BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Good luck to him and hope he becomes a success at Ewood.

But in the football mad North east, if he was that good why didn't the likes of Sunderland or Middlesbrough snap him up?

How would you explain Shearer starting his career at Southampton? or Bryan Robson at West Brom? Bobby Charlton at Man Utd? Carrick at West Ham? Beardsley at Carlisle? 

Edited by deryck guyler's spoon
  • Like 5

• Backroom
21 minutes ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

How would you explain Shearer starting his career at Southampton? or Bryan Robson at West Brom? Bobby Charlton at Man Utd? Carrick at West Ham? Beardsley at Carlisle? 

Dunn at Burnley...

On 07/07/2019 at 11:53, Bbrovers2288 said:

As I said Friday, we have deals in place for three keepers ranging from loans with high wages to free transfers. I think we will have one by Wednesday. Darlow was never a go-er as I said due to Newcastle’s current situation manager wise. 

Gallagher deciding over weekend between us and Wigan, will be decided tomorrow who he has chosen.

i don’t believe the dann links have much substance. But we are working on a prem league defender loan and we are far down the road on that one. 

Adams wasn’t a consideration until mowbray liked what he saw in training and now considering. 

Smallwood has league one options and there Looks to be another slightly unexpected departure. Few might be as miffed as raya with that one. 

I still wish there was a move for Lowe or Maddison but nothing yet. 

@Bbrovers2288 how’s this going mate? Any updates?

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

@Bbrovers2288 how’s this going mate? Any updates?

Not much to be honest, Gallagher told Wigan he wasn’t willing to join them Monday, he would join us, mowbray wants him but believe there is still a way to go with fee with Southampton. Still expect this one to be done.

gk deals are in place but again they are heavy wages involved , mowbray can’t pull trigger until he knows what pot he is pissing in . There is an a option A and a B option depending on shifting on some deadwood. Trouble being these players aren’t gathering much attention and those that are can’t compete with silly wages we gave out last year with new contracts. Might have to loan players out and pay some of the wages just to recoup some money back. 

Travis interest was from Norwich  and Bournemouth but believe mowbray has vetoed that before any bid has came in. 

Not an awful lot moving the now, even loans are proving difficult to complete. Won’t start going until clubs return from training camps and managers decide who is staying for 25 man squad and who needs shipped out.

Sorry it’s not great news on the new faces front, mowbray is feeling severely frustrated blaming agents and clubs for being too greedy 

• Like 7

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not much to be honest, Gallagher told Wigan he wasn’t willing to join them Monday, he would join us, mowbray wants him but believe there is still a way to go with fee with Southampton. Still expect this one to be done.

gk deals are in place but again they are heavy wages involved , mowbray can’t pull trigger until he knows what pot he is pissing in . There is an a option A and a B option depending on shifting on some deadwood. Trouble being these players aren’t gathering much attention and those that are can’t compete with silly wages we gave out last year with new contracts. Might have to loan players out and pay some of the wages just to recoup some money back. 

Travis interest was from Norwich  and Bournemouth but believe mowbray has vetoed that before any bid has came in. 

Not an awful lot moving the now, even loans are proving difficult to complete. Won’t start going until clubs return from training camps and managers decide who is staying for 25 man squad and who needs shipped out.

Sorry it’s not great news on the new faces front, mowbray is feeling severely frustrated blaming agents and clubs for being too greedy 

If that’s true then Mowbray has made a rod for his own back. No use blaming “greedy agents and clubs” when he has handed out ridiculous contracts to players he wants to get rid of 12 months later.

We are mean to have the same budget as last year - which patently isn’t true. Yet we are looking to spend money we don’t have buying another striker when we urgently need a goalkeeper and a centre back first.

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

If that’s true then Mowbray has made a rod for his own back. No use blaming “greedy agents and clubs” when he has handed out ridiculous contracts to players he wants to get rid of 12 months later.

We are mean to have the same budget as last year - which patently isn’t true. Yet we are looking to spend money we don’t have buying another striker when we urgently need a goalkeeper and a centre back first.

Good that he blocked any move for Travis though 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Thanks you.

Im happy with the Sam Gallagher situation and had similar info re him turning Wigan down (wasn’t about money). I think we’re right to dig in for the best deal possible. Still think that will happen this week.

I know one of the clubs who fancy Smallwood (assuming he’s the main culprit) along with maybe Evans. The money isn’t massive tbh. But it’s a little rich for League 1. They’re just hanging on (like we are with Gally) for a better deal.

Great news about Travis. I never doubted it because I know how much they love him, Buckley, Butterworth and Magloire. The appointment of Jonty into the first team set up is absolute genius in terms of bridging their (and others) transition into first XI.

Sounds like the budget is similar but with us targeting higher profile players with championship experience, the wages are soaking up cash much quicker than last season. 

Thanks again for sharing. Try not to get your cover blown mate. You’re pitching this perfectly but they don’t like stuff getting out. Even when you’re as balanced as you are! ??

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Good luck to him and hope he becomes a success at Ewood.

But in the football mad North east, if he was that good why didn't the likes of Sunderland or Middlesbrough snap him up?

From what I gather he's been unlucky with injuries which may explain why he's a late starter in terms of securing a decent move.

OR

We may have signed a crock, but I'm thinking positive.

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The fat new contracts for Evans et al biting him on the arse, as expected.

If only ‘negative brfcs’ had just ‘trusted the manager’ when he was doling them out.

Exactly.

I’m also finding it quite amusing that people are now using Travis as a reason to celebrate Mowbray’s influence yet when I was promoting him and complaining when he was left out for Evans and Smallwood folks were telling me that Mowbray knows best.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

All I want from this window now is a goalkeeper,  and at least one (ideally two) centre back.

