BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, AAK said:

I think we are missing that pace though and i think he makes mistakes because hes always trying to beat a man whereas as CB he can just hoof it without criticism.

But if all he is doing is hoofing it, he will not be using his speed 

17 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

For mine we HAVE to give Brereton a season in his preferred position.

Gallagher is another central striker - we'd have 3 (4 really as Armstrong is much better playing in the middle too) queuing up for one position. Neither Gallagher or Brereton would be effective out wide. I also wasn't very impressed with him last time he was here to be honest.

Which is where we really need to be investing if Mowbray is buying attacking players. Rothwell and Chapman aren't enough.

Tbh I think the problem we have is Dack is best off a striker  there's no way we should consider dropping Dack or shifting him so we are struggling to get Brereton or arma into there best positions 

9 hours ago, 47er said:

I don't see anything in the most recent posts that deserve the "Daily Bicker" label. Biz and I have exchanged a few posts holding different views, perfectly friendly and nothing personal.

Isn't that what an MB is for? I think this "bickering" complaint is overdone and should only apply to personal abuse

I actually agree with most of your posts - it was more directed at the other one that seems to like bickering on a daily basis.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rickard said:

Just a random though, what do you guys think we could have gotten for Alan Shearer in today's market? I mean, clubs buy 4th choice keepers for more than we got for him back in the day.

He was one of the best in the world (best in my opinion) at that time. You're looking at 100 to 200+ mil

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

The thing with Hart is not his stature or his ability imo, it's his confidence.

There is a genuine England International and Premier League winning goalkeeper in there somewhere, but it hasn't shone out for a couple of seasons now.

Coming down to the Championship (prime age, no less) could see him regain his confidence and form.

BUT I feel that a Ruddy or a Carson is likely to be more confident for us, and likely to improve the defence as a whole. If Hart is confident enough to bollock the defence, then maybe he can quickly regain confidence in himself too.

I'm not against his signing by any means, I think it'd be a real coup, but it is a gamble on relatively high wages compared to the less good but more solid and cheaper Ruddy/Carson.

I'd put Fraser Forster in the same category ... an England squad member not too long ago but a few dodgy performances and a crisis of confidence later and he slips to 3rd choice at s'oton now ??? ...  These are still good quality Gk's for a mid table team in championship striving to get in the play-offs , not saying we could or should sign them but I am damn sure if Preston or Sheff Wed or Forest signed them we'd be green with envy

• Like 2

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

Easily a 30+ a season striker when at us minimum 150m

Its crazy really when you think about transfer fees. Neymar went for 200 million. Bale what 5 years ago was 100 mil - so thats doubled in that time. In ten years time we could be talking about near billion players.  

Shearer at the time even with my blue and white spectacles was the best striker n the world. Batistuta was there but not in same class in my opinion. 

• Like 4

Just now, JacknOry said:

Its crazy really when you think about transfer fees. Neymar went for 200 million. Bale what 5 years ago was 100 mil - so thats doubled in that time. In ten years time we could be talking about near billion players.  

Shearer at the time even with my blue and white spectacles was the best striker n the world. Batistuta was there but not in same class in my opinion. 

I totally agree in his time at rovers there was not a finer cf on the planet 

• Like 3

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

I totally agree in his time at rovers there was not a finer cf on the planet 

I don’t think Newcastle will ever sign the world’s best striker ever again.

Amazing really they he went there when he should have been playing in the Champions League. Non-Rovers fans will use that to put him behind some far inferior strikers.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I actually agree with most of your posts - it was more directed at the other one that seems to like bickering on a daily basis.

I didn't mean to look like I was having a go at you, it was meant to be a more general comment. I think you can go to and fro with someone over several posts without someone telling you you're bickering or taking offence. So long as its about football! Too often I read that the bickerings putting them off and I just think its an exchange of views.

When we get someone inventing a future dispute which they "can't wait" for its a bit much though! 

So----sorry, I usually agree with your posts too! :wub:

Edited by 47er
Typo----honest!

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

For mine we HAVE to give Brereton a season in his preferred position.

Gallagher is another central striker - we'd have 3 (4 really as Armstrong is much better playing in the middle too) queuing up for one position. Neither Gallagher or Brereton would be effective out wide. I also wasn't very impressed with him last time he was here to be honest.

Which is where we really need to be investing if Mowbray is buying attacking players. Rothwell and Chapman aren't enough.

Nothing I've seen to justify Brereton being given a season. 46 games with 10 men! :o I'm all for giving him a run at some point but It might simply confirm what most of us feel. Including TM by the way.

If he'd cost £1M you wouldn't be arguing that way.

• Like 3

Just now, 47er said:

I didn't mean to look like I was having a go at you, it was meant to be a more general comment. I think you can go to and fro with someone over several posts without someone telling you you're bickering or taking offence. So long as its about football! Too often I read that the bickerings putting them off and I just think its an exchange of views.

When we get someone inventing a future dispute which they "can't wait" for its a bit much though! 

So----sorry, I usually agree with your posts too! :wub:

Nah, knew you wasn't having a go and i do understand what you mean. 

Just it seems a daily process for me of wakeup, check BRFCs and Biz is countering someone. Nothing wrong with that of course as long as it stays within the boundaries.

We need a Biz for balance after all - I miss Chaddy (my own daily bicker partner).

• Like 1

The Gallagher transfer or lack of it has dragged on to long for me. Mowbray always states he has targets a b and c. Well were are we uptown now x. The signings so far for me have been ok. Downing past his best possibly but a free so could help our younger players crossing ability. Johnsons should do ok. With the other freebies likely to go into the under 23s squad. Crying out for defensive reinforcements and another solid keeper. Times ticking to the start of 

• Like 1

Just now, Gary C said:

The Gallagher transfer or lack of it has dragged on to long for me. Mowbray always states he has targets a b and c. Well were are we uptown now x. The signings so far for me have been ok. Downing past his best possibly but a free so could help our younger players crossing ability. Johnsons should do ok. With the other freebies likely to go into the under 23s squad. Crying out for defensive reinforcements and another solid keeper. Times ticking to the start of 

agree re Gallagher if its as expensive as people seem to be suggesting maybe we need to move on ( would be a shame mind )

46 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Nah, knew you wasn't having a go and i do understand what you mean. 

Just it seems a daily process for me of wakeup, check BRFCs and Biz is countering someone. Nothing wrong with that of course as long as it stays within the boundaries.

We need a Biz for balance after all - I miss Chaddy (my own daily bicker partner).

When has Chaddy gone?? 

• Like 1

Would like to see us focus now on our goalie situation and clear out some of our midfielders either on loan or in transfers. Especially with Adam and Butterfield training with us to.  Rodwell I wouldn't pursue now as defensive wise he ain't better than William's who finished the season at the back with Leninhan and better midfield options in front of him for me