BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Not that we need a midfielder but holtby would have been an excellent signing for us. Can also play CB if the worst where to happen and lenihan gets Crocked.

never heard of this dunne lad. Ajayi is one along with a keeper we should be doing everything to sign. Get him and a keeper I would be happy with the Tonys business and we can concentrate on the full backs in the next window

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

We are genuinely interested. Mowbray picked him out to the coaches of both teams in both games. Rotherham are expecting him to go and are expecting to get £2m. Leeds sniffing now. I can’t believe we haven’t already bid tbh.

If we are genuinely interested we should get the deal done now. It's been a real source of frustration nearly every window to be strongly linked to good players who would improve us only to miss out. The season starts in three weeks and historically Mowbray has been reluctant to throw new signings in but integrate them into the squad and his way of working and playing.

If we haven't signed a centre half by next Saturday I can see us starting with pretty much the back four that was our Achilles Heel last season.

• Like 4

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Not that we need a midfielder but holtby would have been an excellent signing for us. Can also play CB if the worst where to happen and lenihan gets Crocked.

never heard of this dunne lad. Ajayi is one along with a keeper we should be doing everything to sign. Get him and a keeper I would be happy with the Tonys business and we can concentrate on the full backs in the next window

Off load Evans and Smallwood 

Though Johnno and Holtby are very similar

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Can't think of many more embarrassing things than going to Burnley trying to sign one of their reserves or their washed up goalkeeper they'd be delighted to get shut of and hoping that they'll do us a favour with the fees/financial package. 

Any self respect we'd steer well clear. Plenty of other fish in the sea which we could get without doing them a favour or haggling over one of their reserves.

Sadly the range of our scouting seems to decrease each and every year, and we're now down to clubs/players previously known to the manager or that lot up the road. So much for a new scouting department.

In truth though, we need to model our championship side on theirs. They did the basics really well.  Tight defence, hard graft and getting the ball into the box.

We faff around way too much, invite people on to us and are lethargic when defending our own area.  

Now I'm going to take a cheese grater to my finger tips for typing that.

• Like 6

Just now, arbitro said:

If we are genuinely interested we should get the deal done now. It's been a real source of frustration nearly every window to be strongly linked to good players who would improve us only to miss out. The season starts in three weeks and historically Mowbray has been reluctant to throw new signings in but integrate them into the squad and his way of working and playing.

If we haven't signed a centre half by next Saturday I can see us starting with pretty much the back four that was our Achilles Heel last season.

I couldn’t agree more. I know @Bbrovers2288 is confident on a keeper soon (though we don’t have a name yet)

I don’t know what we’re waiting on with Ajayi. Mowbray loves him and this is what I got back last night...

me “So when are you selling us Ajayi?”

him “When Tony decides!!” 

Went on to say that at the moment only real interest is from Leeds but no bid. He’d solve our cb problem. Now I’m getting annoyed! ?

Someone on Twitter responded to Sharpe’s comment about TM hinting defence is now not a priority with TM’s BBC Radio lancashire towards the end of the season. Here are his words in all their glory. Either he’s now playing a great poker face or he’s done the biggest 180 in human history:

‘Defenders, listen to me, I’ve got no defence, we’ve lost 65/67 goals, it’s ridiculous. New defenders are coming and the players who have done the job in the team this year, they know they’re coming. Why? Because they’ve shown they can’t do the job in this league.’

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Someone on Twitter responded to Sharpe’s comment about TM hinting defence is now not a priority with TM’s interview with BBC Radio lancashire towards the end of the season. Here are his words in all their glory. Either he’s now playing a great poker face or it’s the biggest 180 in human history:

‘Defenders, listen to me, I’ve got no defence, we’ve lost 65/67 goals, it’s ridiculous. New defenders are coming and the players who have done the job in the team this year, they know they’re coming. Why? Because they’ve shown they can’t do the job in this league.’

So Tony, you know that, we all know that, why would you even hint that defenders aren’t as much of a priority any more?

• Like 3

Just thinking to myself while sat round a pool drinking some shite local lager.

If this Gallagher deal gets done (likely), we could have the following options - Gallagher, Brereton, Chapman, Dack, Rothwell, Armstrong going forward.

A solid midfield with Johnson, Travis, Davenport and even Adam which I never thought I’d agree with.

Add a big horrible shithouse CB and I think we are on for an exciting season. Young & mostly British, hungry players. Something we haven’t had for a while.

• Like 3

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I couldn’t agree more. I know @Bbrovers2288 is confident on a keeper soon (though we don’t have a name yet)

I don’t know what we’re waiting on with Ajayi. Mowbray loves him and this is what I got back last night...

me “So when are you selling us Ajayi?”

him “When Tony decides!!” 

Went on to say that at the moment only real interest is from Leeds but no bid. He’d solve our cb problem. Now I’m getting annoyed! ?