If we sign Gallagher (or anyone else), fine but we need those 2 positions filling.

I think we need the two. Absolute nightmare if Graham is injured early on. Shouldn't be a matter of one or the other.

How can Mowbray not know which pot he is pissing in Bbrovers2288?  He's been given a budget and just sold Raya. 

Get the feeling that TM in the transfer market is like when your nan would give you 20p to get a bag of chips.  Then you had to patiently point out that chips were now a quid, while she sat there flabbergasted. 

A lot said at the time that those contract extensions were bonkers.  Now we struggle to get the deadwood off the books...again.  Trust Tony.

• Like 6

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The fat new contracts for Evans et al biting him on the arse, as expected.

If only ‘negative brfcs’ had just ‘trusted the manager’ when he was doling them out.

3694948F-D8D0-4FEA-BB73-447BB5F0CEB0.jpeg

TOTAL COMMITMENT.... for 6 months, then we won't want him anymore. 

Just now, DE. said:

3694948F-D8D0-4FEA-BB73-447BB5F0CEB0.jpeg

TOTAL COMMITMENT.... for 6 months, then we won't want him anymore. 

He got a really good wage packet to commit. Fans got a price rise.

Yeah, not quite the same is it Steve?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Goalkeeper and defence are the priority. Even if Venkys aren't putting money in this summer there's the Raya cash plus what was left over from January.

No excuses. Sick of hearing it. 

• Like 3

For those criticising the contracts given out, have you forgotten when for around 2/3 seasons, we would finish the end of the year with hardly a match day squad still on the cards? The squad then needed quite a few new faces, inevitably bolstered by loans, which resulted in the same situation the following year. Players were leaving at the end of contracts or final 12 months, meaning it was hard to get any value out of them.

Whilst bigger wages and renewed contracts may mean we are stuck with a couple of players (for which interest is not guaranteed anyway) I would rather be in this position than losing the likes of King & Mahoney on frees, while 4 members of the first team leave every year due to their loan ending.

• Like 5

The doubt with this White kid is that he’s turned down playing first team football to play in the U23s. If he was good enough then you would think a club in L2 would have snapped him up to play first team football.

I’d rather see one of the younger lads get promoted rather than backfill the academy with 22 year olds coming in who realistically won’t make it.

Said all along, the keeper will be a free and the defender will be a last minute loan just to say he got one in.

Probably names out of left field that we have never been linked with and would never have thought of.

I think next season could be an utter shambles.

• Like 1

Just now, alex l said:

For those criticising the contracts given out, have you forgotten when for around 2/3 seasons, we would finish the end of the year with hardly a match day squad still on the cards? The squad then needed quite a few new faces, inevitably bolstered by loans, which resulted in the same situation the following year. Players were leaving at the end of contracts or final 12 months, meaning it was hard to get any value out of them.

Whilst bigger wages and renewed contracts may mean we are stuck with a couple of players (for which interest is not guaranteed anyway) I would rather be in this position than losing the likes of King & Mahoney on frees, while 4 members of the first team leave every year due to their loan ending.

No problem with players being signed up.

The issue here was they were handed out far too early in the season, when we were on a decent run of form/full of promotion momentum.

In the new year, as form dipped, it was clear Mulgrew, as an example, was struggling at this level. Therefore signing him up to 2021, on presumably some of the biggest wages in the club, months previously was a ridiculous state of affairs.

Why the rush to sign up Evans/Smallwood/Bennett/Mulgrew so early before they’d had chance to see if they are up to the required level? I doubt clubs were falling over themselves to check their availability in September.

Very poor planning and as said on here, ‘we’ll pay for it in the summer’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Said all along, the keeper will be a free and the defender will be a last minute loan just to say he got one in.

Probably names out of left field that we have never been linked with and would never have thought of.

I think next season could be an utter shambles.

Raya is the only first team player we have lost and we’re yet to see his replacement. I agree that if we don’t get a decent keeper through the door then we’re struggling but otherwise, the squad is stronger than last season at this stage. Bradley Johnson certainly improves us. 

Are we ready for a promotion push, probably not but I don’t think we should write off next season just yet.

• Like 1

Just now, alex l said:

Yes, again I’m not sure what else you can do when you go up. There’s a potential that some players were working towards those increased deals. Plus, you still need consistency in any squad.

I don’t think there’s any suggestion that we won’t sign the GK, CB and CF we need. It sounds like we’re just trying to get the best deal.

In relation to Travis. I always find it amusing when posters on here almost claim him as their own over Mowbray who was responsible for giving him his debut and playing him pretty much every week since the turn of the year.

Edited by Paul Mani

Depressing read this morning.

IMO, it's simple - we have a manager who doesn't know the market and hasn't a clue how to work it.

As others have posted, Mowbray has made a rod for his own back.  IMO, spunked away £7million+ and wages on Brereton, handed out new contracts to deadwood we are now trying to shift and seemingly is now frustrated as 'agents and players and agents are too greedy' (a bit rich as I think he's helped fuel it with his own actions).

He has a budget - at least we are told that so for feck sake, get on and manage it.  Start with priorities (GOALKEEPER(s) & DEFENDERS) and forget both the Gallagher nonsense (IMO a 3 out of 10 striker to replace a 1 out of 10 striker who has seemingly financially hamstrung us) and a desire to collect ageing and not inexpensive midfielders.

I think the chickens are coming are to roost and Mowbray's ineffectual management and trading of playing resources is costing us badly. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, alex l said:

Mowbray admitted that most of the new contracts were given as rewards for promotion. I just don't see how we were protecting our interests by giving the likes of Smallwood, Evans, Williams and Mulgrews new deals.

• Like 1