BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

1 hour ago, ChickenBolty said:

"Mr Minimum". What an insult that is. 

I think you forget the state of the moral of the squad, fans and entire community before he was appointed. I for one, can say that it finally feels like being a Blackburn Rovers fan again and it's took some years to feel that way. 

The owners clearly trust him and this has shown by the significant transfer fees he has had since taking over. 

I think his biggest downfall was spending the money on Bretherton. If that transfer didn't happen I think the general consensus of the fan base would be that last season was a success. However, unfortunately (and understandably) people felt that money could have been used to strengthen other areas of the squad. 

The grass isn't always greener and for me and I don't think there is many managers out there who care as much for their club as Tony does for us. 

Spot on. He isn't a coaching genius but his man-management is right up there & that got us promoted out of a division that the likes of Leeds, Sheff Utd and now Sunderland have found out isn't a walk in the park, however big you are. 

We both know last season was not bare minimum touch and go 'survival' but some twist the truth to suit their agenda. These people need to look up the definition of 'support'. 

• Like 4

Just now, windymiller7 said:

They've just signed pontus jansson from Leeds, so assume, unlike us, they signed a replacement before letting him leave!

Or maybe Janssen was the replacement for Mepham who joined Bournemouth in January? It's hard to know seeing as they are selling so many players 

Just now, pick32 said:

Just looking at ins and outs I don’t think Brentford are any better of than last season especially if they sign Gallagher to replace Maupay.

Now now you won't get any traction here with that kind of talk. Brentford are the model club and we could only dream of being like them. Apparently. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Someone did come up with stats on how we fared with Mulgrew in the team compared to when he wasn't - I remember it being quite grim reading to be honest. 

It was. I don't recall exact numbers, but we won more total points in the games where Mulgrew didn't play than the ones where he did - and he played in something like twice as many games as he missed.

When you consider how many goals he scored, too...that's some seriously bad defending that went on in the games he played. Could be coincidence, but my eyes suggest it wasn't.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

It was. I don't recall exact numbers, but we won more total points in the games where Mulgrew didn't play than the ones where he did - and he played in something like twice as many games as he missed.

When you consider how many goals he scored, too...that's some seriously bad defending that went on in the games he played. Could be coincidence, but my eyes suggest it wasn't.

Thats why it makes no sense when people say we will miss his goals. Obviously not if he only scores in games we lose anyway.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Thats why it makes no sense when people say we will miss his goals. Obviously not if he only scores in games we lose anyway.

It's really a shame we can't just wheel him on for his set pieces. He'd probably be a 3-5 million pound player even at his age if we could!

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

Just now, JacknOry said:

Fair comments. I do remember seeing the post, but don't recall any of the stats from it. If we can bring in a defender who - on the whole - doesn't make silly mistakes and can largely keep the ball away from the back of the net, we'll improve. 

In terms of set pieces, I'm sure there'll be someone else on our books who can step up and take them. Surely Dack and Rothwell have the technique to be able to test the keeper from a dangerous position. 

Just now, rickard said:

Just a random though, what do you guys think we could have gotten for Alan Shearer in today's market? I mean, clubs buy 4th choice keepers for more than we got for him back in the day.

Under the same circumstances? I.e. we have recently been champions of England & had Shearer in his prime?

Basically as much as Kane would cost in the current market, comfortably in the hundreds of millions, 

• Like 1

Just now, rickard said:

Just a random though, what do you guys think we could have gotten for Alan Shearer in today's market? I mean, clubs buy 4th choice keepers for more than we got for him back in the day.

Well if they are talking 70mil for Lukaku, then shearer is worth at least 3 billion quid in todays market

• Like 5

Just now, rickard said:

At least 10 times what we got for him. Possibly a world record fee. Wouldn't be far off it anyway. 

We would probably get 50 million for Le Saux! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoverKyle said:

Taking the popular opinion that Lenihan is our best defender (I agree by the way), what was our record like when both Mulgrew and Lenihan played?

I'm not questioning that we need to replace Mulgrew to kick on, but I'm not fully convinced he's completely done either. Just wondered whether there were any glaring stats suggesting we didn't improve as much as you'd expect when Lenihan came back from injury and it was in fact when Mulgrew was dropped for Williams that we started to improve. 

I appreciate I could look this up (although I don't have time), but I feel like someone might've done some analysis on this previously.

Lenihan is our best defender, but he's clumsy and has a massive mistake in him. He's not a stand out player by any means - we could do with improving both CBs if at all possible.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, rickard said:

95 million to Newcastle or 125 million to Man Yoo....

• Like 5

Just now, rickard said:

Neymar went for £200m and he's not fit to shine Shearer's shoes, so name your price as the selling club.

• Like 3

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Daily Mirror reporter is saying that we've agreed a loan to buy offer for Joe Hart.

Just awaiting personal terms.

If thats true it will certainly devide opinion on here, but damm its a fair statement of intent if we do.

Get an arm around him and rebuild his confidence and we have a world class goalie far to good for this level

• Like 4

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Daily Mirror reporter is saying that we've agreed a loan to buy offer for Joe Hart.

Just awaiting personal terms.

That's the guy who only joined twitter yesterday isn't it? Also said we have made another enquiry to Harrison Reed?

I think he's a fake to be honest.