So we're not interested then?!

Anyway if we are its probably because he would command a fee.

As has been stated and proven numerous times, we don't pay fees for defenders.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

Just now, BG1492 said:

Just thinking to myself while sat round a pool drinking some shite local lager.

If this Gallagher deal gets done (likely), we could have the following options - Gallagher, Brereton, Chapman, Dack, Rothwell, Armstrong going forward.

A solid midfield with Johnson, Travis, Davenport and even Adam which I never thought I’d agree with.

Add a big horrible shithouse CB and I think we are on for an exciting season. Young & mostly British, hungry players. Something we haven’t had for a while.

IF let off the leash ..you could be right !

• Like 1

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Someone should take this exact transcript to the next meeting, and show that video of TM saying "defenders are coming" on a constant loop until we get some sense.

Or perhaps maybe we should wait till we’ve finished business before having a breakdown on a 24 hour repeat cycle 

• Like 7

Just now, Biz said:

Or perhaps maybe we should wait till we’ve finished business before having a breakdown on a 24 hour repeat cycle 

Of course.

I really should have started the post with "if the defensive issues are not solved".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pedro said:

In truth though, we need to model our championship side on theirs. They did the basics really well.  Tight defence, hard graft and getting the ball into the box.

We faff around way too much, invite people on to us and are lethargic when defending our own area.  

Now I'm going to take a cheese grater to my finger tips for typing that.

I don't disagree. But all that can be done without going cap in hand to them or taking Joe Hart off their hands.

• Like 2

Just now, Biz said:

Can this be pinned to the top of every page of the thread? 

The default reaction to moan about Mowbray and the club is so deeply entrenched in some that no matter what happens from here to the end of the window, people are going to complain. 

The player will either be too young, too old, have played for Burnley, be a loan, even though other clubs were laudid for their loans last season or we only signed them because no one else was interested. 

Although I'm sure I'll be told now that this isn't true, probably by a mod, even though it is true. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 4

Just now, K-Hod said:

So Tony, you know that, we all know that, why would you even hint that defenders aren’t as much of a priority any more?

Whenever I’m in negotiations I always make sure to reiterate to the other party how desperate I am to buy.

?

• Like 3

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Gk deal being kept very underground, won’t be a link to this one, first we will know about it is when pictures are put up by the club. Even my source isn’t being told a definite name. 

Is it close?

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can this be pinned to the top of every page of the thread? 

The default reaction to moan about Mowbray and the club is so deeply entrenched in some that no matter what happens from here to the end of the window, people are going to complain. 

Although I'm sure I'll be told now that this isn't true, probably by a mod, even though it is true. 

So what? If their opinion is Mowbray/the club is having a poor window they are free to post it.

Debate them. Don’t just post a combination of ‘hysterical’, ‘breakdown’, ‘meltdown’.

As you know what, posts like that add bugger all either.

• Like 9

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Whenever I’m in negotiations I always make sure to reiterate to the other party how desperate I am to buy.

?

The fact we conceded 69 goals last season is enough evidence to any club that we are desperate to buy.

• Like 4

Just now, Mattyblue said:

So what? If their opinion is Mowbray/the club is having a poor window they are free to post it.

Debate them. Don’t just post a combination of ‘hysterical’, ‘breakdown’, ‘meltdown’.

As you know what, posts like that add bugger all either.

If I don't come on for a while and then try to catch up in this thread, it's basically moan after moan from the same posters who post the same moans over and over again. There is no debating that. 

They are entitled to their opinions and I am entitles to mine. 

You are basically just after doing what you are critisicing me for doing...you do realise that 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 4

If I don't come on for a while and then try to catch up in this thread, it's basically moan after moan from the same posters who post the same moans over and over again. There is no debating that. 

They are entitled to their opinions and I am entitles to mine. 

You are basically just after doing what you are critisicing me for doing...you do realise that 

Nope.

Feel free to say their moaning is incorrect because of a, b, c. Of course they can be debated, if you can’t be arsed that’s up to you.

I was surprised at Biz, because I often disagree with him but he will normally debate the issues to the cows come home, not try and close debate down.

Edited by Mattyblue

The player will either be too young, too old, have played for Burnley, be a loan, even though other clubs were laudid for their loans last season or we only signed them because no one else was interested. 

I'd like a defender (centre half) between the ages of 23-30 who has played at a decent level before who we will actually own and be able to build around rather than have to replace in January/next summer and repeat the cycle again. 

I believe that doing the above is more likely to result in longer term success than gambling on unproven kids, signing over the hill 30 odd year olds on short term deals or a repeat cycle of short term loans.

I also believe that Venkys will not sanction the above, or certainly won't on defenders which it is clear our focus should be on, hence Mowbray's gradual regression from his comments early this summer.

If the above makes me hysterical or negative fair enough. I look forward to my negativity and hysteria being proven to be wrong. 

• Like 2