BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

You saw all that from his clips on YouTube? OK. The Forrest fans weren't all happy he left, so maybe they saw something more. 

I agree that does look like what he is good at and I am a bit disappointed going off pictures in pre-season that he still looks pretty weedy. However, maybe we don't need a Graham replacement to be exactly like Graham. 

Yeah I did see that. It was about 7 minutes of him more or less being in possession all the time .Like I said he looked handy running with the ball at his feet out wide but look at the areas of the pitch he was playing in. I can't recall him ever getting into the six yard box and he didn't spend a lot of time in the penalty area. These are the areas you need to be getting into to be a goalscorer.  That was playing for Forest not Rovers.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I saw a post on here the other day which had a formation of 3421. I could see us starting there...with the 2 in the hole and 1 up top / one in the whole and two up top being any three out of Graham, Dack, Rothwell, Brereton, Chapman or Armstrong.

That's pretty good. Take Graham out and all of the rest are under 25. 

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

McNamee wouldn't have a career in the modern game. He came from an era when tackling from behind was legal and running studs down opponent;s shins seen as part and parcel of the game. As a tough nut and leader though, we could do with someone of his character

Completely agree Jim. He was carved out of granite and looked a mean, proper hard bugger. He would serve several suspensions in a season in the modern game. Physical contact and intimidation were a big part of a centre backs armoury than an McNamee used it better than any player I have ever seen in a Rovers shirt.

30 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Seriously considering putting a tenner on rovers to go down this season. Mowbary is a clown. Absolutely clueless when it comes to transfers. Clueless when it comes to tactics. 

Get it on then ?

• Like 1

Just now, FGS5635 said:

Dack is leaving at some point. We all know that.

Enjoy him why he's here and wish him well when he moves up a level at some point

Then re-invest the big wedge of cash wisely

Up a level as in Fulham, Middlesbrough or Brighton like our last assets were sold off to?

Reinvest? Nice idea but unlikely to happen with this lot.

• Like 1

Just now, FGS5635 said:

Dack is leaving at some point. We all know that.

Enjoy him why he's here and wish him well when he moves up a level at some point

Then re-invest the big wedge of cash wisely

No doubt and I would reckon its next summer if we don't have a serious rattle at promotion. Could ven be bids in January hopefully. As in he is doing well and we reject them! 

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I saw a post on here the other day which had a formation of 3421. I could see us starting there...with the 2 in the hole and 1 up top / one in the whole and two up top being any three out of Graham, Dack, Rothwell, Brereton, Chapman or Armstrong.

I wouldn't be a big fan of that formation but at least there would be a place for Dack in it. However I can't see any of the other players being the 1 apart from the rapidly aging Graham.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah I did see that. It was about 7 minutes of him more or less being in possession all the time .Like I said he looked handy running with the ball at his feet out wide but look at the areas of the pitch he was playing in. I can't recall him ever getting into the six yard box and he didn't spend a lot of time in the penalty area. These are the areas you need to be getting into to be a goalscorer.  That was playing for Forest not Rovers.

Ya, but it was only a few minutes you watched so I don't know how you were so adamant before we signed him. We didn't see much more last season in fairness!

The issue is his fee and the fact we could have spent it elsewhere. If we signed him on a free we would probably be saying he looks a talent. The fee is on Mowbray, so he needs to show why he spent it this season. No excuses. It's up to Brereton then. 

Just now, JHRover said:

Up a level as in Fulham, Middlesbrough or Brighton like our last assets were sold off to?

Reinvest? Nice idea but unlikely to happen with this lot.

Sadly Fulham, Boro and Brighton and most definatley up a level from us

You may be right with the re-invest, but time will tell I guess

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wouldn't be a big fan of that formation but at least there would be a place for Dack in it. However I can't see any of the other players being the 1 apart from the rapidly aging Graham.

Aging but still doing it. I wonder do Brighton fans constantly bring up Murray's age? 

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

sky reporting we have agreed a fee for Gallagher

I suspect a fee has been agreed for a while. No secret that Rovers is his preferred destination and Mowbray is very keen. 

I think the hold up may well be Venky's balking at his wage demands. He's on prem wages with 2 years of a contract remaining. Won't come cheap.

I guess until this is sorted one way or the other, all other meaningful business will be on hold.

• Moderation Lead

Aging but still doing it. I wonder do Brighton fans constantly bring up Murray's age? 

I’ll bet they do! Look, it’s just forward planning. I love Danny Graham, but he’ll be 34 by the time the season starts (one year younger than me), but he will need to be replaced eventually...

He's been great for us, but Graham doesnt strike me as a model pro who has looked after his body his whole career. A lot of players his age drop off a cliff performance wise in a very short period of time. The legs just go and they suddenly look a shadow of their former selves. Lets hope he has 1 more really good year in him, but I guess TM is worried he doesnt if we sign gally for big money

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

I suspect a fee has been agreed for a while. No secret that Rovers is his preferred destination and Mowbray is very keen. 

