BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Biz said:

I don’t agree at all. I think the momentum of our u23s and the difficult of paying top championship wages means recruiting and developing for the squad isn’t as simple as “oh, young lads didn’t work last year, let’s get some older heads”

From my perspective- common sense says plan is far more complex than that. 

Some and I am not putting @Mattyblue in this category, are adamant they have it all figured out even though there is loads of the window remaining.  They will complain about who we are linked with until they sign for someone else and then the player will immediately become great and Mowbray will be at fault. They will say we have no money, just like last summer, then when we spend it, some will concoct a new narrative to save face. 

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

It was, same deadline as Conway plus Mowbray issued a sort of warning to both to make their minds up. Conway did and left.

I think we just assumed the contract end date was the deadline.

At this point, I just don't see how we need him anyway 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Some and I am not putting @Mattyblue in this category, are adamant they have it all figured out even though there is loads of the window remaining.  They will complain about who we are linked with until they sign for someone else and then the player will immediately become great and Mowbray will be at fault. They will say we have no money, just like last summer, then when we spend it, some will concoct a new narrative to save face. 

Or alternatively, some will say that TM has it all worked out and we should get behind the lads, however rubbish a job we think he's done.

My post is as pointless as yours! :)

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Only ever want the best for my beloved Blackburn Rovers. . .

? Don't we all?

Glad to see I'm not the only one to use the club's full name, Matty! I find it provokes some sad expressions, especially on the faces of women friends!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Be very interesting to see how Raya does next season with a decent defender in front of him.

I hope Raya has a thick skin as he’ll get plenty of stick from Pontus if he makes an error. I remember him tearing a strip of the young Leeds keeper last season after Lenihan’s goal. I’m astonished that Leeds have let him go. There must be a story there.

Just now, 47er said:

Or alternatively, some will say that TM has it all worked out and we should get behind the lads, however rubbish a job we think he's done.

My post is as pointless as yours! :)

No, some will look at things rationally and realise the window isn't closed. 

I was replying directly to Biz anyway. Keep scrollin! 

Just now, tonygreenbank said:

I hope Raya has a thick skin as he’ll get plenty of stick from Pontus if he makes an error. I remember him tearing a strip of the young Leeds keeper last season after Lenihan’s goal. I’m astonished that Leeds have let him go. There must be a story there.

Fell out with Beisla basically. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/real-reason-marcelo-bielsa-axed-17490960

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Think you are giving the club far too much credit in having a coherent, long term plan myself, but that’s your prerogative...

Oh, see now that’s something I haven’t actually said.

Do I think having to wait till May to go to India and agree budgets is a good strategy? No.

Do I think that the owners/pascha are completely ignoring “advice” or we have a perfect structure? No.

If I’m looking at the previous two seasons, I do think it’s a overly critical to suggest there is “chaos” in our recruitment or a constant shift of plan? Yes.

I just don’t think we can offer as much money, or are as attractive of a proposition to players as some might hope. That’s more down to current context of our club, position, debt etc- not down to Tony “too nice” Mowbray!

• Like 2

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

It was, same deadline as Conway plus Mowbray issued a sort of warning to both to make their minds up. Conway did and left.

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

On the LT will have a dig! 

Had a dig, didn't find anything about a deadline, so you maybe want to provide the link? So much stuff here presented as facts with no sources.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17697020.tony-mowbray-update-on-jack-rodwells-rovers-contract-talks/

• Like 1

No, some will look at things rationally and realise the window isn't closed. 

I was replying directly to Biz anyway. Keep scrollin! 

Keep on trashing your fellow fans.

28 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Who’s called who a name? 

‘Thin skin?’ ‘Trump’ I don’t rise to the personal stuff you like stirring up with posters like blueboy, so don’t bother.

Good, I’m glad you think that it was a flawed policy, and thankfully Waggott/Mowbray/owners or a combination do too.

Gentlemen, Just a thought,  plan A,B,C or D, etc, none of us really know what the manger wanted or wants, any of you played poker, maybe that's what Mowbray is doing,  trying to get the better player but sometimes he is out pokered by money he thinks can be better served somewhere else on a different position, (waiting for sarcasm)

• Like 1

Doesn't sound like he did much 

Well there is also this but not sure how credible:

You'll have to click it as he goes on more about in a sequence of replies.

• Like 1

Just now, EgyptianPete said:

Gentlemen, Just a thought,  plan A,B,C or D, etc, none of us really know what the manger wanted or wants, any of you played poker, maybe that's what Mowbray is doing,  trying to get the better player but sometimes he is out pokered by money he thinks can be better served somewhere else on a different position, (waiting for sarcasm)

Precisely.

The presumption on a theory really gets my goat :)