BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Where’s the conspiracy? 

Dysfunctional club still dysfunctional is the crux of it.

In some ways, yes. However saying the policy of signing young players is out the window, suggests that was the plan this summer and it was changed.  Wheras I think we all agree we needed more experience. Plus, the window is still open!

7 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The only thing I'd say about Hart is that when a poor defence is in front of him he has never really done well. See West Ham and Burnley for that.

He isn't one to really take a big grip of the players, talk them through the game. By all accounts Heaton saved Burnley's season last year and had Hart continued they'd have been in real trouble. Great shot stopper though.

If we bring in the calibre of Joe Hart then I would suggest we'd be a more attractive proposition to defenders, especially young up and coming players. For the sake of my sanity I hope we sign a centre back. How many more windows do we need to go through before fixing our back 4? This is a story way older than Mowbray, it's been seen the takeover. 

Hart worries me a bit. You can even see his personality on the panel when surrounded by stronger characters like Roy Keane and Gary Neville. He does be like a little nervous boy! 

Evans, Smallwood, Davenport, Adam, Butterfield, Johnson, Travis and possibly Rodwell. Can't wait for our revolutionary 1-8-1 formation opening day. 

Seriously though, as I have said a few times, something has to give here. I have a sneaking feeling Evans and Smallwood will leave

I think Rodwells offer should have been given a deadline, take it or leave it.  It makes no sense to me that pre-season has started and he is over in Australia. I wouldn't go crazy if he re-signs ,but he hasn't done himself any favours. He would really need to put performances in and quickly. If he signs somewhere else I think we might look a bit silly, the fact we were waiting for his answer. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Hart worries me a bit. You can even see his personality on the panel when surrounded by stronger characters like Roy Keane and Gary Neville. He does be like a little nervous boy! 

Well he wouldn't have to worry about strong characters here.

Jack Rodwell can take the road for me. I don't know how he operates but I wouldn't be in the business of sunning myself on holiday whilst clubs waited for my answer. He's clearly hanging on for something better but it won't be forthcoming. We gave the lad a chance after his character got well and truly torn apart at Sunderland and he repays us by behaving in the way he has.

Besides, part of me feels like if he signs Mowbray will think we have depth in defence, and Rodwell is a pretty average defender. He's far better in midfield and as back up to Johnson and Travis would be a decent player. I can't shake off the way he's acted though and think we can get players who actually want to be here, want to be part of the squad and better the club for just as cheap as we can get him

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Evans, Smallwood, Davenport, Adam, Butterfield, Johnson, Travis and possibly Rodwell. Can't wait for our revolutionary 1-8-1 formation opening day. 

Seriously though, as I have said a few times, something has to give here. I have a sneaking feeling Evans and Smallwood will leave

I think Rodwells offer should have been given a deadline, take it or leave it.  It makes no sense to me that pre-season has started and he is over in Australia. I wouldn't go crazy if he re-signs ,but he hasn't done himself any favours. He would really need to put performances in and quickly. If he signs somewhere else I think we might look a bit silly, the fact we were waiting for his answer. 

The relief on 80% of Blackburn Rovers football club would be outstanding if both of them were to leave. It would make me a very happy person. Harsh but true.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

The relief on 80% of Blackburn Rovers football club would be outstanding if both of them were to leave. It would make me a very happy person. Harsh but true.

It would be progress, for sure. I think we have enough alternate options to do it. 

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

I wouldn't be ecstatic to see the back of them but I'd say Travis and Johnson are a better partnership, and if Davenport and Buckley are due a step up this year it's not the end of the world. Maybe a replacement squad player would have to be brought in for if the young lads don't cut the grade

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

As I’ve said, glad they’ve moved away from ‘plan A’, many of us knew it was a daft plan to start with.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again - There is a certain “arrogance” that comes across when posters/fans make assumptions like this - as if you or I are privy to their actual plan!

Especially when it’s put into a context of “im glad they’re doing what I said they should’ve done..!”

Theres nothing wrong with criticising the actions and decisions made, but please understand, if you’re going to make assumptions based on your perceptions of “the plan”, accept that others (like me) may think you’ve not the knowledge or connections to make that judgement!

Especially when there are holes in the idea that we’ve shifted from young to old in 12 months, when you remember Jack Rodwell last summer and our first recruit this year (Hilton).

• Like 1

Hart surely has enough left for Championship level football with less spotlight on him he seemed to crumble a bit at top level mentally. Never been a huge fan simply because I never thought he was England material he was always a bit of a James mk 2 but like him there's no denying he has good ability.

