BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, USABlue said:

Any chance of us getting him though?

If we are genuinely interested, act quickly and will pay the asking price I don't see why not. But given the dithering we have seen of late (and the report of paying fees over four years) I have my doubts.

He was impressive against us twice last season and looks better than what we have.

7 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

The Burnley one is Jimmy Dunne. 

Ah right, I thought Dunne & a Burnley defender were two different pieces of info.

That Ajayi would be a good signing, I thought he played as a defensive midfielder though rather than a CH?

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Ah right, I thought Dunne & a Burnley defender were two different pieces of info.

That Ajayi would be a good signing, I thought he played as a defensive midfielder though rather than a CH?

Both really, which makes him a perfect Mowbray signing, minus the ex club connection 

• Like 1

Just now, briansol said:

He's a monster. Scored two header against us. People are Just bouncing of him. Can play a bit as well

A real threat on corners too which would be nice.

His only real downfall is he can be a bit erratic, suppose he's relatively young still but he would probably benefit playing with a decent experienced keeper behind him.   

Can't think of many more embarrassing things than going to Burnley trying to sign one of their reserves or their washed up goalkeeper they'd be delighted to get shut of and hoping that they'll do us a favour with the fees/financial package. 

Any self respect we'd steer well clear. Plenty of other fish in the sea which we could get without doing them a favour or haggling over one of their reserves.

Sadly the range of our scouting seems to decrease each and every year, and we're now down to clubs/players previously known to the manager or that lot up the road. So much for a new scouting department.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Can't think of many more embarrassing things than going to Burnley trying to sign one of their reserves or their washed up goalkeeper they'd be delighted to get shut of and hoping that they'll do us a favour with the fees/financial package. 

Any self respect we'd steer well clear. Plenty of other fish in the sea which we could get without doing them a favour or haggling over one of their reserves.

Sadly the range of our scouting seems to decrease each and every year, and we're now down to clubs/players previously known to the manager or that lot up the road. So much for a new scouting department.

Our scouting seems to be mainly at grass roots level now, bring them into the academy and polish them up kinda thing.

I don't get why we can't scout more players abroad though, if they put it down to expense that's just ridiculous. You don't have to send people out to watch games live, I watch bloody games worldwide myself from across the world and the club could have someone doing the same.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If we are genuinely interested, act quickly and will pay the asking price I don't see why not. But given the dithering we have seen of late (and the report of paying fees over four years) I have my doubts.

He was impressive against us twice last season and looks better than what we have.

We are genuinely interested. Mowbray picked him out to the coaches of both teams in both games. Rotherham are expecting him to go and are expecting to get £2m. Leeds sniffing now. I can’t believe we haven’t already bid tbh.

8 hours ago, Spankus Munky said:

Just seen Ádám Bogdán was released by Liverpool, even if we sign a Keeper for some cash this window why we are not all over that one is surprising. Premier League & International experience and around £4m cheaper than Darlow who is of similar or less experience. I'd personally be much happier having Bogdán starting or providing a challenge to a proper number 1 than Leutwiler.

Bogdan is a terrible keeper

Just now, Ossydave said:

Our scouting seems to be mainly at grass roots level now, bring them into the academy and polish them up kinda thing.

I don't get why we can't scout more players abroad though, if they put it down to expense that's just ridiculous. You don't have to send people out to watch games live, I watch bloody games worldwide myself from across the world and the club could have someone doing the same.

Mowbray is well documented as saying there was/is a suitable budget for European scouting involving overseas trips with airfares, hotels etc.

As far as I know, we already have the online part covered. Again Mowbray has described this in past interviews.

The problem seems that we are still stuck in Mowbray's little black book of Pals.

Advanced issues found

Just now, Paul Mani said:

We are genuinely interested. Mowbray picked him out to the coaches of both teams in both games. Rotherham are expecting him to go and are expecting to get £2m. Leeds sniffing now. I can’t believe we haven’t already bid tbh.

How can you possibly know that?  was he saying he was shite to one set of coaches?

Just now, JHRover said:

Does it really matter if there is a Burnley link? If he is good enough that’s all that’s needed

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Does it really matter if there is a Burnley link? If he is good enough that’s all that’s needed

Nrt even from these parts either, an Irish lad who was picked up by Burnley a couple of seasons ago. Couldn't really give a monkies if we took him off them.

• Like 1

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Dunne is an odd one. Hulls business this window suggests relegation.

Good at Hearts

Meh at best at Sunderland on loan.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/should-we-buy-dunne-permanently.1470524/

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/jimmy-dunne.1457577/page-17

Worrying

Ya they look to be going full bargain basement. I have heard of Dunne, but he is pretty untested. Kevin Long would be a much better option, but he's close enough to the first team so would be difficult. 

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Although I get the sentiment I don’t think the problem is dealing with them, it’s the calibre of players we are talking about.

That lot got promoted while barely giving us a second thought. We need to stop being so obsessed and just be single-minded about promotion regardless of where players have played.

Oh, and celebrate when they are relegated... and every time they lose of course.

The concern is surely that Hart was the reason that they were scrambling around the relegation places - much to our delight. You could almost call it karma in response to our Schadenfreud if it wasn’t for the fact that our manager is carefully selecting our targets.

• Like 1

Just now, 1864roverite said:

It matters to me, yes. I could accept it if we were depriving them of one of their better players but when it's the other way around then no. I'd like a bit more self respect and imagination with our targets.

• Like 1