BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

More wealthy than the chicken chokers ?

2 to 3 billion remember !

Even though no ones hardly heard of them outside of a mile away from their front gates.

32 minutes ago, 47er said:

Incredible that TM doesn't cop more flack than he does. Charmed life.

That’s because most people use both pros and cons to analyse a scenario, and for all the arguments behind lack of defensive recruits - he’s pretty much turned the Rao’s and Coyles mess around to a position where playoffs look like the expectation!

Balance is great mate :) 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Plus John Angus, Jimmy Robson, John Talbut, Ray Pointer, Gordon Harris, Trevor Steven, even the likes of  Stan Ternent,  they had a conveyor belt of players coming down from the North East. Once that stopped it was down hill all the way.

I've remembered - Jack Hixon was the name of Burnley's north east scout. He also found Shearer too - recommended him to Southampton.

All those great players - and very few played for Newcastle!

Burnley tribute to Hixon here

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/feat/edb4/a_farewell_to_jack_hixon_478161/index.shtml

Rovers had a NE scout too - but we ended up with Dick Mulvaney and Billy Wilson, though Billy to be fair was a good player

Edited by jim mk2

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Ah.....thanks!

Not theorising there's anything dodgy just assuming that's why he's always linked especially by Nixon.  Think they use Rovers to publicise their man quite a bit.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Not theorising there's anything dodgy just assuming that's why he's always especially by Nixon.  Think they use Rovers to publicise their man quite a bit.

Links between Nixon and certain agents was a theme a while back. More than just a link with one-apparently!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Someone start a rumour

I mean the only way it will be believable is if it’s someone who used too play for us, used too play for Middlesbrough or is simply born in the North East of England. The money we spent investing in this European scouting system is reaping the rewards! ;) 

Just now, Butty said:

I mean the only way it will be believable is if it’s someone who used too play for us, used too play for Middlesbrough or is simply born in the North East of England. The money we spent investing in this European scouting system is reaping the rewards! ;) 

ROVERS. Going back in for Stuart Ripley. Age a concern and deal may prove difficult. Bit in paper.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 5

Just now, Butty said:

Jordan Rhodes trial. Ex player, ex Boro and Mowbray thought he seemed like a lovely lad on Norwich's bench last season. Wants to see him on the grass first. 

42 minutes ago, Biz said:

That’s because most people use both pros and cons to analyse a scenario, and for all the arguments behind lack of defensive recruits - he’s pretty much turned the Rao’s and Coyles mess around to a position where playoffs look like the expectation!

Balance is great mate :) 

Play offs look like the expectation? Are u having a late night on the booze?

1 minute ago, mick said:

https://www.tugascout.com/news/2019/7/9/nottingham-forest-recruiting-from-the-primeira-liga-will-it-prove-a-success

Not Rovers related but interesting to see what other clubs, with whom we are competing, are doing this transfer window. It was sent to me by a friend who is a long time Forest fan. 

Tugascout, interesting website name. I mean, I would, if it'd get one of them to spot a beast of a CB for us. Just hope I wouldn't then have to do TM and Waggot too.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mick said:

https://www.tugascout.com/news/2019/7/9/nottingham-forest-recruiting-from-the-primeira-liga-will-it-prove-a-success

Not Rovers related but interesting to see what other clubs, with whom we are competing, are doing this transfer window. It was sent to me by a friend who is a long time Forest fan. 

So basically trying to emulate Wolves success with the Portugese lot? For what it's worth the Primeira league is pretty damn awful too bar the top few teams and diving is ridiculous. 

8 hours ago, CD_93 said:

Well that's incredibly self deprecating given Dack and Graham both scored 15 goals in the Championship last season.

Though we'll probably sell them both to bolster the midfield before long.

So you agree ... Spending 5m on a striker that wouldn't really improve us isn't at good return ???