I think the hold up may well be Venky's balking at his wage demands. He's on prem wages with 2 years of a contract remaining. Won't come cheap.

I guess until this is sorted one way or the other, all other meaningful business will be on hold.

The financial outlay is concern, especially if Mowbray plays him out of position or leaves him mainly on the bench.

If we are paying alot in both transfer fee and wages, he needs to be starting.

Just now, K-Hod said:

I’ll bet they do! Look, it’s just forward planning. I love Danny Graham, but he’ll be 34 by the time the season starts (one year younger than me), but he will need to be replaced eventually...

Hence why we have signed Armstrong, Brereton and hopefully Gallagher. Just need one of them to step up and there is huge potential there. 

I think people are righting Graham off too soon. Che Adams scored 7 more goals last season and he got a move for 15 million plus add ons. 

Just now, FGS5635 said:

He's been great for us, but Graham doesnt strike me as a model pro who has looked after his body his whole career. A lot of players his age drop off a cliff performance wise in a very short period of time. The legs just go and they suddenly look a shadow of their former selves. Lets hope he has 1 more really good year in him, but I guess TM is worried he doesnt if we sign gally for big money

I don't think he was up to last season. It seems to have dawned on him big time. He looks as fit as I have seen him in the videos from pre season. Is it enough to delay the inevitable slide for a year or two... Let's see 

I don't think he was up to last season. It seems to have dawned on him big time. He looks as fit as I have seen him in the videos from pre season. Is it enough to delay the inevitable slide for a year or two... Let's see 

Its a genuine worry as for me he is the first name on the team sheet. He is key for everything we try to do tactically.

We always say stop dack and you stop rovers, but I always think the key to stopping dack is stopping graham. If the opposition centre half gets the better of Graham, then dack struggles to get into the game

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Never bet against your own team! 

Bit harsh, I admit I’m also concerned we don’t have a first choice ‘keeper of new defenders, but there is time...

Though I will feel much better if these issues are addressed before we kick off against Charlton...

From my experience I wouldn’t bet on them either

• Like 3

Plenty of talk about new formations that involve Dack moving back is crazy, hes not the type of player to dictate play, he has to be around the 18 yard box. And hes our best player so he has to be built around. We have one competent centre back, so playing 3 there would just put additional demands on recruitment.

He says on here (this is 2 months old) "I've got no defence...defenders are coming." Lets just hope hes true to his word because its of criticial importance, we wont get out of the bottom half with the same set of defenders. He barely signed any defenders at West Brom, he left Coventry regretting his inability to sign a big centre back and here hes only signed Bell, Downing and Sam Hart so hes not improved our defence. Just signing one centre back I dont feel will be enough at all, we need a revamp. Our full backs arent up to it either.

• Like 6

Just now, FGS5635 said:

Its a genuine worry as for me he is the first name on the team sheet. He is key for everything we try to do tactically.

We always say stop dack and you stop rovers, but I always think the key to stopping dack is stopping graham. If the opposition centre half gets the better of Graham, then dack struggles to get into the game

100% and it is a worry. He was more important than Dack last season. We aren't the same team without him. I think it was the Sheffield United game I remember watching. They completely froze both out, but mostly by stopping Graham. It's testament to the work he does that other teams couldn't do it last season. I love DG. The way he uses his experience, strength and cunning to best defenders bigger, faster and stronger than him is so impressive. He's the main man and frankly we are very lucky to have him. 

I think we just have to wait and see on this. Mowbray will know how critical DG was last season. There has been plenty of talk about other styles of play. Hopefully plenty of work going in to honing one in pre-season.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Plenty of talk about new formations that involve Dack moving back is crazy, hes not the type of player to dictate play, he has to be around the 18 yard box. And hes our best player so he has to be built around. We have one competent centre back, so playing 3 there would just put additional demands on recruitment.

He says on here (this is 2 months old) "I've got no defence...defenders are coming." Lets just hope hes true to his word because its of criticial importance, we wont get out of the bottom half with the same set of defenders. He barely signed any defenders at West Brom, he left Coventry regretting his inability to sign a big centre back and here hes only signed Bell, Downing and Sam Hart so hes not improved our defence. Just signing one centre back I dont feel will be enough at all, we need a revamp. Our full backs arent up to it either.

That clip could come back to haunt Tony. He was angry there, I don't think he was just saying what people wanted to hear. I think he belived it, at the time..... Unfortunately I suspect he has backtracked for sure. It will be a CB on loan.

Although maybe above by defenders he was really referring to Raya. He just couldn't say that. Not saying he was right, just saying what I think. 

Advanced issues found

Just now, roversfan99 said:

He did backtrack, it was a BLIP. Our new passing game means oppo don't have the ball so cant score. I have not made this up.

• Like 1