BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Strangely saw the Johnson link a day before on a random twitter account and ignored it. I only posted the forum link to break the constant cycle of “Brereton is shit”.

That was fairly well wrapped up. Not strange to expect the next one to be similar? 

Just now, bluebruce said:

I got a bit worried.

Worried I got excited, or worried about hart? :)

We cant really do any better than Hart. You can argue the cost and is the money worth it, but for ability and experience, we simply cant do better

• Like 2

The guy on twitter is a fake. He/she is picking up rumours from different online sources and then turning them into 'fact' and hoping a few of them come off to make him/her look genuine.

Joe Hart to Rovers may happen, but it has been rumoured for a while now. 

I find it a bit nuts that people are so against Hart coming here. Be a massive coup to have a goalkeeper like him for us in this league. Being 32 he will be feeling like he lots left to give and would still like to prove himself at the top level, which would be great for us if we have any ambitions of getting promoted. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 9

Just now, FGS5635 said:

Worried I got excited, or worried about hart? :)

We cant really do any better than Hart. You can argue the cost and is the money worth it, but for ability and experience, we simply cant do better

Both. And yes I'm sure we can do better than Hart. Not in terms of profile or expense, but the lad looks a busted flush these days. Ruddy please.

• Like 1

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

People on here bigging up Brentford imagine we made a slew of signings after selling Lenihan and Dack would we be bigging up us a promotion favs or bemoaning the sales. 

Well the obvious answer to that is it depends how well it would be re-invested.

However it's pointless because we know It wouldn't be Rovers idea of the moneyball system is very odd to say the least.

9 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

It’s a fake account

Do you mean the account that has the wrong website address to where he claims to work, a spelling mistake in his bio (and he's a journalist!) and appears in absolutely zero Google searches as a journo?

Fake? Never

People on here bigging up Brentford imagine we made a slew of signings after selling Lenihan and Dack would we be bigging up us a promotion favs or bemoaning the sales. 

Let’s use Konsa as an example. 

Bought 12 months ago from League one for 2.5 million, played a season with them and sold to a Prem team for 12 million. They have already made signings in that position and could well make more.

No fan of any club wants to see their best players sold, but when a team from a higher division comes in and gives you a big profit, you accept it as inevitable.

If we were to sell Dack, Lenihan it Travis, I’d have very little faith in us bringing in anyone remotely near the same level... fucking hell, I’d be pretty amazed if we replaced them with players who even play in the same position.

Getting raided for your better players by top flight teams shows you are doing something right... it’s the nature of transfers. We are lightyears behind Brentford in terms of identifying players and recruiting them. Barring Dack, and to a much lesser degree Armstrong and Rothwell, the only players we have of any real value are academy products.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Neal said:

I find it a bit nuts that people are so against Hart coming here. Be a massive coup to have a goalkeeper like him for us in this league. Being 32 he will be feeling like he lots left to give and would still like to prove himself at the top level, which would be great for us if we have any ambitions of getting promoted. 

The longer it goes on the more attractive a signing it becomes, never a fan but to be fair his cock ups and wobbles have come at top level. If he's shot he's shot but we know how  Uncle Mowbray loves these types I half think he's setting up his own football rehab academy here sometimes,  However Hart wouldn't be facing what he was in the Prem at this level so if he has any confidence left surely he can cope.

Having said that if they tie up tens of thousands of pounds per week in him I think i'd sack the lot of them !!!!

Advanced issues found

Just now, tomphil said:

The longer it goes on the more attractive a signing it becomes, never a fan but to be fair his cock ups and wobbles have come at top level. If he's shot he's shot but we know how  Uncle Mowbray loves these types I half think he's setting up his own football rehab academy here sometimes,  However Hart wouldn't be facing what he was in the Prem at this level so if he has any confidence left surely he can cope.

Having said that if they tie up tens of thousands of pounds per week in him I think i'd sack the lot of them !!!!

It's having that effect on me. The Makeemwaiteaball system of recruitment where you're grateful for whatever walks through the door.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

He's not going to be on peanuts so if he is coming here it is going to cost us. I think most keepers we've been linked with will be on massive wages tbf. 

