BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Neal said:

I've been as pessimistic as any since Venkys took over but the negativity on the footballing side of things I find pretty amazing at the moment. We're about to sign a young English centre forward who's proven himself here before and people are dissapointed? I mean fair enough and each to their own but who do we think we are anymore? Being miffed about International title winning keepers joining? Centre forwards who have scored double figures for us coming in, still have Dacky, Rothwell with his best years ahead and a full season as a starter, Chapman and other exciting young players breaking through... Yeah we need defenders and a keeper but give it time. Things aren't looking too bad at the moment. 

Johnson and Trav in the engine room, commanding and experienced keeper and a partner for Lenihan.

We’ll be blowing teams away!

Who wants that relegation bet again?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Don’t be greedy!! ??

Full back is critical, the defence needs an overhaul rather than a solitary addition. Going into the season with Bennett and Bell at full back (which youd suspect we will) will lead to goals being conceded, there no two ways about it.

19 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

i feel for samuel tbh, worked his ass off over the summer after promotion, like in the gym every single day then gets injured, i would keep him for another season, play him in the cup games see if he has improved as i love the guys commitment

He was often disinterested when he played for us in his first season, lazy and stroppy. And he was crap, he didnt score after November. A couple of social media videos of him running up and down hills doesnt convince me hes anything but below the standard we need.

Just now, Neal said:

I've been as pessimistic as any since Venkys took over but the negativity on the footballing side of things I find pretty amazing at the moment. We're about to sign a young English centre forward who's proven himself here before and people are dissapointed? I mean fair enough and each to their own but who do we think we are anymore? Being miffed about International title winning keepers joining? Centre forwards who have scored double figures for us coming in, still have Dacky, Rothwell with his best years ahead and a full season as a starter, Chapman and other exciting young players breaking through... Yeah we need defenders and a keeper but give it time. Things aren't looking too bad at the moment. 

I can't understand why we didn't sign Gallagher a year ago. He'd have been cheaper, would have been able to play all season and we wouldn't have paid £7m for Brereton.

Better player, less dosh, good management.

• Backroom
Just now, 47er said:

Pity that doesn't apply to the defence!

Not enough defenders to apply it to yet unfortunately. I think we'll still need Mulgrew and Bell as backups even if we do get in a CB & LB, which right now I only see us getting one of. You get the feeling full backs are way down the priority list, even though I would say we arguably need to be looking at LB as much as CB. I think Bell is as much of a liability as Mulgrew, and if he gets roasted this season it will pull our CB's out of position no matter how good they are.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

I can't understand why we didn't sign Gallagher a year ago. He'd have been cheaper, would have been able to play all season and we wouldn't have paid £7m for Brereton.

Another year in championship therefore an extra 4m turnover compared to the previous year + a different set off FFP rules? Maybe the budget for wage + transfer is well above last years....

Just now, 47er said:

Stoke tried to sign him last summer and were quoted £7m.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Net spenders are Cardiff, Stoke and Charlton- Brentford have now moved substantially to net profit.

With the acquisition of Gallagher, Rovers are now top of the net spending list.

I WILL REPEAT FOR THE HARD OF HEARING, AS OF THIS EVENING ROVERS HAVE SPENT NET MORE THAN ANY OTHER CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB IN THIS WINDOW.

Did you forget we sold Raya?!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

So if we have a bad season I CAN REPEAT THIS TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT SAY TONY KNOWS WHAT HES DOING

And if we see success you can come out and state how wrong you were I very much look forward to reading it

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Neal said:

Yeah we need defenders and a keeper but...

Anything else is just ignoring the problem.

Pre-season is well under way. We have had no first team keeper for a week. We have a makeshift defence that isn’t up to scratch and need any new players to be working together so it can hit the ground running.

Time is not on our side either.

Championship transfer deadline: 5:00pm Thursday 8th August.

And all this ignores the fact that our manager talked about “getting our business done early”.

• Like 3

On 09/06/2019 at 04:17, AllRoverAsia said:

last

Is Tony taking us for fools like the rest before him? Its taken time and his played a canny game. Just taken us longer to cotton on. Just a though. I don’t think he’ll take us forward. His certainly ‘well in’ with our owners and many of our fans. Maybe some are so blind as he is such an ‘honest’ man. Really???

15 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Get Tuanzebe in ASAP! 

I know @Paul Mani mentioned him earlier but the more I think about it I just cant see it. If he's made available for loan then surely there will be better options than us available to him.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Gallagher, Johnson and Downing are enough to claim a slight improvement on last seasons squad, however without a Raya replacement and a central defender we will be nowhere near the top six, and this summer will be a C- grade at best.

A few years ago Rudy Gestede and Jordan Rhodes scored 42 league goals between them, and we still missed out on the top six, despite one scenario with us needing to win 7-0 (with other results) on the last day - because of our defending.

Scoring goals keeps you mid table, not conceding goals gets you promoted.

To quote the USA saying:

Screenshot_20190712-195427_Photos.jpg

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 4

A Birmingham fan I deal with through work asked me what I thought of Sam Gallagher when they signed him. I said "Don't expect a premier league striker. He's a bang average championship striker"

6 months later I saw him again and he said " he isn't even that good"

Whilst statistically he got a good return last time, I didn't think he was brilliant in general. A bit underwhelmed to be honest. I was hoping for an upgrade on DG but I feel we've just got a decent backup. 

Injury-free, I still think the best signing for next season could be Chapman.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Just now, Hasta said:

A Birmingham fans I deal with through work asked me what I thought of Sam Gallagher when they signed him. I said "Don't expect a premier league striker. He's a bang average championship striker"

Whilst statistically he got a good return last time, I didn't think he was brilliant in general. A bit underwhelmed to be honest.

i have to agree im not a fan of gally

10 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I know @Paul Mani mentioned him earlier but the more I think about it I just cant see it. If he's made available for loan then surely there will be better options than us available to him.

True, somehow if we could it would be brilliant. Great young defender.

• Backroom
Just now, Hasta said:

A Birmingham fans I deal with through work asked me what I thought of Sam Gallagher when they signed him. I said "Don't expect a premier league striker. He's a bang average championship striker"

Whilst statistically he got a good return last time, I didn't think he was brilliant in general. A bit underwhelmed to be honest. I was hoping for an upgrade on DG but I feel we've just got a decent backup. 

Well, we did need a back up for Graham so in a sense we have something we needed... I just don't think many of us would have wanted to pay £5m for that. Makes last season's Brereton signing even more confusing to me. He's now assumedly 3rd choice striker at the very least, and he's not likely to be first choice on the right side of midfield either.