BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

The fact we conceded 69 goals last season is enough evidence to any club that we are desperate to buy.

Even if everyone sees you drive up to the dealership in a clapped out old banger you don’t have to keep saying “I NEED to buy a car, I NEED to buy a car”

Anyway, just a theory I suppose, K-Hod asked why TM would even hint at it not being a priority.

If we’re still driving the banger come August then I hope Johnno is a hell of a mechanic.

Still only 13th July so reserving full judgement, but a squad is coming together.

Yes, a goalkeeper and centre half are desperately needed, but with 3 weeks to go, there’s still plenty of time.

Interesting to think that teams who have had recent success in this league (Villa/Sheff Utd) have done so with goalkeepers on loan.

• Like 2

I think someone like James Collins would have made a massive difference last season when we capitulated. I'd be looking for someone in that mould, a gamble on a 'good' league 1 defender and a right back. That shouldn't break the bank..

I can't help but feel Mowbray perhaps felt that Raya was at the heart of our defensive woes last season and with a more 'experienced' stopper behind them our back four will be transformed..

The thing is Raya's stats last season seem to be amongst the best in the country- sure he had his faults, but he had a ton of positives. 

I'm concerned we're going to replace talent with an old mouth of inferior quality whilst neglecting to strengthen the rest of our defence..

BUT. In Mowbray I trust, I'm sure he's got a plan, I don't think he's a naive manager at all. Looking forward to seeing how things pan out.

Edited by Lie_still_Rover

11 hours ago, Madon said:

Lewis Holtby has been at Brockhall for the past 3 days (yes, another midfielder) 

Fear not, he has now gone to Turkey to sign for Galatasaray by the sounds of it. 

In regards to transfers,  supposedly we want to pay fees over 4 years rather than all up front so we are being told where to go by alot of clubs. 

Lewis Holtby was here with nothing more than using facilities in mind while visting East Lancashire. Agrerment was already in place with a club for him to sign. Never trained with the 1st team. Was never an option of signing. 

Just now, JHRover said:

I'd like a defender (centre half) between the ages of 23-30 who has played at a decent level before who we will actually own and be able to build around rather than have to replace in January/next summer and repeat the cycle again. 

I believe that doing the above is more likely to result in longer term success than gambling on unproven kids, signing over the hill 30 odd year olds on short term deals or a repeat cycle of short term loans.

I also believe that Venkys will not sanction the above, or certainly won't on defenders which it is clear our focus should be on, hence Mowbray's gradual regression from his comments early this summer.

If the above makes me hysterical or negative fair enough. I look forward to my negativity and hysteria being proven to be wrong. 

What other manager would put up with that?

We are either lucky to have him or he is helping them to continue their abysmal tenure.

9 years.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Can't think of many more embarrassing things than going to Burnley trying to sign one of their reserves or their washed up goalkeeper they'd be delighted to get shut of and hoping that they'll do us a favour with the fees/financial package. 

Any self respect we'd steer well clear. Plenty of other fish in the sea which we could get without doing them a favour or haggling over one of their reserves.

Sadly the range of our scouting seems to decrease each and every year, and we're now down to clubs/players previously known to the manager or that lot up the road. So much for a new scouting department.

Just because we haven’t signed someone from abroad,doesn’t mean we haven’t looked. It’s not just the skill factor when signing a player, you have to take in other factors, will he fit in with the current players, relocation to another country,moving family,etc, sometimes when you haven’t got a big budget it’s safer to get someone you know a little about, and if that means signing British,so be it. 

Re signing anyone from Burnley, if it improved the team I couldn’t care a toss, if a decent  G/K and defender arrive along with the expectation of Gallagher, I would think it’s a decent window and an improvement on last season.

Just now, alderson777 said:

Lewis Holtby was here with nothing more than using facilities in mind while visting East Lancashire. Agrerment was already in place with a club for him to sign. Never trained with the 1st team. Was never an option of signing. 

That's disappointing, why bother?

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can this be pinned to the top of every page of the thread? 

The default reaction to moan about Mowbray and the club is so deeply entrenched in some that no matter what happens from here to the end of the window, people are going to complain. 

The player will either be too young, too old, have played for Burnley, be a loan, even though other clubs were laudid for their loans last season or we only signed them because no one else was interested. 

Although I'm sure I'll be told now that this isn't true, probably by a mod, even though it is true. 

There are at least as many posters moaning about moaning as there are actual moans.

It’s all very confusing.

For real though, if people just scrolled past opinions they didn’t like without having to reply to them all in an attempt to change their mind, that would probably be helpful. 

Also, saying ‘I respect their right to an opinion’ or a variant of, before trashing said opinion, negates this statement. 

Remember, it’s only pixels on a screen from a stranger you’ve never met and perhaps never will meet. If it stresses you out so much, I’d recommend going outside for some fresh air.

• Like 6

Just now, rog of the rovers said:

Still only 13th July so reserving full judgement, but a squad is coming together.

Yes, a goalkeeper and centre half are desperately needed, but with 3 weeks to go, there’s still plenty of time.

