BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, danger19_80 said:

Happy with Gallagher. Lad was closely linked with the likes of Bristol, Stoke and Brentford. Good to get the better of the kinds of clubs we want to be competing with for top 6.

He was desperate to play for us. 

• Like 1

Just now, den said:

So, £12m on Gallagher and Brereton - is that right?

I guess devils advocate it's probably more like £8m and if it ends up being 12 they'll have done ok for the club...

Doesn't look good on paper does it?

• Like 2

Just now, AspRover said:

I guess devils advocate it's probably more like £8m and if it ends up being 12 they'll have done ok for the club...

Doesn't look good on paper does it?

Tbf whether it ends up £8m or £12m it’s not big money for two strikers in the Champ!

• Like 2

Probably not... as long as they do the business.

In all honestly I have no idea what the given value of a footballer at any level is these days. Fees get waved around, I shrug, sure; why wouldn't a player in the championship I've never heard of be worth £25m...

Just now, roversfan99 said:

It is for 2 strikers with 25 total Championship goals between them prior to that, neither of which get into our starting 11.

What about £12m for two young strikers with the potential to score boat loads of goals in the future?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Well, we did need a back up for Graham so in a sense we have something we needed... I just don't think many of us would have wanted to pay £5m for that. Makes last season's Brereton signing even more confusing to me. He's now assumedly 3rd choice striker at the very least, and he's not likely to be first choice on the right side of midfield either. 

£12M for those 2---utterly absurd. 

• Like 4

Just now, Paul Mani said:

What about £12m for two young strikers with the potential to score boat loads of goals in the future?

Liverpool, Utd, City etc can put the boat out and buy potential, we aren't in that position. To be honest we haven't been in that position for 10 years now at least.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

Just now, Paul Mani said:

It's a lot of money for a club like ours to be spending on potential. Especially when other areas desperately need addressing.

• Like 6

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I am not convinced that either do have said potential, especially the dearer one, but we can only hope now.

Gallagher scored goals in a team managed by Coyle that contained Lowe, Akpan and Feeney in midfield with Dack providing service he'll score a hatful great signing

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

No matter what your opinion of Gallagher is I think you need to give him some credit for holding out for us when he had other options available. He could have got better wages and stayed nearer Southampton rather than uproot the length of the country. Any player that shows dedication to the club deserves some credit from me. Personally I quite like him, think he will do well for us. 

Loans to pick up from next week. 

Believe gk is closing 

Maybe he likes the regime at Rovers, It doesn't strike me as being too demanding.

• Backroom

Gallagher has scored 18 goals in his entire career, so nobody should be expecting 20 goals out of him. If he matches the 11 he managed in his first spell here then that will be good going in all honesty. Most of those goals were scored in Coyle's 'what's a defence?' system, not Mowbray's 'what's a defence?' system so it remains to be seen if he can reproduce that form. Particularly if he's playing right wing.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 2

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

I think Gallagher will be the 20 goal a season guy

Brereton is still looking like a flop but he is so young that his potential is still high

Might be the vodka talking but if those two click we are looking fucking tasty

Vodka? More like jet fuel!

Do you really think TM will play those 2 upfront and Dack in the same team?

Just now, PeteJD13 said:

Gallagher scored goals in a team managed by Coyle that contained Lowe, Akpan and Feeney in midfield with Dack providing service he'll score a hatful great signing

But that has been his best season to date! That is the most potential hes ever shown, he went to Birmingham and was muchvworse. The team he was in always gave him a strike partner, and it was a team where we had natural wingers, a younger Conway, Marshall and sadly as you mention Feeney.

Hes definitely an upgrade on Brereton of course, I definitely think its incredibly difficult to argue that its not "big money" for someone who hasnt really proven much. My main point is the way we have utilised our resources whereby weve spent a pittance on our terrible defence and 12m on our 2nd and 3rd choice strikers. If we fix the defence aswell then fair enough!

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Gallagher has scored 18 goals in his entire career, so nobody should be expecting 20 goals out of him. If he matches the 11 he managed in his first spell here then that will be good going in all honesty. Most of those goals were scored in Coyle's 'what's a defence?' system, not Mowbray's 'what's a defence?' system so it remains to be seen if he can reproduce that form. Particularly if he's playing right wing.

As someone else pointed out to me, he can’t play right wing because Brereton will be there.

• Like 2

I just can’t see Gallagher getting that much game time in the centre forward position.

Mowbray will probably judge that he’s not fit enough too having missed part of preseason, so we won’t see him til Christmas.

• Backroom
Just now, den said:

As someone else pointed out to me, he can’t play right wing because Brereton will be there.

I think it's more likely to be Gallagher. In theory Mowbray could rotate both of them in that position, I suppose, but... imagine we just signed a right sided midfielder to play there? 

Just now, DE. said:

I think it's more likely to be Gallagher. In theory Mowbray could rotate both of them in that position, I suppose, but... imagine we just signed a right sided midfielder to play there? 

It was meant to be a joke DE.  

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

Vodka? More like jet fuel!

Do you really think TM will play those 2 upfront and Dack in the same team?

Yeah, he could if he plays a 4-3-1-2 system. Who knows with Mowbray, it's defensive enough. Travis, Johnson, Downing as the three and Dack behind the two lamp posts.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1