Wouldn't want them paying silly wages for him though.

• Like 2

Not sure on Hart. His career has derailed fairly spectacularly over the last few years.

Not sure if he'd have any kind of return to form here with what would be in front of him, although it might be the thing he needs as he would be more the "main man" if he came.

In any case, I'd rather not take the risk as the number 1 keeper slot is a vital position to fill.

Hilton was brought in for the U23s, so has no relevance for this discussion. Rodwell was brought in on a short term deal.

Just like you I have no connections and never said I did. It’s an online forum and IN MY OPINION, I’m glad we are SEEMINGLY moving away from predominantly signing young English players.  Poor value for money and extremely risky in terms of return in investment and as a club you chase your tail, never progressing, as you wait for said players to develop, your top players move on and you are back to square one.

Only ever want the best for my beloved Blackburn Rovers, so frankly I’m not particularly arsed if a fella called ‘Biz’ on an obscure forum for football nerds think that makes me ‘arrogant’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

Just now, blondie said:

Hart a complete NO. Burnley fans hoping Hart can finish off what Coyle started.

Stupid statement. We would be lucky to get a keeper the quality of Joe Hart.  I doubt he'd play bottom half championship football though.

• Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Hilton was brought in for the U23s, so has no relevance for this discussion. Rodwell was brought in on a short term deal.

Just like you I have no connections and never said I did. It’s an online forum and IN MY OPINION, I’m glad we are SEEMINGLY moving away from predominantly signing young English players.  Poor value for money and extremely risky in terms of return in investment and as a club you chase your tail, never progressing, as you wait for said players to develop, your top players move on and you are back to square one.

Only ever want the best for my beloved Blackburn Rovers, so frankly I’m not particularly arsed if a fella called ‘Biz’ on an obscure forum for football nerds think that makes me ‘arrogant’.

Thinner skin than Trump.

You know, suggesting an opinion is arrogant is slightly different to calling someone a name?

As I’ll say for the final time. Some notion that the club has “changed” tact purely based on one previous transfer “going wrong” sounds stupid to me, that’s my opinion.

Do we agree on certain things, cons of bringing just youth in? Yes, certainly. But I don’t think signing Johnson and Downing is some acceptance that previous measures hadn’t worked. 

Who’s called who a name? 

‘Thin skin?’ ‘Trump’ I don’t rise to the personal stuff you like stirring up with posters like blueboy, so don’t bother.

Good, I’m glad you think that it was a flawed policy, and thankfully Waggott/Mowbray/owners or a combination do too.

Edited by Mattyblue

4 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I wouldn't be ecstatic to see the back of them but I'd say Travis and Johnson are a better partnership, and if Davenport and Buckley are due a step up this year it's not the end of the world. Maybe a replacement squad player would have to be brought in for if the young lads don't cut the grade

Exactly. It just seems a waste of wages on CE & RS. They need to go.

19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He was given a deadline - shock the initial words have been changed.....again

41 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Well he incorporated Travis into the team, who clearly knew the position and played it the way Tony wanted. Reed is a loanee player, so I'm glad Travis was used there more than Reed anyway! 

He had no choice with Travis. Early in the season he barely got into the squad. He played against Sheffield United on December 28th because Evans was rested having played at Leeds two days earlier. Smallwood got sent off at Sheffield and Travis put in arguably the performance of the season against West Brom on New Years Day. In the next few games Travis was outstanding and contributed a lot to a winning run. I don't for one minute believe that Travis would have got much game time if Smallwood had been available. In fact I think Travis would have been sent out on loan in January but for Smallwoods stupidity.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

So some nice moves upwards.

Interesting you mentioned Mosely I have vague memories of watching him for Brighton v Utd in the cup final as a kid but I'd no idea until now he started at Rovers.

Which is where the 'Harry Berry thread' is going to be so interesting in reminding each of us who has worn the famous blue & white halves. Or a Rovers' keeper's jersey. So many names!??

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Who’s called who a name? 

‘Thin skin?’ ‘Trump’ I don’t rise to the personal stuff you like stirring up with posters like blueboy, so don’t bother.

Good, I’m glad you agree that it was a flawed policy, and thankfully Waggott/Mowbray/owners or a combination do too.

I don’t agree at all. I think the momentum of our u23s and the difficult of paying top championship wages means recruiting and developing for the squad isn’t as simple as “oh, young lads didn’t work last year, let’s get some older heads”

From my perspective- common sense says plan is far more complex than that. 

Edited by Biz
  • Like 1