• Like 1

Brentford is a bit of enigma. They seem to have a great scouting network and are able to unearth great talent and sell for a profit. However looking a bit closer at their stats that doesn't translate into results in the league. They have basicly treaded water finishing between 8-11 for the last 4 seasons. Have a very high turnover of players, and there are several duds for each player they sell for profit. 

Sheffield United on the other hand have had a pretty poor transfer record the last two seasons, buying players who failed to establish themselves and dissapear after one season. They basicly went up with the same core of players that took them from League One to Championship in 2017. 

Just now, Miller11 said:

Bought 12 months ago from League one for 2.5 million, played a season with them and sold to a Prem team for 12 million. They have already made signings in that position and could well make more.

No fan of any club wants to see their best players sold, but when a team from a higher division comes in and gives you a big profit, you accept it as inevitable.

If we were to sell Dack, Lenihan it Travis, I’d have very little faith in us bringing in anyone remotely near the same level... fucking hell, I’d be pretty amazed if we replaced them with players who even play in the same position.

Getting raided for your better players by top flight teams shows you are doing something right... it’s the nature of transfers. We are lightyears behind Brentford in terms of identifying players and recruiting them. Barring Dack, and to a much lesser degree Armstrong and Rothwell, the only players we have of any real value are academy products.

Ah so when other teams do it it's a fantastic model let's take Dack for example we bought him for 750k if we were to sell him now how much do you think he would go for how is selling your best players used as a pro for some yet a negative for others at least be consistent in the criticism. 

Just now, tomphil said:

The longer it goes on the more attractive a signing it becomes, never a fan but to be fair his cock ups and wobbles have come at top level. If he's shot he's shot but we know how  Uncle Mowbray loves these types I half think he's setting up his own football rehab academy here sometimes.

You know, I think you've uncovered the secret behind Tony Mowbrays transfer policy.

Chat promises for 3 months, blame the market, chat more excuses, sell your only quality player at that postion... wait a full week until button AZ-5 has been pressed... then bring in the players who the fans were dreading all along, yet nicely polished now as some heroic big signing... it's the classic "keep drinking until the 2 becomes a 10" mentality.

Reminds me of John Williams, circa 2008... "I think Big Sam is our man to replace Mark Hughes, but the fans don't want him... I know, I'll hire Paul Ince for 12 games, sack him (he's crap bar a solid eyebrow dance), and then Allardyce will seem like the hero!"

Joe Hart (If that is what happens), imagine telling us that 4 years ago. When he was # for Man City and England.

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

It's having that effect on me. The Makeemwaiteaball system of recruitment where you're grateful for whatever walks through the door.

Ha ha spot on, some clubs have an ambitious manager and recruitment dept whereas we have a mix of investment fund and retirement home spaces to fill.

Ah so when other teams do it it's a fantastic model let's take Dack for example we bought him for 750k if we were to sell him now how much do you think he would go for how is selling your best players used as a pro for some yet a negative for others at least be consistent in the criticism. 

It’s not that it’s a fantastic model, it’s just the nature of things.

I think everybody accepts that Dack has a price? If a bid of £15 million came in from a prem club I’m sure we’d all be a bit gutted, but see it as him moving on like players do. 

If we then failed to reinvest that money, or wasted half of it on another Brereton, people wouldn’t be happy, but that’s a different matter. 

Look at some of the players we’ve lost in recent times - the argument isn’t that we sold them...

Cairney - went too cheap

Hanley and Duffy - weren’t replaced

King/Mahoney - weren’t tied up so we lost out

Raya - sold too soon

For a time we had a squad with virtually zero re-sale value. Now we have some players who would actually command a fee, and eventually they will go.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Spot on. Notice when we sold our best players they went to rival clubs, seemingly shoved out the back door (Cairney) or hawked around to try and attract bidders.

Nobody at this level can resist selling players to the Premier League. Different story with what we did. 

Brentford have come on leaps and bounds as a club, have a new stadium nearly ready and are in good shape. Put their money to good use.

• Like 3