BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, indeed. If he doesn't come good at some point during his contract, that deal will look even worse. Spending the money there made no sense in hindsight as things stand. 

Some of us didn't need hindsight. It was pretty obvious that it was a strange signing.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Would you call Sadio Mane a winger?

Mane Firmino and Salah all interchange and are good enough too do it. Mane can run at people and take them on as well as being able to cross, but also he can cut inside and play central very well. Sam Gallagher is not Sadio Mane.

Just now, Butty said:

Mane Firmino and Salah all interchange and are good enough too do it. Mane can run at people and take them on as well as being able to cross, but also he can cut inside and play central very well. Sam Gallagher is not Sadio Mane.

that's the role in the formation. It's not "on the wing"

McNamee wouldn't have a career in the modern game. He came from an era when tackling from behind was legal and running studs down opponent;s shins seen as part and parcel of the game. As a tough nut and leader though, we could do with someone of his character

Edited by jim mk2

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

that's the role in the formation. It's not "on the wing"

But playing on the right of a front three regardless, at some point you will be stuck on the wing having to run at and beat people, we saw it with Brereton last season. That is not Gallaghers game just as it clearly isn’t Brereton’s. 

Just now, roverandout said:

Ok let's make it 50

Just now, roverandout said:

I'm just letting off some steam. I won't make a bet but I have felt very little for rovers since venkys have come to town. When they're gone it will feel like clean air again. I just think mowbary is out of his depth at this level

LOL 

Backtracking faster than Williams playing left back up against a tricky right winger 

• Like 3

I think our only signings now need to be in the back 4 and GK. We have plenty options and cover accross all mid and att positions now.

We could do with shipping some out perma and on loan, but thats a work in progress I guess.

So we need bare minimum a goalkeeper.

Pretty well need a good centre back

In an ideal world we could do with 1 or 2 full backs who would start in the best 11 also

10 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Seriously considering putting a tenner on rovers to go down this season. Mowbary is a clown. Absolutely clueless when it comes to transfers. Clueless when it comes to tactics. 

Dont talk silly

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I only had to watch his "highlights" video to see he wasn't a Danny Graham replacement. Neither is Gallagher for that matter.

So perhaps we are not going to replace Graham. But change the formation 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Deep analysis so. No wonder you were so adament. 

How much do you need to see ? If that's showing what he's good at you need to read between the lines. What's he not good at ? Most things that a striker needs to be good at as far as could see. He's not strong, or particularly quick, he's not a goal poacher nor is he a thunderboots with a shot in his locker. He's really poor in the air for a tall guy .He doesn't like to play with his back to goal. All I could see was someone who was decent at running with the ball out wide. No way would I have paid that sort of money going off the video.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

How much do you need to see ? If that's showing what he's good at you need to read between the lines. What's he not good at ? Most things that a striker needs to be good at as far as could see. He's not strong, or particularly quick, he's not a goal poacher nor is he a thunderboots with a shot in his locker. He's really poor in the air for a tall guy .He doesn't like to play with his back to goal. All I could see was someone who was decent at running with the ball out wide. No way would I have paid that sort of money going off the video.

You saw all that from his clips on YouTube? OK. The Forrest fans weren't all happy he left, so maybe they saw something more. 

I agree that does look like what he is good at and I am a bit disappointed going off pictures in pre-season that he still looks pretty weedy. However, maybe we don't need a Graham replacement to be exactly like Graham. 

Where does that leave Dack ? Out of the door ?

That's around the 4th or 5th mention of Dack leaving in the past two days on here. It's not being mentioned anywhere else, which is surely a good sign considering his return last season?Probably suggests we ain't playing ball.

Are some people disappointed by that? It would be a great moan.... 

• Like 1

I saw a post on here the other day which had a formation of 3421. I could see us starting there...with the 2 in the hole and 1 up top / one in the whole and two up top being any three out of Graham, Dack, Rothwell, Brereton, Chapman or Armstrong.