let goals in through those teeth!

He’s hoping to do for the Chuckle Brothers what Stevie Nicks did for Fleetwood Mac.

Te you te me

4E839809-1AC4-455C-9038-1859FA14859E.jpeg.b0adee239f22f2f23f54f02a0f60ddd1.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

We won’t get better than Hart.

After the sale of Raya and the acquisition of the likes of Downing Adam and Butterfield, Hart' would be one final kick in the knackers for the fans.

Quite possibly the worst keeper I've ever seen . You just have to look at him and everything he does is wrong. How he has even carved out at a career at professional level, let alone play for England is completely beyond me.

Plus, aside from the fact he's garbage, he'd be extremely expensive in terms of wages. I'm sure Dingles fans would think there was a certain symmetry to it though if their Club was paying Hart part of his wage to throw the ball in the back of the net for us.

• Like 3

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

After the sale of Raya and the acquisition of the likes of Downing Adam and Butterfield, Hart' would be one final kick in the knackers for the fans.

Quite possibly the worst keeper I've ever seen . You just have to look at him and everything he does is wrong. How he has even carved out at a career at professional level, let alone play for England is completely beyond me.

Plus, aside from the fact he's garbage, he'd be extremely expensive in terms of wages. I'm sure Dingles fans would think there was a certain symmetry to it though if their Club was paying Hart part of his wage to throw the ball in the back of the net for us.

I'm not his biggest fan but this is a tad extreme.  He has won the league a couple of times....is he better than flowers?

• Like 3

GK and CB massive priority. Then RB competition for Nyambe (not Bennett), then LB competition/upgrade for Bell (not Williams who would be better off as 3rd/4th choice CB). After that, possibly a more ready made striker. No more midfielders please unless we're getting rid of a couple (not Travis).

50 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm not his biggest fan but this is a tad extreme.  He has won the league a couple of times....is he better than flowers?

Definitely not.

Might about  be on a par with John Butcher and Alan Fettis as the worst keepers I've seen imo.

54 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Better than flowers? You pissed or are you taking the piss? Hart is an atrocious keeper. I dont think raya is all that good, but hart would be a downgrade.

• Like 1

I'm massively against Hart.

Not worried one bit about signing an older more experienced keeper but the main criteria for me is someone, finally who can organise a defence and command the box.  That person is most definitely not Hart, he was so bad at it last season he would have took Burnley down had he continued to play.

• Like 2

Mountains more respect for someone like Gallagher seemingly taking a pay cut to drop in to a lower league compared to Rodwell keeping one toe in the door in case he gets a better offer than playing for the man who gave him a chance to kick on.

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Would seem so.  To be fair I gave up listening after the first 15 mins.

What he did say was we seem to have moved away from the buy young to sell for £10 mil down the line model into a ' here and now' approach.  Which in his eyes was more sensible.

Except so far it seems to be a 'been and gone' strategy. 

Take anything Nixon says with a pinch of though.

"here and now" and over 30. :(

Just now, CD_93 said:

Mountains more respect for someone like Gallagher seemingly taking a pay cut to drop in to a lower league compared to Rodwell keeping one toe in the door in case he gets a better offer than playing for the man who gave him a chance to kick on.

Exactly, while some will have qualms against the likes of Adam or Buttercup, at least they are training, trying to win contracts, keep in shape. Rodwell is still on damn holiday. Even if he did decide to sign on again, he has missed so much of the pre-season already and will be well behind others in the team now for a starting spot. What about this new style of play we're working on? Rodwell wont know much about it.

Something tells me TM is keeping the door open as once again, its a fallback option for a would-be CB to replace losing out on Bauer. 

The guy doesn't have the passion for the game anymore - move on.

• Like 2

So the model of ‘young, English talent ‘ has been thrown out after a season to be replaced by bringing in players in their mid 30s? 

Says to me the club has no strategic thinking at all, we are a million miles away from a Brentford.  And/or the club has been badly burned by the Brereton signing...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Don’t fancy Hart myself, lost whatever he had.

But the fella was England number 1 for years, record number of Golden Gloves and a multiple title winner. 

‘One of the worst keepers ever’, ‘worst keeper I’VE EVER SEEN’, ‘worse than Fettis’

Come off it!

Oh aye theres no doubt he's had a decent career, it's gone backwards massively though from the euros onwards. Torino, West Ham and that lot down the road shipped goals for fun with him between the pegs. 

Complete over reaction to Hart, he's had an excellent career and I think he would be a good experienced head for us back there.

He is not as good as he was of course not, but we are certainly not in the market for a keeper in there prime. Look at Friedel when we signed him, nobody would touch him back then after that spell at Liverpool.

However, I very much doubt Hart will be signing. I think it will be someone completely out of left field that we haven't even thought of or been linked with.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

So the model of ‘young, English talent ‘ has been thrown out after a season to be replaced by bringing in players in their mid 30s? 

Says to me the club has no strategic thinking at all, we are a million miles away from a Brentford.  And/or the club has been badly burned by the Brereton signing...

Ah come on, at least acknowledge that they have said repeatedly that they wanted some older heads in the dressing room and on the pitch to help “game management” and guide our squad that’s completely packed with youngsters in every position.

If there is anything that stands out again (which may be impossible for some to accept) we are simply not at the front of any queue, miles behind in scouting and way off able to pay the wages of those joining the top teams in the division.

Its hardly a surprise considering the last 10 years is it. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CD_93 said:

To be fair to Rodwell I suspect that he was on a very low wage last year given what happened at Sunderland. We might  now be offering some sort of increase but it won't be a lot of money relatively speaking. Suspect we're just happy to box off cover and would be quite happy if he accepted whatever we are offering so will leave that offer on the table. 

Doubt we're offering him much at all.

Just now, Biz said:

Ah come on, at least acknowledge that they have said repeatedly that they wanted some older heads in the dressing room and on the pitch to help “game management” and guide our squad that’s completely packed with youngsters in every position.

If there is anything that stands out again (which may be impossible for some to accept) we are simply not at the front of any queue, miles behind in scouting and way off able to pay the wages of those joining the top teams in the division.

Its hardly a surprise considering the last 10 years is it. 

You can’t have one summer/winter where you ONLY bring in English lads under 24 and then another where a load of 33+ are signed. 

‘Future, trading model’ to ‘here and now’ in one transfer window. Its muddled, panicked thinking.

I was not a fan of the purely young model, as these ‘slow builds’ don’t work in this league, so I was delighted with Johnson coming in, but the club is not operating rationally as this window is proving.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Mowbray baffles me at times. He hasn't shut the door on Rodwell who is still on holiday in Australia. I would imagine his fitness levels are well down so he effectively would need 4-6 weeks to get up to speed and then some under 23 games for match fitness. If he signed it could be two months before we saw him in the first team squad.

This genial, favourite Uncle Tony nonsense has gone on too long. He needs to get tougher with people who mess us about or aren't good enough.

• Like 8