BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, JHRover said:

Spot on. Notice when we sold our best players they went to rival clubs, seemingly shoved out the back door (Cairney) or hawked around to try and attract bidders.

Nobody at this level can resist selling players to the Premier League. Different story with what we did. 

Brentford have come on leaps and bounds as a club, have a new stadium nearly ready and are in good shape. Put their money to good use.

Yet they bought a keeper who if we are not changing the narrative was widely derided on this message board

• Like 1

Just now, Miller11 said:

It’s not that it’s a fantastic model, it’s just the nature of things.

I think everybody accepts that Dack has a price? If a bid of £15 million came in from a prem club I’m sure we’d all be a bit gutted, but see it as him moving on like players do. 

If we then failed to reinvest that money, or wasted half of it on another Brereton, people wouldn’t be happy, but that’s a different matter. 

Look at some of the players we’ve lost in recent times - the argument isn’t that we sold them...

Cairney - went too cheap

Hanley and Duffy - weren’t replaced

King/Mahoney - weren’t tied up so we lost out

Raya - sold too soon

For a time we had a squad with virtually zero re-sale value. Now we have some players who would actually command a fee, and eventually they will go.

King and mahoney were not tied up but also not great for us the raya sale whilst I agree I'd have kept him he was widely blasted on this very site

• Like 1

• Backroom

The thing with Hart is not his stature or his ability imo, it's his confidence.

There is a genuine England International and Premier League winning goalkeeper in there somewhere, but it hasn't shone out for a couple of seasons now.

Coming down to the Championship (prime age, no less) could see him regain his confidence and form.

BUT I feel that a Ruddy or a Carson is likely to be more confident for us, and likely to improve the defence as a whole. If Hart is confident enough to bollock the defence, then maybe he can quickly regain confidence in himself too.

I'm not against his signing by any means, I think it'd be a real coup, but it is a gamble on relatively high wages compared to the less good but more solid and cheaper Ruddy/Carson.

• Like 3

Just now, Mike E said:

There is a genuine England International and Premier League winning goalkeeper in there somewhere, but it hasn't shone out for a couple of seasons now.

Coming down to the Championship (prime age, no less) could see him regain his confidence and form.

BUT I feel that a Ruddy or a Carson is likely to be more confident for us, and likely to improve the defence as a whole. If Hart is confident enough to bollock the defence, then maybe he can quickly regain confidence in himself too.

I'm not against his signing by any means, I think it'd be a real coup, but it is a gamble on relatively high wages compared to the less good but more solid and cheaper Ruddy/Carson.

If Duche can’t get him going not a chance Tony’s lad camp will

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

BUT I feel that a Ruddy or a Carson is likely to be more confident for us, and likely to improve the defence as a whole. If Hart is confident enough to bollock the defence, then maybe he can quickly regain confidence in himself too.

I'm not against his signing by any means, I think it'd be a real coup, but it is a gamble on relatively high wages compared to the less good but more solid and cheaper Ruddy/Carson.

Joe Hart these days reminds me of Robert Green although, writing from memory, Green never 'kept' for a Premier League-winning side.

I can't think of any reason why Rovers should pay anything for, and to, someone who seems increasingly like yesterday's man. We're surely not going for a 'marquee' signing just because he once, several years ago, used to be a good 'un. Are we?

1 hour ago, Beanie01289 said:

People on here bigging up Brentford imagine we made a slew of signings after selling Lenihan and Dack would we be bigging up us a promotion favs or bemoaning the sales. 

Crazy isn't it. People criticise the prispect of us signing Gallagher and slate Raya, saying he needs to be replaced...they sign for another club and that club somehow become a super squad.

6 minutes ago, m1st said:

Joe Hart these days reminds me of Robert Green although, writing from memory, Green never 'kept' for a Premier League-winning side.

I can't think of any reason why Rovers should pay anything for, and to, someone who seems increasingly like yesterday's man. We're surely not going for a 'marquee' signing just because he once, several years ago, used to be a good 'un. Are we?

Did he not get a winners medal at Chelsea

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

Can't wait too see how this gets spun as a fantastic move by Preston while also blasting Mowbray for going after Gallagher 

I see what you're saying but Preston are not desperate for a CB and GK. What might be a fantastic move for one team might not be for another.

If we signed Gally as the final day "BB" money player after the GK and CB, I'm sure people will be a lot happier than currently... and ironically more annoyed if we wait that long and then miss out to a PNE... 

So perhaps TM can't win on this one UNLESS Gallagher is finally accompanied by the GK and CB. But that's not the fault of Sam Gallagher.

Danny simpson available on a free could do a job here at right back and put nyambe at centre half.

Id also have mark bunn back whos also played here before.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Beanie01289 said:

Yet they bought a keeper who if we are not changing the narrative was widely derided on this message board

He divided opinion. Some praised him, some criticised his errors. 

Imagine that? People having different opinions. I’m so shaken by this groundbreaking news, I think I need a lie down...

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 7

Brentford just sold another player making profit again, thats now £46 million incoming fees in 12 months and they still have an excellent exciting team.

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Can't wait too see how this gets spun as a fantastic move by Preston while also blasting Mowbray for going after Gallagher 

If you actually read the posts on here, like Raya, some rate him, some don’t. 

So some will be annoyed if he goes to PNE, some won’t. 

If you’re going to call people for being negative, at least be consistent....

Edited by K-Hod

Just now, AAK said:

Danny simpson available on a free could do a job here at right back and put nyambe at centre half.

Id also have mark bunn back whos also played here before.

Nyambes main problem is that he makes mistakes in his favoured position, but he is quick enough to recover from these mistakes. If you play him out of position he will make the same mistakes but in a central position it may be more costly

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

Why can’t you wait? Surely we all want what’s best for Rovers.

The main reason there was a backlash with Bauer was that Mowbray said we couldn’t meet his wage/signing demands. Yet PNE can? We then later hear that it’s not wages, it’s the player’s attitude. Hmm.

Meanwhile we are still talking about midfielders despite having an awful defence and our most experienced keeper has made 5 league appearances courtesy of a contrived spell at the end of last season.

• Like 3

Just now, rigger said:

Nyambes main problem is that he makes mistakes in his favoured position, but he is quick enough to recover from these mistakes. If you play him out of position he will make the same mistakes but in a central position it may be more costly

I think we are missing that pace though and i think he makes mistakes because hes always trying to beat a man whereas as CB he can just hoof it without criticism.

7 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

For mine we HAVE to give Brereton a season in his preferred position.

Gallagher is another central striker - we'd have 3 (4 really as Armstrong is much better playing in the middle too) queuing up for one position. Neither Gallagher or Brereton would be effective out wide. I also wasn't very impressed with him last time he was here to be honest.

Which is where we really need to be investing if Mowbray is buying attacking players. Rothwell and Chapman aren't enough.

What most of us predicted will happen, freebies, and then we will loan a couple of players who wont play and have a big panic buy at the end of the window, sam gallagher probably. I think they are doing it purposley, as in they sort of know they cant get a deal they want so will spunk it on a player like gallagher if need be, but our spending will be down this summer  because they will end up loaning him with a view to buy, for FFP reasons, i.e. not actually spending it until end of season so different set of accoounts 

Just now, AAK said:

Brentford just sold another player making profit again, thats now £46 million incoming fees in 12 months and they still have an excellent exciting team.

With a dodgy keeper ?

• Like 6