BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

That clip could come back to haunt Tony. He was angry there, I don't think he was just saying what people wanted to hear. I think he belived it, at the time..... Unfortunately I suspect he has backtracked for sure. It will be a CB on loan.

Although maybe above by defenders he was really referring to Raya. He just couldn't say that. Not saying he was right, just saying what I think. 

There really is no room for him to wriggle out on this one. It's there for all to see and hear. Even if he hadn't said those things 99% of us know the defence isn't good enough. Stats back that up.

If he fails to strengthen or add to the defence he's going to be in big trouble as soon as results dip.

• Like 4

Just now, JHRover said:

There really is no room for him to wriggle out on this one. It's there for all to see and hear. Even if he hadn't said those things 99% of us know the defence isn't good enough. Stats back that up.

If he fails to strengthen or add to the defence he's going to be in big trouble as soon as results dip.

We even had a trial run after the failure of the January window!

Just now, JHRover said:

Indeed he will. Can't argue with that. 

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Plenty of talk about new formations that involve Dack moving back is crazy, hes not the type of player to dictate play, he has to be around the 18 yard box. And hes our best player so he has to be built around. We have one competent centre back, so playing 3 there would just put additional demands on recruitment.

He says on here (this is 2 months old) "I've got no defence...defenders are coming." Lets just hope hes true to his word because its of criticial importance, we wont get out of the bottom half with the same set of defenders. He barely signed any defenders at West Brom, he left Coventry regretting his inability to sign a big centre back and here hes only signed Bell, Downing and Sam Hart so hes not improved our defence. Just signing one centre back I dont feel will be enough at all, we need a revamp. Our full backs arent up to it either.

I back him but if this doesn't come to fruition he needs hauling over the coals for it.

He must've had others in mind besides Bauer at this point seeing as he was putting the dampeners on that off record.

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

This is just an unmitigated disaster.

Amazed that Lenihan and Dack haven't demanded a transfer. 

Bit of an overreaction tbh mate. There are plenty of worrying signs, but there is also a lot of the window left. I have numerous concerns, and I'm not optimistic they'll be resolved satisfactorily, but we don't truly know how this will end up yet.

Posts like yours will become more common the longer we go without a goalkeeper or CB signing. But I'd say they're not merited yet for another 1-2 weeks. Longer in some's books.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doogs said:

Dont talk silly

Serious.... mowbary is past his prime. The guy has no clue about transfers or tactics. This is why he keeps going back to the same players. He obviously has no contacts. I mean seriously, 5 million on an average player like Gallagher? Ludicrous

• Like 1

Just now, roverandout said:

Serious.... mowbary is past his prime. The guy has no clue about transfers or tactics. This is why he keeps going back to the same players. He obviously has no contacts. I mean seriously, 5 million on an average player like Gallagher? Ludicrous

I think £5m is ludicrous - but only time will tell. Also curious as to how that deal has been structured - could be heavily based on things like promotion rather than all up front.

• Like 1

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I think £5m is ludicrous - but only time will tell. Also curious as to how that deal has been structured - could be heavily based on things like promotion rather than all up front.

Well if it’s based on promotion then we won’t be paying it all ? this current squad isn’t good enough yet. 

Wow I cannot believe some of the meltdowns some people are having on heat. Talk of relegation , dack needing to hand in a transfer because of Mowbray ! Wow I know everyone is entitled to there opinion but it seems so over the top.

to put things into perspective che Adams is a similar age to gallacher , was playing non league 4 years ago and has had a couple of good seasons and now has gone for 15million plus add ons up to 18million. I actually think Gallagher is a good signing and who in a good side will flourish but I suppose this makes me a happy clapper.

We all know we need to strengthen the defence and keeper but give Mowbray until the end of the window then judge. It’s miles better than the Owen coyle days guys let’s not forget that 

• Like 9

Just now, philipl said:

So only four clubs have net transfer expenditure.

Looking at those lists, supporters of at least ten clubs should be on suicide watch judging by the intemperate reactions on this thread. 

Looking through, you could argue that only the following clubs have properly strengthened so far. 3 weeks to go. Still plenty of time. 

Bristol City, Brentford, Forest, Stoke & Millwall.

Ridiculous. What is all this stuff about? “I bet we get someone on loan!!” So what? Villa got Mings and Tuanzebe on loan last season!? 

We need defender who are better than what we’ve got and an experienced keeper who is better than Raya right now. None of these should price too difficult to achieve before the window shuts. I don’t care whether we spend £10m, loan them or get them on a free. The spend is largely irrelevant because none of us foot the bill. The only thing that matters is we get the players above.

Ive given up arguing with people on here. I cannot relate at all with those who talk about relegation etc. The same people banging on about Brentford who are basically whoring out every single asset they have and with supposedly the perfect business model bought David Raya - a keeper who we’ve all watched for two seasons and know unequivocally isn’t great. 

• Like 7

• Backroom
1 minute ago, tugay5 said:

Wow I cannot believe some of the meltdowns some people are having on heat. Talk of relegation , dack needing to hand in a transfer because of Mowbray ! Wow I know everyone is entitled to there opinion but it seems so over the top.

In fairness before we launch into the usual hyperbole there's only been one person talking about Dack handing in a transfer request and I've maybe seen 2 or 3 posters max seriously talking about relegation at this point. 

I don't see meltdowns, only concern that attention isn't seemingly being focused on the areas we need to focus on the most (GK & defence). We have to hope the club is just keeping its cards close to its chest and we already have deals in the works for these positions. Mowbray's comments on the defence are alarming but it wouldn't be the first time a manager says one thing whilst doing another. 

I don't see the window as a disaster yet, just underwhelming which is fairly standard in the past 9 seasons or so. If we sign a solid keeper, a good centre back and a useful full back (on either side) then I think that would be a decent window. GK/CB only would be adequete but I think our full backs would become a massive achilles heel for us over the season. No CB would be poor, no new GK would undoubtedly be a disaster but there's no way we're going into the season with Leutwiler and Fisher as no1/no2. That would be incompetence beyond any previous levels imo.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 8

Well, I'm pleased he's signing. For me he's vying with Graham for the No 9 position. Given some of the crazy transfer fees flying around £5m isn't bad at all.

A keeper and a couple of proper defenders and that'll do me.

• Like 6