BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

34 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Don’t.

Mowbary has no idea how to spend money wisely. No contacts. Just goes for the safe option. Pathetic. Rovers desperately need a manager that can indicate in transfer dealings and tactics

13 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

What about £12m for two young strikers with the potential to score boat loads of goals in the future?

Young? Gallagher is 24. Has done NOTHING in his career to suggest he will ever be good enough for this level. Southampton must be laughing all the way to the bank. Brererton  is a dud

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I think Gallagher will be the 20 goal a season guy

Brereton is still looking like a flop but he is so young that his potential is still high

Might be the vodka talking but if those two click we are looking fucking tasty

It's the vodka talking

Just now, roverandout said:

Young? Gallagher is 24. Has done NOTHING in his career to suggest he will ever be good enough for this level. Southampton must be laughing all the way to the bank. Brererton  is a dud

I agree Gallagher hasn't done much since he left Ewood. I've had my say regarding Brererton.

• Like 1

Just now, Gary C said:

Gallagher and Armstrong could be a good option upfront together when Danny Graham I'd rested

Yep. Mowbray hinted towards the end of last season that Brereton would be playing alongside Armstrong at some point.

• Backroom

Lewis Holtby has been at Brockhall for the past 3 days (yes, another midfielder) 

Fear not, he has now gone to Turkey to sign for Galatasaray by the sounds of it. 

In regards to transfers,  supposedly we want to pay fees over 4 years rather than all up front so we are being told where to go by alot of clubs. 

• Like 5

Just now, den said:

It was meant to be a joke DE.  

The irony is you are right. 

Only Mowbray could spend £12m on strikers and play them on the flanks.

We are a team of misfits...

Lenihan and Mulgrew: “converted” midfielders.

Nyambe and Williams: full backs (potentially) at cb 

Armstrong: number 10 played out wide

Brereton: striker out wide

Rothwell, Reed: centre mid out wide

Travis: converted rb (with some success tbf)

Downing: to be confirmed

Leutwiler: ?

Bennett: who knows

• Like 2

Just now, Madon said:

Lewis Holtby has been at Brockhall for the past 3 days (yes, another midfielder) 

Fear not, he has now gone to Turkey to sign for Galatasaray by the sounds of it. 

In regards to transfers,  supposedly we want to pay fees over 4 years rather than all up front so we are being told where to go by alot of clubs. 

We need to hear fewer stories like this.

It makes it really hard to have any faith in the Mowgster.

• Like 2

Just now, Madon said:

He would have been a brilliant signing, if it was in any way possible.

Just now, Madon said:

Lewis Holtby, damn that would have been nice. Even with our 15 midfielders. He is more of an attacking midfielder?

Are we actually actively trying to sell, release, loan out any of the deadwood? 

Smallwood is close to dropping to record breaking pecking order depth.

Just now, Madon said:

Easily the most exciting name we have been linked with all summer (years?) and it was successfully dangled and taken away from us within 2 sentences! ??

19 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Mowbary has no idea how to spend money wisely. No contacts. Just goes for the safe option. Pathetic. Rovers desperately need a manager that can indicate in transfer dealings and tactics

Rubbish utter rubbish

• Like 4

Good news- defender looked at. 

Bad news- he plays for Burnley 

jimmy dunne, most likely joining hull but there has been some enquiries from rovers. 

Republic of Ireland defender who can play variety of positions which appeals to mowbray. But mainly centre back and meant to be the next Shane Duffy, impressed at Sunderland and hearts last year 

Just seen Ádám Bogdán was released by Liverpool, even if we sign a Keeper for some cash this window why we are not all over that one is surprising. Premier League & International experience and around £4m cheaper than Darlow who is of similar or less experience. I'd personally be much happier having Bogdán starting or providing a challenge to a proper number 1 than Leutwiler.

Just now, Spankus Munky said:

Just seen Ádám Bogdán was released by Liverpool, even if we sign a Keeper for some cash this window why we are not all over that one is surprising. Premier League & International experience and around £4m cheaper than Darlow who is of similar or less experience. I'd personally be much happier having Bogdán starting or providing a challenge to a proper number 1 than Leutwiler.

Good lord I hope we can do better than that

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

jimmy dunne, most likely joining hull but there has been some enquiries from rovers. 

Republic of Ireland defender who can play variety of positions which appeals to mowbray. But mainly centre back and meant to be the next Shane Duffy, impressed at Sunderland and hearts last year 

Tuanzebe he ain’t (didn’t think we stood a chance in a million years anyhow).

• Like 1

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Rich Sharpe in response to someone asking about incoming defensive players:

‘Only had brief contact with anyone at Rovers since touching down. Though the last time I spoke to TM (three days before flying out) he seemed to hint it wasn’t as big a priority as previously suggested.’

*Shakes head*

Let’s put ourselves in the mind of Mowbray...

Lenihan and Williams did reasonably well at the end of the season when we were safe.

Mulgrew. Pitches in with goals, legs have gone, may even leave.

Nyambe. Apparently had a decent ANC, despite scoring and own goal (did anyone see it?). Bennett or Travis can cover at right back.

Wharton. Has been on loan - might be able to earn his place. Could go either way.

Magloire. Didn’t look dreadful after some early nerves. Back up from the bench.

Smallwood. My mate could potentially do a job there if necessary - if we are desperate.

Sorted.

Ooh look, there’s a centre midfielder going cheap...

• Like 2

Generally speaking, keepers tend to get better as they mature into their 30s, although some (Hart perhaps) seem to lose their bottle. I remember some on here saying Friedel was gash when his signing was mooted - Friedel man!! How many points a season was that man worth to us?? When you have a solid keeper, who organises his defence, playing behind defenders that know what they are doing, that is the basis for a confident side whose flair players can relax into their roles. 

Time for Mr Mowbray to show his hand - a team doesn't just form from hastily thrown together recruits, whatever their pedigree or calibre - there is inevitably a period of bedding in, learning each others' game and building rapport and trust (which is what pre-season SHOULD be about...). We are at the point now where we don't want to start the season with a team stitched together from latecomers and raw recruits. It can be hard to recover when heads drop early in a season - and we have a tough start coming up.

C'mon You Blues!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

meant to be the next Shane Duffy, I am still trying to eradicate all trace of the last one from memory !

• Like 2