Interesting to think that teams who have had recent success in this league (Villa/Sheff Utd) have done so with goalkeepers on loan.

This was the mindset under Bowyer “still only” kept the goalposts moving for weeks and months.

Our squad is not ‘coming together’ our we have a huge surplus in midfield and attack, and we are still looking at Adam and Butterfield.

I honestly can’t believe that we haven’t signed a goalkeeper this week.

In other news, how poor is the LT Sport Editor these days? Gallagher photographed at Brockhall and not a peep from them. They can’t even catch fish in a barrel!

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can this be pinned to the top of every page of the thread? 

The default reaction to moan about Mowbray and the club is so deeply entrenched in some that no matter what happens from here to the end of the window, people are going to complain. 

The player will either be too young, too old, have played for Burnley, be a loan, even though other clubs were laudid for their loans last season or we only signed them because no one else was interested. 

Although I'm sure I'll be told now that this isn't true, probably by a mod, even though it is true. 

When Mowbray signs decent players who can improve the first team, he gets credit.

Sadly this doesn’t happen very often.

Just as frustrating is when the same people put a positive spin on everything in some bid to be seen as a better supporter. “Trust Mowbray” (even when he goes back on his word).

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Gk deal being kept very underground, won’t be a link to this one, first we will know about it is when pictures are put up by the club. Even my source isn’t being told a definite name. 

I don't think it will be any of the names mentioned so far.

Probably be announced once Venky's have sanctioned or refused the Gallagher deal.

Just now, Stuart said:

In other news, how poor is the LT Sport Editor these days? Gallagher photographed at Brockhall and not a peep from them. They can’t even catch fish in a barrel!

Reading the article on SG in the Telegraph this morning sums them up.

’According to rumours in the national press’. They seemingly have literally no contacts within the club these days. Poor stuff from the local paper.

We really just need a goal keeper. Then I think we would be set to challenge. The top, top centre backs go on for years newer days reaching there peak in their 30s, they don’t drop down the leagues so much any more.

I would love Wes Morgan for example, but even at 35 he won’t consider us or maybe anyone in the championship, especially as he is a first teamer in the premier league.

Trouble is we have decent centre backs, we just don’t cope well with injuries so attracting someone to challenge for a place is difficult. No doubt about it there are decent centre backs about but not sure we can attract them.

An opinion I currently hold is that we will have greater possession (and experience) this season, so this should help the goals against column.

Just now, OJRovers said:

Got a horrible feeling it could be Jason Steele. Played under Mowbray at Boro.

Everyone has their limits.

If Mowbray signs Steele then that’s any hope gone.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Gk deal being kept very underground, won’t be a link to this one, first we will know about it is when pictures are put up by the club. Even my source isn’t being told a definite name. 

I hope this keeper is worthy of the suspense and intrigue you've created. 

Just now, JayDee said:

I hope this keeper is worthy of the suspense and intrigue you've created. 

I’d suggest that if they’re keeping it so quiet it’s because there’s a risk of losing them. Which means they’re in demand! 

Wonder what Eldin Jakupovic is up too? Leicester 3 rd choice! Thought he was decent at hull myself.

Mentioned this lad before, would be a great trialist: Heinz Lindner, plenty of Austria caps and on a free, good age of 27 and 6ft 2. 

Decent shot stopper, nicknamed the wall at Grasshoppers. Sign him up Tony!

Edited by Scotland1

I imagine  most messageboards up and down the country resemble the moaning/frustration on here tbf. I can't be arsed looking but will Burnley be happy signing just Pieters and Rodriguez? I very much doubt it. Preston with losing arguably their best player and only signing Bauer.

There are clubs, a lot of them who have done a lot less business than us, at least we haven't lost anyone of note either.

IF Mowbray doesn't sign a CB and a keeper by the start of the season he loses pretty much all credibility for me, but hopefully it won't come to that. I point blank refuse to believe he will do a complete U turn on his comments about defenders coming in. If he didn't bring both in hes either A) lost the plot B) been told he can't because someone is still meddling in transfers and thinks defenders are irrelevant.

• Like 6

Just now, Ossydave said:

I imagine  most messageboards up and down the country resemble the moaning/frustration on here tbf. I can't be arsed looking but will Burnley be happy signing just Pieters and Rodriguez? I very much doubt it. Preston with losing arguably their best player and only signing Bauer.

There are clubs, a lot of them who have done a lot less business than us, at least we haven't lost anyone of note either.

IF Mowbray doesn't sign a CB and a keeper by the start of the season he loses pretty much all credibility for me, but hopefully it won't come to that. I point blank refuse to believe he will do a complete U turn on his comments about defenders coming in. If he didn't bring both in hes either A) lost the plot B) been told he can't because someone is still meddling in transfers and thinks defenders are irrelevant.

I lost belief in TM during that horrible run last season (not enough to join in with the ridiculous whinging though) If he doesn't sign a keeper and  big, nasty, preferably experienced Centre Back that would be sackable for me.

• Like 2