BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Backroom
Just now, Paul Mani said:

Like one who are targeting the top 6? Based in the Northwest? 

Very unlikely IMV, but who knows. I wouldn't totally rule it out, but if we did get Tuanzebe in then I'd be the first to congratulate Mowbray on an excellent signing. Still can't help but think United will want him playing at a higher level this season though. I think he's good enough to be playing at PL level and you have to imagine there are some clubs there who would have an interest. 

I think once the keeper and centre back situation is resolved there will be a feeling on here that we can compete to be in the top 6.

Throw in a left back to push Bell to back up and I would agree. As it stands I think we're very short at left back with Williams being a much better CB and Bell being a work-in-progress at best. The right side concerns me as well but not as much as the left. 

• Like 3

I think once the keeper and centre back situation is resolved there will be a feeling on here that we can compete to be in the top 6.

I'd agree with that, but my goodness we do need that to happen.

• Like 2

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Haha, are you teasing that you know something here or just having a bit of fun?!

Tbh I heard something a week ago about Tuanzebe. Didn’t pay too much attention because I was sure he’d go to Villa. I also got Semi Ajayi too...I know there’s an interest. let’s see ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoverKyle said:

Looking through, you could argue that only the following clubs have properly strengthened so far. 3 weeks to go. Still plenty of time. 

Bristol City, Brentford, Forest, Stoke & Millwall.

All five are in net profit on transfer dealings.

• Like 1

Well I hope so, it's just a natural reaction to feel underwhelmed at Rovers these days.

Also, we won't be anywhere near the top 6 with Bennett & Bell as full backs.

Just now, islander200 said:

He just signed a new deal with United so they won't be selling him.Villa have signed 3 centre backs already this summer and have agreed a fee for a fourth so don't think they will be in the market to take him on loan again 

Just 2 days ago the Birmingham Mail ran a story saying that Villa wanted him back. 

1 hour ago, tugay5 said:

Wow I cannot believe some of the meltdowns some people are having on heat. Talk of relegation , dack needing to hand in a transfer because of Mowbray ! Wow I know everyone is entitled to there opinion but it seems so over the top.

to put things into perspective che Adams is a similar age to gallacher , was playing non league 4 years ago and has had a couple of good seasons and now has gone for 15million plus add ons up to 18million. I actually think Gallagher is a good signing and who in a good side will flourish but I suppose this makes me a happy clapper.

We all know we need to strengthen the defence and keeper but give Mowbray until the end of the window then judge. It’s miles better than the Owen coyle days guys let’s not forget that 

You can't have been here long then! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Gallacher is another good signing, serious competition for places. Will hopefully give big Ben a rocket up his ass if he wants to have a career here. 

I'd almost bet that Hanley will be in a rovers shirt come the start of the season. 

McGovern form Norwich would be a decent addition for a free transfer. 

Hanley definitely ruled out from what I understand.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Just 2 days ago the Birmingham Mail ran a story saying that Villa wanted him back. 

Hause,Konza and Mings already been signed and agreed an 8 million fee for a french centre half today.Cant see where he would fit in?Given the fact he just signed a new deal with United and comments from the club they have no intention of selling him permanently.

I'm not saying he coming to rovers just doubt very much he will be going back to Villa

Edited by islander200

Optimism died on here when Chaddy was potted 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Net spenders are Cardiff, Stoke and Charlton- Brentford have now moved substantially to net profit.

With the acquisition of Gallagher, Rovers are now top of the net spending list.

I WILL REPEAT FOR THE HARD OF HEARING, AS OF THIS EVENING ROVERS HAVE SPENT NET MORE THAN ANY OTHER CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB IN THIS WINDOW.

Just now, philipl said:

Net spenders are Cardiff, Stoke and Charlton- Brentford have now moved substantially to net profit.

I WILL REPEAT FOR THE HARD OF HEARING, AS OF THIS EVENING ROVERS HAVE SPENT NET MORE THAN ANY OTHER CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB IN THIS WINDOW.

But I don't think that is the point. The concern is the current unbalance and the longstanding failure to address the defence.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Kamy100 said:

If we do sign Gallagher for the reported £5 million, we will have spent £12 million on two strikers and neither are guaranteed starters if TM sticks to his current system of one up top with either Dack or Rothwell playing in a free role behind.

That is a truly scary thought.  Leakiest defence in the world yet we spunk 12.mil on two bench warming forwards.  Madness when you put it like that Kamy absolutely insane.

• Like 6

Just now, philipl said:

Someone will be along to tell you this is because of the flex.. oh wait .. :) 

• Like 1

Just now, philipl said:

Have we signed Gallagher? Must have missed that .

So if we get him for £5 million minus the £3 million for Raya that's a net summer spend of £2 million. That isn't top of the Championship.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

The only explanation I have other than the V's not allowing him to spend on defenders is that he's been foolishly blinded by Lenihan's return to form and fitness towards the end of the season and Williams coming in and doing okay. We all know Darragh has an injury in him, while Williams really, really isn't the long term answer at centre half. It is a huge concern; we will continue to concede for fun until new blood is brought in.

Even if Darragh continues to progress and Williams becomes a steady partner, where's the QUALITY cover.