BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, could work out expensive. Say a 4 year contract, plus the fee and you are into double figures in the millions. I just wonder is the flex open ended or will it impact us this window. 

I reckon the rest of the business will be a keeper on a free and a CB on loan. 

Don’t worry, somebody will along soon to explain all...

No, not really because if they aren't better than the actual wingers in the squad, they won't get into the team in that position. Signing Gallagher to deputise for Graham is a good way to build a team imo. It's up to him and Brereton to win their places wherever they apply themselves best. 

Theoretically yes but you are conveniently side stepping how our managers does things going off what we've seen and there is no reason to think it'll be any different. What actual wingers do you refer to anyway ?

Chapman - only likely to be bit part player, Bennett - great workhorse but probably worst winger in division.

• Like 2

Just now, tomphil said:

Theoretically yes but you are conveniently side stepping how our managers does things going off what we've seen and there is no reason to think it'll be any different. What actual wingers do you refer to anyway ?

Chapman - only likely to be bit part player, Bennett - great workhorse but probably worst winger in division.

Artmstrong, another striker turned winger. Rothwell should be nailed on for one of those positions anyway. Then we have Downing. BB shouldnt be getting anywhere near a winger spot based on performances. He is a striker and should be competing with Graham for that role. 

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

It annoys me the way he does it to be honest. I just think Gallagher on the wing is less of a leap than some of the stuff he has done... 

Downing and Rothwell for me. I think Chapman and Armstrong will be great weapons off the bench. I don't think Bennett should be a starter, but I reckon he will probably start right back first game. Which will be annoying. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Don’t worry, somebody will along soon to explain all...

The only explanation I have other than the V's not allowing him to spend on defenders is that he's been foolishly blinded by Lenihan's return to form and fitness towards the end of the season and Williams coming in and doing okay. We all know Darragh has an injury in him, while Williams really, really isn't the long term answer at centre half. It is a huge concern; we will continue to concede for fun until new blood is brought in.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Gallagher is a decent signing but overpriced at £5 Million especially considering we need a overhaul of the defence. Mowbray must be going with the you score 3 we score 4 approach, with his £12 Million strike force.

The thing is when you look at what players move for, it's probably not that much over the odds. The problem is i think we all agree a fee spent on a centre half should be a priority 

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

The only explanation I have other than the V's now allowing him to spend on defenders is that he's been foolishly blinded by Lenihan's return to form and fitness towards the end of the season and Williams coming in and doing okay. We all know Darragh has an injury in him, while Williams really, really isn't the long term answer at centre half. It is a huge concern, we will continue to concede for fun until that's sorted.

All 3 of Mulgrew, Lenihan and Williams I would describe as injury prone. We have been caught short at centre half the last 2 seasons because of injuries. 

For that to happen again would be totally unacceptable and on Mowbrays head be it if we are in November playing a midfielder centre half. 

• Like 3

Just now, JacknOry said:

Artmstrong, another striker turned winger. Rothwell should be nailed on for one of those positions anyway. Then we have Downing. BB shouldnt be getting anywhere near a winger spot based on performances. He is a striker and should be competing with Graham for that role. 

Exactly

How many times did he bring on Brereton to replace DG last season ?   Very rarely till the end plus Vs ain't going to pay 5 mill for yet another to sit on the bench every week.

A change in formation would get more of them in but can we see him straying away from the tried and trusted starting formula of Graham and Dack ?

Is he going to start subbing Dack every week and go 442 ?

I think we all know it's going to be a striker on one or both wings most of the time although the array of attacking talent we might be assembling should get the juices flowing it's pretty damn impressive to be fair.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

.I reckon the rest of the business will be a keeper on a free and a CB on loan. 

Said this all along, it was so obvious that we wouldn't be spending any money in the areas that desperately require it.

It annoys me the way he does it to be honest. I just think Gallagher on the wing is less of a leap than some of the stuff he has done... 

Downing and Rothwell for me. I think Chapman and Armstrong will be great weapons off the bench. I don't think Bennett should be a starter, but I reckon he will probably start right back first game. Which will be annoying. 

I'd prefer Gally out wide than say Samuel if that's the way it's going, he's going to have a hell of a pool of strikers to chose from.

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

Doubt that very much as it means you don't get the best outta Dack 

its almost as if we're building a team in the event that he goes (is sold off)

Edited by JacknOry

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

Doubt that very much as it means you don't get the best outta Dack 

This is why this transfer just seems ridiculous on paper

We will have 12 million spent on two centre forwards when we seemingly only play with one and love to pack the midfield.

Everyone one on here and I am sure the club too can see that we are desperate for players at the other end and instead we sign the fifth striker for only one open position??

Honestly, does this transfer mean Dack is on the way out?

Edited by CambridgeRover

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

This is why this transfer just seems ridiculous on paper

We will have 12 million spent on two centre forwards when we seemingly only play with one and love to pack the midfield.

Everyone one on here and I am sure the club too can see that we are desperate for players at the other end and instead we sign the fifth striker for only one open position??

Honestly, does this transfer mean Dack is on the way out?

I have my doubts that's the case if we were so sure Dack was about to be sold the fee would have been much easier to agree than it has been. 

Just now, tomphil said:

I'd prefer Gally out wide than say Samuel if that's the way it's going, he's going to have a hell of a pool of strikers to chose from.

Another striker turned winger lol. Gally, BB, Armstrong, Samual. Surprised he hasnt put Nuttal and Graham on the wings yet.

• Like 1